[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
trixxar wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks to the creator for a great build, its extremely fun and shockingly well rounded for different situations. Probably my favorite PoE build to date so kudos to Shep.

My 2c on playing the build;
Cost - I got a Lioneye Shield for 2c or so instead of Lyco, and am playing with a rare 6L instead of belly. I'm farming guardians now for about... oh, 35c total in gear? (25c was for gloves, got them at around their lowest in bestiary) Probably not as strong as intended build but I never feel weak.

Mapping - Dps is high enough when mapping that I swap in Onslaught in my 6L instead of a poison support. Because Im lazy I keep it there for anything but T16 guardians or higher. Everything dies. Fast.

Other choices: You already covered both of these, but I liked the feel of vile toxins over deadly ailments, and I went Dirty Techniques for an extra 85% poison damage, and Point Blank

Those are just preferences, probably less strong than suggested build, but the good thing is the build is so versatile you can customize quite a bit and be completely viable.

Thanks again Shepuuurd.

Now that Ive played this one, I have to ask, what are you looking at in 3.3?
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'm currently leaning towards Ignite or Infernal Blow (or igniting Infernal Blow), but the patch notes could completely change that.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on May 26, 2018, 2:51:43 PM
Tried the build in the flashback event and it was fun to play. So first of all thanks for the guide mate!!! Liked the life gain mechanic alot.

So after reading through the patchnotes do you think the build is still playable in 3.3?

And are you planning on updating this guide even if you are maybe playing Ignite or Infernal Blow?

My indepth knowledge of all the gamemechanics is still kinda newb lvl so I heavely rely on guides.
Well it seems like this build will be playable in maps finally hopefully.

From patch notes:

Made several skill performance optimisations, most notably Molten Strike's performance at high projectile volumes.
"
Futschi wrote:
Tried the build in the flashback event and it was fun to play. So first of all thanks for the guide mate!!! Liked the life gain mechanic alot.

So after reading through the patchnotes do you think the build is still playable in 3.3?

And are you planning on updating this guide even if you are maybe playing Ignite or Infernal Blow?

My indepth knowledge of all the gamemechanics is still kinda newb lvl so I heavely rely on guides.
Well there isn't really a lot that has changed in the build, except for the gloves being gone. It's totally playable, in fact I didn't even plan to use the gloves when I started the build.

Right now there is no best way to replace the mana reservation from Aspect of the Spider - you can go Volkuur's with Anger or stick with pure chaos damage and use two curses.

I can't tell for sure which one will feel better without testing it myself, but personally I'd use Volkuur's because it's easier to gear ... if you can get the gloves, that is.

"
Well it seems like this build will be playable in maps finally hopefully.

From patch notes:

Made several skill performance optimisations, most notably Molten Strike's performance at high projectile volumes.
I'm curious as to how much it will help with performance.
The replacements for Fenumus' Weave should also help a bit with lag because the short-term and trash damage will be higher.
Builds and Guides:
I am getting ready for 3.3, and honestly this looks like a really cool build, either as a second (so I can afford a lycosidae), or a league starter. However we are losing bestiary, and as such we are losing fenemus weave.

what replacement gloves would you recommend?
why aren't we using an atziri's promise?

how do you feel about poacher's mark (in an essence worm), for mana gain on hit + frenzy charge generation when mapping. We are also then free to use two rings again.
Last edited by BanditBan on May 30, 2018, 3:20:21 PM
cant you get femunus gloves from cards?
"
BanditBan wrote:
I am getting ready for 3.3, and honestly this looks like a really cool build, either as a second (so I can afford a lycosidae), or a league starter. However we are losing bestiary, and as such we are losing fenemus weave.

what replacement gloves would you recommend?
why aren't we using an atziri's promise?

how do you feel about poacher's mark (in an essence worm), for mana gain on hit + frenzy charge generation when mapping. We are also then free to use two rings again.
I went over the gloves in the update, there are a few options.

Atziri's Promise is less than 10% poison damage because we scale mainly chaos.
The leech isn't worth it either, you should notice why if you try it out.

The ring is actually more important for single target fights, versus packs you get a lot more out of the claw's lgoh.
The problem with Poacher's Mark is that bosses have a pretty high curse resistance, so it's bad there. While mapping you get Frenzies from Blood Rage, and another curse like Despair would help you clear faster.

"
zhul0r wrote:
cant you get femunus gloves from cards?
Maybe from Time-Lost Relic, I'm not sure because it's a boss specific drop.
It would probably be expensive as hell though.
Builds and Guides:
I also feel like you should make some kind of note about how amazing zerphi's heart is gonna be on this build if you can get one.
"
BanditBan wrote:
I also feel like you should make some kind of note about how amazing zerphi's heart is gonna be on this build if you can get one.
It doesn't seem that great, mainly because you can't apply ailments with weak hits.
Soul Eater is really good, but idk if this build is fast enough to really profit from it.

I'd rather use an Impresence to be honest.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on May 31, 2018, 3:18:34 AM
I completed Atziri at lvl 73 on SSFHC with this build. Most likely I won´t play this build anymore, just for Atziri practice maybe.

My conclusion. Even with changing the gamemode, the graphics of MoltenStrike are just too bad.
It is not enjoyable. I had 3400 Tooltip and the dmg felt good actually.

The interaction between Thief's Torment and Molten Strike is one of the best defensive mechanisms
I´ve seen. Life Gain on Hit stacking is immensely powerful.

I was hit with a Storm call and after that with a small Flameblast.
I didn´t die because between those successive hits I hit Atziri and healed myself back to full life.
4300 HP.

I want to take this opportunity to thank the Build Creator , because this build actually does what it promises. You warned us from all the problems, you answered all questions, and you created a build
that is actually strong and deals decent dmg.

I say decent dmg because I´ll never see the build in it´s full power. Which is ok.
Normal Atziri kill is still a big deal for me, I´ve killed her 3 times total.

It was the easiest on this build. I´ve done it on Necromancer with Tukohama Vanguards
and on a RF juggernaut with a Kaoms heart and 2 Kaoms Ways.

Both these OP builds didn´t do as good as this "shitbuild"

Life Gain on Hit is the best defensive layer i know. Up there with maxblock.
If MoltenStrike graphics weren´t so fucking horrible, this build would be actually very enjoyable.
I never used anything for clear except MoltenStrike. Drop one set of balls on a pack, instantly move on to the next pack. That´s quick actually.

Well I´ve said everything I wanted to say. Thx and to all the other guys who will still try this build, have fun with it. It works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info