How Do YOU Eat Healthy?

lol ok. i ll make a detailed post tommorow cause i am heading to bed.
Cool, thanks bro
"
astraph wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:
@Astraph : Wow man that sounds exactly like what I was wanting to do. I don't mind eating healthy foods. Shit I could eat an apple for breakfast, an egg for lunch, and a some salad and cottage cheese for dinner. And I have no problem with that because it all takes good to me honestly. And that's how I lost the 30lbs and it wasn't a struggle for me at all.

On the other hand... I LOVES me some

But the problem is once I open the bag I have to eat the entire thing. It's the only food that makes me want to eat bad. I don't care about pizza or burgers I just want these lol. So with what you are saying, I can eat clean foods 6 days and then on the 7th day I can eat like 3 bags of these all at once?

Ohh, sounds great, but perhaps a bit too good to be true. But I'll try hahahaha.

Yes you can, as long as it fits your weekly energy balance. You HAVE to cut down calories the rest of the week. I know it perfectly well because it has worked for me for years. My typical saturday diet might consist of: a large pizza, 3 waffles with all kindds of cholate syrups and ice cream, and a bug burger with fries. As a point of reference i look like this:

HOWEVER I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH. YOU HAVE TO MEET YOUR WEEKLY CALORIE GOAL, OR YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT.

dont be creepy...
I dont see any any key!
Accidentally.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
For me, it has always been about cutting out the processed sugars, such as those found in sodas, candy, etc.

But really, the best way to do it is a combination of diet and exercise.

From Dec 2013 to Jan 2015, I lost 80 lbs by cutting down on processed sugars and walking for 20-30 mins a day... for context, I was driving a cab most of that time, so pretty sedentary lifestyle. In Jan 2015, I had changed jobs and joined a gym. By April 2015, I had lost another 30 lbs. Doesn't seem like much, but I regressed on the sugars, and put on some muscle at the gym. My gym routine was 3 days a week of compound lifts and 2 days of low-intensity aerobic exercises.

[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
"
For me, it has always been about cutting out the processed sugars, such as those found in sodas, candy, etc.

But really, the best way to do it is a combination of diet and exercise.

From Dec 2013 to Jan 2015, I lost 80 lbs by cutting down on processed sugars and walking for 20-30 mins a day... for context, I was driving a cab most of that time, so pretty sedentary lifestyle. In Jan 2015, I had changed jobs and joined a gym. By April 2015, I had lost another 30 lbs. Doesn't seem like much, but I regressed on the sugars, and put on some muscle at the gym. My gym routine was 3 days a week of compound lifts and 2 days of low-intensity aerobic exercises.

congrats dude
Ok, let's start with the workout

I work out every day for a total of 9 hours per week of anaerobic exercise. I do not recommend that to you. 4 times a week of intense weight lifting (2 days upper body, 2 days lower body is good), is good way to start. Always prefer weightlifting to cardio because cardio sucks outside of warming up. You can do it if you feel like it AFTER lifting weights, but if you are to spend more time lifting, do that instead.

Then we have to calculate how many calories you burn per day and determine how much protein you need. At 180lbs you need between 110 - 150 grams of protein per day. Since you are new to lifting and you need to eat at a caloric deficit, it is better to be nearer the upper limit. In order to calculate how much you burn you can use a tool like this https://tdeecalculator.net/. These are not 100% correct but they are a good start.

After you determine how much you burn per day, then you start planning your diet. You see how you can get the ~140 grams of protein that you need daily, and then you can fill the rest with whatever you want as long as it's healthy.

Now i will move to examples. If let's say you burn 2500 calories per day (17500 per week), and you want to lose fat and build muscle(you are new, you can do them both at the same time, while i am not so lucky), you aim at 2000 per day or 14000 calories per week, which will put you at a weekly deficit of 3500 calories weekly, which translates to losing 1-2 pounds of fat. Now since you need the FREE day, you can leave one day open to eat crap for a total of 4000 calories, but this means that the rest 6 days you should between 1650 - 1700 calories WHILE GETTING ENOUGH PROTEIN. You can adjust this by eating less calories on your free day and more on a normal day, or the opposite (keep in mind it is really hard to get 140 grams of protein with less than 1500 cals per day though. Especially if you do not use crappy supplements, and i do not reccommend that you do).

