[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
Rhapsodical wrote:
Hiya, I've been using this build since it was featured and I'm having a great time with it! Recently, I went ahead and fought against the Shaper, but got destroyed pretty hard. I concluded that I'm having a hard time getting enough hits in to get poison stacks going before the Shaper uses an attack that OHKOs me. I took notice that the build is listed as Shaper-viable, but there's no video posted of you taking on the Shaper; that's not to say I don't believe you, but I'm wondering if you had tips on how to take him on or what I need to work on.

Here's my equipment;

Spoiler

I've also got two Wildfire Jewels and a Viridian Jewel with 17% increased evasion rating, 7% increased life, 14% increased stun and block recovery, and 20% increased damage with poison. I'm one level away from being able to allocate another jewel slot, as well.

I'm also well aware that the enchants on my of my items are shit. I've applied them myself in uber labs as opposed to buying an item with a worthwhile enchant, although I may buy the ones I need in the future.

Here's my skill tree;

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAABeAdwCEQUtBbUGcAeZCC4NjRCSES8UIBX9Fr8Zjhm0I_YmlS4jLlMwfDIyNZI2PTfUOuE_bEMxRfRHfkp9SxxMjkz_TZJN404qTp9QR1FHUdlVS1nwW69fP2HiYqxkr2VNZ6Bqk2wIbIxvO29XcFJxsHTtdoJ343gNeWh6f311gCKEooTZh3aJ04o4jDaNfY2_j8GQCp2qotmjiqZXqW6wkrDYtMW00bVItfK8b702vqfAGsEEwuzIDMjw02_TftQj1gfYvdmG2sHb5-LV45_rY-1B7YPuDu8O73rxivJF_MX-Cv6P_rr_kw%3D%3D
I tried recording Shaper several times but the quality turned out too bad. There's no way I could record (Uber-)Elder on this build without my PC dieing.

Although I did make screenshots of my first kills:
Shaper
Uber Elder

You can find the gear I used for both fights in the gear section. Your equipment is more than enough for Shaper, but probably not Uber Elder.

I wrote some tips a while ago:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
The fight is pretty simple though:
Slam: dodge
Balls: move into melee range and he won't do the attack, this means you can't use Ancestral Call though.
Beam: move away or if you have balls facetank it with Ancestral Call
Portals: place your Wither totem at the portal and stand next to it to block the creatures
You definitely don't want to get hit by the balls, but they usually shouldn't oneshot you. If they do, you don't have enough life (or it was a crit).

Now I think you can also facetank them with the Uber Elder setup, but I still wouldn't try it.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 29, 2018, 3:25:55 AM
Alright, I’ll keep that in mind.

At the time of the attempt, I believe I had somewhere in the realm of 5,800 HP. I’m now around 6,096 with the addition of my fourth jewel and a 5% health node. I also noticed that during that attempt it felt like the Shaper’s beam was hitting me from behind him. I assume I shouldn’t be right at his back, but attacking from a slight distance by holding Shift? I can’t really facetank the beam (I briefly tried, my regen on hit didn’t appear to be enough so I dashed out). I could be mistaken, though (although this could be solved with the addition of 5% more attack speed from that new jewel). I’ll give it another shot tomorrow and tell you how it went, unless you have anything else you need to tell me first.

EDIT: I specifically noticed you said to facetank the beam with Ancestral Call, looking back. What do you mean?
Last edited by Rhapsodical on Apr 29, 2018, 4:15:45 AM
"
Rhapsodical wrote:
Alright, I’ll keep that in mind.

At the time of the attempt, I believe I had somewhere in the realm of 5,800 HP. I’m now around 6,096 with the addition of my fourth jewel and a 5% health node. I also noticed that during that attempt it felt like the Shaper’s beam was hitting me from behind him. I assume I shouldn’t be right at his back, but attacking from a slight distance by holding Shift? I can’t really facetank the beam (I briefly tried, my regen on hit didn’t appear to be enough so I dashed out). I could be mistaken, though (although this could be solved with the addition of 5% more attack speed from that new jewel). I’ll give it another shot tomorrow and tell you how it went, unless you have anything else you need to tell me first.

