[3.4] Zerphi Poet VD - Easiest Uber Elder build - Twinned kill - 20000+ life recovery per sec

"
Shani wrote:
"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
@Shani Well I think that about 800 life difference and 2 jewel sockets are big for endgame. The damage loss wouldn't be 135% anyway (tbh I don't know how you calculated it because I don't see 135% fire /spell damage on ranger/shadow/witch path that we're missing. If you don't take the aura nodes you can just go to Celestial judgement which I think is the highest damage increase of all the damage nodes that are left. As I said, damage wouldn't even be an issue and if it is, only an indigon build can help you but the enchant on it is like 90-100 exalts.

Edit: Sorry for double post.

...Damn it. Chrome ate my post so you're getting a short version. -_-

You get most of it from stuff near Elemental Focus, Blast Radius, Explosive Impact, and Retribution.

Since Retribution and Light of Divinity are low-priority end nodes, you can drop their 29%increased and take two 6%life nodes instead, cancelling out the %life advantage in return for making the %increasedDamage difference smaller. With the same gear, I get something like a 183life difference after making those changes.

With the two jewel sockets, you're either stacking more life, or you're stacking more damage. With this build, as long as you're not getting 1-shot, you're fine, and compensating for the damage decrease is going to take some pretty fancy jewels.

I just really don't see what this alleged huge advantage to going around the lower left side is over the upper right is, unless you're aiming to go tri-Purity, which some (not all) of the posters that advocate it aren't. They look pretty close to me, with the upper right being somewhat easier but less flexible.

I agree with you on one big point. I would also probably take the damage path if the league wasn't delve. I tried both trees and to be honnest I don't really notice the damage difference and that's why I prefer gettings lots of defenses especially against physical and cold damage (delve stuff). Also, I this pathing is probably better when you're past level 95 because I don't have the option of "taking two 6% life nodes" INSTEAD of something because they're already taken. So yeah the difference with Kaom's Heart is about 700-800 life, maybe even more if you get abyss jewels and the possibility to go arcane chemistry if you want to perma use RF for mana degen as well as the ability to be more flexible on jewelry with some extra resists you get nearby the jewel socket and the extra jewels you can get.
Last edited by OCELOT69350 on Oct 19, 2018, 5:24:02 AM
"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
"
The_Rain_Man wrote:
"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
Having too much attack speed doesn't really affect your survivability. Zerphis scales from mana cost of frenzy * attacks per second. Your dps will suffer though.
In his case it doesn't matter how much recovery he had, a one shot is a one shot.

The interesting thing about it is though i have done countless kills of pheonix and uber and all of the rest of it and never have been 1 shotted i kill pheonix rather easily actually.There was no bad map mods i always triple check. He killed me very easily twice on the duelist build the 2nd time he killed me i left the same map open and switched the build back and went back in and killed him. His fire bombs barely scratched me i wasted him pretty quickly like i usually do.

With my build i have abit higher attack speed and AOE my attack speed with frenzy charges is 4.63 and have 20%CDR from my belt.

Duelist i would have had a little lower IAS and much lower aoe i didn't actually check what it was.

Also my fire res with duelist was waaay over capped. it is much lower with my build i always kill him with a ruby flask on the go aswell though.

So what do we reckon it was just the wrong attack speed?

It is indeed too much attack speed but having a wrong attack speed doesn't result in a one shot. I still think it was just some unlucky one shot crits from the nova attack. Yes I know this attack usually does like 20-30% of your life at most but I already saw it one shot this build.

@Undo89 I think that's because you have 51 unreserved mana. The immortal call duration is enough for your mana to regen to full with divination distillate.

@Shani If you go auras and get anger + herald + purity of ice for more damage I think you compensate for the loss of some of the damage nodes. Also 2 jewel sockets can grant you like 60% spell damage and some life on top of it. The loss of attack speed it whatever and can always be compensated even if you have max cdr. Damage isn't really a problem on this build I feel, maybe it is when you reach depth 600 or 700+ but the difference woudn't be huge anyway.

Alright im gonna give the duelist way another go because i would prefer it. On paper it was all round better. Maybe i will give lightning coil a go with it aswell seeing as i had 9.1k life the duelist way with koams on
IGN: Elem_Mental

Lets all drink red bull jump out of a plane and hope for the best.
Last edited by The_Rain_Man on Oct 19, 2018, 6:50:55 AM
I have a simple question regarding to Amulets. Is it really worth to use Xoph's Blood? I mean for example, using Yoke of suffering is a good alternative. You can shock, ignite, freeze and apply Bleed and Poison thanks to "Chance to Bleed" and "Poison" support on gloves with frenzy.
Xoph's Blood covers enemies in ash and grants 10% penetrate elemental resistance, but yoke grants 25% more damage thanks to ailments and shock, which is a massive damage multiplier.
What's your opinion between those 2 necks?

Last edited by YoloMecSweg on Oct 19, 2018, 9:15:05 AM
"
YoloMecSweg wrote:
I have a simple question regarding to Amulets. Is it really worth to use Xoph's Blood? I mean for example, using Yoke of suffering is a good alternative. You can shock, ignite, freeze and apply Bleed and Poison thanks to "Chance to Bleed" and "Poison" support on gloves with frenzy.
Xoph's Blood covers enemies in ash and grants 10% penetrate elemental resistance, but yoke grants 25% more damage thanks to ailments and shock, which is a massive damage multiplier.
What's your opinion between those 2 necks?

Yoke would be a bit more more damage for trash mobs if you shock them before they die but it's less damage than xoph against bosses. The problem is that you lose 10% max life too.
Coming back to this build after a long layoff and am totally confused as to what you guys are using in your skill trees versus mine.
Any help there appreciated thanks.
Char name is Femarrowe.
Last edited by EDMOSES on Oct 21, 2018, 5:47:00 AM
Thank you again for this build - this is the third league in a row where I play this as my main char. This time around I decided to shuffel things up a bit to be better prepared for delving. I am fairly certain that this is significantly more tanky than the original version and it does not suffer significanly decreased clearing speed.

I am comfortably cruising at delve 600, even hard mods (12% pen) are OK and I can clear outpost without problem at that depth. I have not yet delved deeper since I wanted to hit 100 first. Uber Elder is trivial - no need to move at all.

Edit: two fun things: i can do ele reflect maps with this and standing right next to a detonate dead chest is barely noticeable :).
Last edited by Faendris on Oct 21, 2018, 6:59:43 AM
Hello,can someone help me how to make my cast speed correct so I did not lose my dps.I didn't have cd on my belt and boots.My damage is good but i sure that i have a mistakes in my gems lvl etc...
"
Luskanderon wrote:
Hello,can someone help me how to make my cast speed correct so I did not lose my dps.I didn't have cd on my belt and boots.My damage is good but i sure that i have a mistakes in my gems lvl etc...

You attack speed on frenzy seems to be 3.54, which is fine if you don't have any cooldown reduction. You could upgrade it a little bit for life recovery purpose but not getting more than 3.75 if you still don't have cdr.
"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
"
Luskanderon wrote:

You attack speed on frenzy seems to be 3.54, which is fine if you don't have any cooldown reduction. You could upgrade it a little bit for life recovery purpose but not getting more than 3.75 if you still don't have cdr.

I need to find new gloves with attack speed?
Last edited by Luskanderon on Oct 21, 2018, 4:34:07 PM
"
Luskanderon wrote:
"
OCELOT69350 wrote:
"
Luskanderon wrote:

I need to find new gloves with attack speed?

After checking in POB again it seems that you can quality 20 frenzy, blood rage and GMP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info