Personally i burn around 2900 - 3000 calories per day, so the periods that i am cutting fat i aim for 2300 - 2400 calories per day which allows me to cheat far more on my free day. Anyway, my non cheat diet plan that i follow 6 days goes like that (when i am cutting):

1) Breakfast - a glass of 250 ml low fat goat milk + 175 ml of egg whites and a table spoon (30 grams) of peanut butter (sugar/sodium free, 100% peanuts)

2) Post workout a second glass of Goat Milk with egg whites

3) In the afternoon a third glass of goat milk with egg whites

4) For dinner a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, tuna and a chilly pepper sauce that i make my self (grinded hot peppers, onions, garlic, balsamic vinegar, paprika)

5) For lunch my plan goes like that: 2 times per week fish (200 grams), 2 times per week chicker or turkey breat (200 grams), 1 time per week legumes, 1 time per week spinach with 5 eggs, 1 time per week lean beef (200 grams). All them with a big side salad (usually broccoli) without fancy sauces. NEVER EAT FRIED food.

1-4 is around 1000 calories, so i plan my lunch to be between 500 to 700 calories to give me a daily average of 1600 calories and this leaves open my Saturday to eat around 7000 calories.

That being said everyone is different and its body have different needs. You are heavier than me so you need more protein per day ( i aim at 120 grams, you need about 140), and you burn less calories per day. You have to determine how much you burn. I do think that if you aim for 2000 daily average you will be fine if you are very consistent with your workouts.

For a 14000 weekly goal, you can eat 1650 calories per day, and have 4000 on your free day as i said above. If on your free days you wanna eat 3 bags of these hersey sweets, determine how many calories are in those and fill up the rest with whatever you want as well.

Edit: 3 bags of hearsey's cookie and cream equal 2760 calories, which means that you can have these on your free day + another 1200 calories of your choice.

Tip: Do not weight yourself after the free day. The scale will show higher number but it is mostly water weight. Always weight yourself the day before your free day at the same conditions (after waking up usually works, before you eat or drink anything).
Last edited by astraph on Mar 9, 2018, 2:56:14 AM
I only eat vegans.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Accidentally.

This.

I wouldn't consider my eating habits anything remotely close to healthy, they just aren't. However, I currently simply can't gain weight. On the contrary, I have to be careful not to lose some. While this might sound really awesome to some people... believe me, it's not. At the moment I'm about 186 cm tall with a weight of only 60 kg. Which is severely underweight. But as I said, it's virtually impossible for me to gain weight.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Astraph thanks man. You know it's interesting because the way that you eat is very similiar to how I lost the 30lbs to begin with. You said you used chili pepper sauce. I didn't make a sauce but I always COATED all my salad in cayenne pepper, black pepper and lemon juice. I mean make the whole thing red. Because of the lack of salt and sugar I ate, I supposedly was not retaining salt or water or whatever. It's because I read that cayenne pepper was good for inflammation and burning fat. So I guess you believe the same thing. I also ate fish 2x a week because you can't eat too much of it because of all the mercury in some kinds of fish.

I also ate small portions like a salad + 3oz of lean turkey, chicken, salmon, or tuna every 4 hours. I snacked on sunflower seeds or walnuts. And because of this I was literally always eating something and losing weight at the same time. It felt like I was always snacking so that's why it was so easy. I guess from what you are saying that I should stick to that style of eating, more or less during my 6 days. But to add more protein and to work out a lot more. Sounds good to me.

One thing I was gonna ask, I have a craving for whole wheat bread/cheese toast + brocolli and peas. That sound like a good plan? I tend to prefer to eat the same dayum thing day after day. But I would also mix in black beans/kidney beans/ asparagus.

Basically I'm asking if cheese toast, brocolli, peas could replace eating kale and spinach, as kale and spinach has started to bore me for the time being.

One last thing I LOVE eggs. But what the heck am I supposed to do with the egg yolk? Throw them all away?! Man I can't really see myself doing that. EDIT: I guess I could feed them to the dog, I guess.

Anyways thanks a lot dude. I think I've got a pretty good idea of how to go about his now.
Last edited by BearCares on Mar 9, 2018, 8:26:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info