EDIT: I specifically noticed you said to facetank the beam with Ancestral Call, looking back. What do you mean?
Yeah the beam has a rather large hitbox so get behind him.

On any single target fight, you can summon a clone with Ancestral Call if you move a bit away from your target and hit the air. That way you get your own AND the clone's balls for essentially twice the amount of hits. It takes some practice to get used to, but is definitely worth it.
You can see me doing this in all of the bossfight videos.

The problem in Shaper's fight is that he'll do the Ball attack if you're at that distance, so you need to stand right in his face most of the time.

But really, even if you manage to facetank the beam, don't try it. It's just something you can do for fun.
Moving out takes like half a second and is much safer.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 29, 2018, 4:44:46 AM
I am just curious about how do you manage the reserve mana on three skills. Arctic armor costs 25%, temporal chains 35% and aspect of spider has 42%. How do you take advantage of all of them?
"
Ever14 wrote:
I am just curious about how do you manage the reserve mana on three skills. Arctic armor costs 25%, temporal chains 35% and aspect of spider has 42%. How do you take advantage of all of them?
Aspect of the Spider is only 25%.
You need to use the Shield Charge setup in your gloves or the mana reservation will increase.
Builds and Guides:

This is my current setup with about 5.2k life. Do you recommend replacing with BoTB 6-link to get over the 6k mark? Is it worth the trade off of losing the dps boost from Cherrubim?

Currently in Standard so no luck on fenumus weave yet, but curious what else would be a significant upgrade for me.
I wanted the people who made this build to tell me what they think I did

items without the headhunter:

As you can see, I managed to get a grip on the weapon, gain life and mana on hit along with the weapon, I think I improved survival to not get a hit kill, but I do not know if Femunu's makes so much difference when it comes to adding damage. I take too long to kill any guardian, if anyone has a tip that can give me I thank you right away!

Sorry, English, I'm not very good XD
"
flipsensazn wrote:
This is my current setup with about 5.2k life. Do you recommend replacing with BoTB 6-link to get over the 6k mark? Is it worth the trade off of losing the dps boost from Cherrubim?

Currently in Standard so no luck on fenumus weave yet, but curious what else would be a significant upgrade for me.
Cherrubim's is the better item when it comes to raw stats.
If your only concern is survivability, Belly might be better because it adds about 300-400 extra life. You can definitely live without the extra damage.

The best upgrade for you right now would be an helmet enchantment; or maybe gear with higher life rolls.

"
I wanted the people who made this build to tell me what they think I did

As you can see, I managed to get a grip on the weapon, gain life and mana on hit along with the weapon, I think I improved survival to not get a hit kill, but I do not know if Femunu's makes so much difference when it comes to adding damage. I take too long to kill any guardian, if anyone has a tip that can give me I thank you right away!

Sorry, English, I'm not very good XD
You can check PoB for what Fenumus' gives you, it's about 30% more damage. Yep.

Bleed won't do a lot of damage on this build, but I'm actually curious: do Haemophilia help a lot with lag or clearspeed? This build has rather weak scaling on the explosions.

Your claw is very nice, but the problem is it still can't compete with a Wasp's Nest. If you want to drop Thief's Torment you can simply use 1-2 jewels with mana on hit, that way you don't have to get extra poison chance (or Voidheart).
Since you're not using Thief's Torment, you might want to look for Elder rings with life gain on hit if your survivability feels bad.

Granite Flask is not a good idea because Acrobatics halves your armour. A Stibnite would be better.

Grace is a nice choice; Despair is also a good curse. Lightning Golem is better than Ice Golem.

For bosses you also want to use a Wither Totem, it doubles your damage.

I haven't used Headhunter on this build but I don't think it's a good idea. In general you want to use it on fast clearing builds where you can get a ton of buffs. Though I remember someone saying that they got the Soul Eater buff and crashed the game. =)
Builds and Guides:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
Ever14 wrote:
Aspect of the Spider is only 25%.
You need to use the Shield Charge setup in your gloves or the mana reservation will increase.

Got you. Thank you very much!

By the way do you think dirty technique is a useful skill to get in the passive tree?
can you replace deadly ailments with vile toxin support ? thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info