[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

Check the tree. It goes thru duelist area and to scion life wheel.
Last edited by zhul0r on May 13, 2018, 9:04:24 AM
I played this build a ton over the weekend, had an absolute blast.
Leveling was a bit tough, as I used it as a late league starter. I would suggest using gems that scale the initial hit until you get to lvl 50 or so. Once I got all the core uniques, though, goddamn. By far the most fun I've had with a build. Thanks for making this.
as this build kinda relies on fenumus weave ( a bestiary only unique which will be gone forever soon) this build is also gonna be gone :(
Is this build getting updated for 3.3? without the gloves what would be done? We would have to grab the extra keystone that the gloves are voiding?
"
Mindsmog wrote:
as this build kinda relies on fenumus weave ( a bestiary only unique which will be gone forever soon) this build is also gonna be gone :(
"
Musixs wrote:
Is this build getting updated for 3.3? without the gloves what would be done? We would have to grab the extra keystone that the gloves are voiding?

To be honest I made the build before I even planned on using the gloves, I discovered them as I played the character.
That said, it is a pretty big loss.

Some good replacements could be Fire Volkuurs or a double curse setup, but both would require a small rework of the build. Perhaps a new item from 3.3 could be good aswell.

Right now I'd be more worried about nerfs to Molten Strike or Noxious Strike.
Only the patchnotes can tell what happens to the build.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
What lvl gems do you have for CWDT, Golem and Blood Rage?
"
What lvl gems do you have for CWDT, Golem and Blood Rage?
All on level 20. Quality on Blood Rage is also nice.
Builds and Guides:
I have a quick question about poison on hit. The level 92 tree has 40%, the ascendancy (noxious strike) gives you 40%, The Wasp Nest has 20%, and Coralito's has 25%. Are you aiming for 100% even when Coralito's is empty? The build seems to melt bosses pretty quickly, and there's usually adds to get charges, so wouldn't it make sense to take back that one bare 10% chance to poison node near the claw wheel?
"
dedwar wrote:
I have a quick question about poison on hit. The level 92 tree has 40%, the ascendancy (noxious strike) gives you 40%, The Wasp Nest has 20%, and Coralito's has 25%. Are you aiming for 100% even when Coralito's is empty? The build seems to melt bosses pretty quickly, and there's usually adds to get charges, so wouldn't it make sense to take back that one bare 10% chance to poison node near the claw wheel?
The 10% is quite significant when the Coralito's is off.

I prefer to have that damage in case I run out of charges, but you can definitely drop it.
In the end it's a minor decision anyway; shouldn't really make a difference in any fight.
Builds and Guides:
Just wanted to say thanks to the creator for a great build, its extremely fun and shockingly well rounded for different situations. Probably my favorite PoE build to date so kudos to Shep.

My 2c on playing the build;
Cost - I got a Lioneye Shield for 2c or so instead of Lyco, and am playing with a rare 6L instead of belly. I'm farming guardians now for about... oh, 35c total in gear? (25c was for gloves, got them at around their lowest in bestiary) Probably not as strong as intended build but I never feel weak.

Mapping - Dps is high enough when mapping that I swap in Onslaught in my 6L instead of a poison support. Because Im lazy I keep it there for anything but T16 guardians or higher. Everything dies. Fast.

Other choices: You already covered both of these, but I liked the feel of vile toxins over deadly ailments, and I went Dirty Techniques for an extra 85% poison damage, and Point Blank

Those are just preferences, probably less strong than suggested build, but the good thing is the build is so versatile you can customize quite a bit and be completely viable.

Thanks again Shepuuurd.

Now that Ive played this one, I have to ask, what are you looking at in 3.3?
Last edited by trixxar on May 26, 2018, 3:59:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info