[3.4] Zerphi Poet VD - Easiest Uber Elder build - Twinned kill - 20000+ life recovery per sec

"
MarkArne wrote:
"
vvamic wrote:
"
MarkArne wrote:
Cant even take down guardians whitout useing 4-5 portals, what am i doing wrong? cant find any errors my self. plz take a look
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MarkArne/characters

Could you be more specific as to why you are unable to do it smoothly. Judging by your gear, it should be fine unless you are running out of flask charges or missing a flask timing.

Only thing you should improve on is your mana cost, 400+ is more than enough for any content.

With that gear your damage might be slightly lower but you should be able to tank everything.

The flasks are running !!, but tier 12 elder kill me with ice arrow, cimmera snake minnon kill me, shaper slam killed me like 3-4 times, in 1 game cos i was to slow to get away. Feels like i cant face tank any bosses past tier 15.

Remove the rare jewel and use a Fevered mind instead to increase your mana cost. I checked everything in your setup. You are using wise Oak to cap your resistances which should be fine but needs full uptime of the flask.

I still think it has something to do with flask management coz I can see no improvement other than mana cost for you defense wise.
Last edited by vvamic on Jul 16, 2018, 2:11:24 PM
"
vvamic wrote:
"
So after playing the build for quite a while now, pretty much reached peak point apart from lvling up further.

81/90/81 resists during flasks, not opted for wise oak as its not worth the hassle when using lightning coil.

I don't think wise oak is for defense boost alone, I count it as a bonus. The real stat is the fire penetration, With pathfinder you can get upto 23% fire penetration with it.

With some changes to tree, a fire penetration watcher's eye, some gear enchants/corruptions and wise oak, One can hit 90%+ fire penetration.

reason i said wise oak is not worth the hassle is because its hard to balance resists while using lightning coil due to the -60% lightning res and its marginal dps gain for its hassle when you can just invest into decent pieces with high life and drop life nodes on tree and go for heart of flame for example, i'll have 6.7k life at 94 while respeccing a few points into that and moving up to 37k avg vd dmg vs shaper, with the gear listed in my other post that is.

PoB for reference in changes: https://pastebin.com/JERtL1zw
Last edited by MindCapacity on Jul 12, 2018, 2:43:59 PM
"

reason i said wise oak is not worth the hassle is because its hard to balance resists while using lightning coil due to the -60% lightning res and its marginal dps gain for its hassle when you can just invest into decent pieces with high life and drop life nodes on tree and go for heart of flame for example, i'll have 6.7k life at 94 while respeccing a few points into that and moving up to 37k avg vd dmg vs shaper, with the gear listed in my other post that is.

PoB for reference in changes: https://pastebin.com/JERtL1zw

Although I agree with you about it being hard to cap resistances with lightning coil but what has that got to do with wise oak? It's really easy to get fire highest and cold lowest in most scenarios.

And marginal gain? If we talk about that then an opal base ring will give you 1-2k at most damage/ring, while as wise oak will give 6-12k. Plus stacking fire pen will melt most content.

My VD damage presuming Covered in ash + Frenzy Charges + Flask's up is 51.7k
With Wise Oak its 63.3k
Last edited by vvamic on Jul 12, 2018, 10:29:15 PM
"
foster21 wrote:
"
naxus123 wrote:
"
foster21 wrote:
So I am having some severe issues. I spent about 40ex and couldn't really facetank uber elder, all portals gone. Feeling pretty defeated. Please have a look at gear, pob or the video link to see wtf I'm doing wrong.

https://pastebin.com/zNCJHNGb

https://youtu.be/31Cbmd-O-YU

Ideally, Id like to be able to carry at least 3 peeps, but as it stands so far I cant get the kill solo.

I beg, the help.. I needs it.

Hello Mate,

Here goes my personal opinion only,a small resume,

You will need more fevered mind gems for sure,
I play mostly with magic find gear and have 5 fevered mind,
This gives me a total of +/- 360 mana cost,
Without kaoms or xhops blood
Only the belt is a personal preference to go with the normal one, with flask effect duration and the cooldown or with bisco leash,

With this setup you do all the maps until tier 15/16 without any problem, of course some mods can make you sweat if you dont pay attention,

The kaoms and xhops mostly to do shaper and uber elder,
If you find any situation you died once or wantt to go safe just need to place the gloves to double your life regen,

Regarding uber elder, normal setup, full gear, kamos boots necessary of course,
For the freeze, slow etc..
5 fevered mind to give you together with your gear more than 600 mana cost,
Slight lower no problem also,
The chest you can go with kaoms as well,
Life at least 6700+ minimum in my opinion,
Watch out for your res, cold the lowest, fire the highest, ligh high as well,
-This after you po all the flasks,
If you can get all at the same number in terms of res, this is GG,for wiseoak,

The damage output of uber elder,
You want to facetank all, yes the watchers eye is a must to have,
No bodyswap and culling strike,

No watchers eye, i recommend bosyswap,
Less damage, more time the fight but more than enough damage,
And you can tankalso most of it,

If you want to carry people inside, the lightcoil is better, as much tough you have the better,

Returning to your gear,
Fevered mind more of course,
Mana cost up to 360 for maps, magic find
600+ better for shaper uber elder etc..
If you can get volatile destroys one more corpse on head is GG,
If it´s on a helm with res or starkonjas is preferences,
This enchant is 30%+ damage + more survivability,

Small details, rings with fire damage if possible,
Your poets pen need mroe attacl speed,
Here try to get the highest,

Still, in the overall is the fevered mind the most important,
Hope it helps,m

A BIG THANKS TO MARKUZ, great guide and understanding of the build,

Wow this is pretty gold, Let me maybe help you, to help me.
Only thing I care about is opening uber elder, and having people hop in for the service. Mapping is going to be nonexistent at all. So with that in mind, let me see if I can parse through what youve given me. And if this is too many dumb questions feel free to ignore this, I just spent crazy exalts and I really want to understand this.

1. Will I still need another fevered mind gem?
2. Since I am not caring about MF at all, Im assuming my belt is OK
3. do I really want kaoms chest for the uber elder fight? I thought it was lightning coil or bust? (edit I see you wrote lightning coil is better with uber elder carrying)
4. You said watch my res, does that matter without wise oak?
5. Im assuming you mean no body swap and yes culling strike, which case since I dont map I got that down already.
6. When you say mana cost, I see I have 396 on tooltip for frenzy, I gotta adjust that with another jewel you were talking about, Im going back in the guide to understand why but can you tell me what the importance is of that? I am super low on mana most of the fight.
7. Poets Pens attack speed, easy fix rings with fire damage and those other stats are going to be a bit difficult.
8. Hows my watchers eye? I am running vit with purity of ice now (instead of stone golem)

I added this guy to the build, at no small cost at all.

Again if its too much dont bother replying, youve given me a lot to work on

Hey Mate,

First of all this is my opinion of the build because i play it too and have a group of friends

That use as well,

This build have many understandings of coruse so this is just an addition to help,

You are running the end gear and only have 396,

For shaper and especially uber elder you need much more, 600+ if possible,
As i said, if you dont wnat to die sometimes, you can always place the glove to give you double regen,
I use magic find, i use 5 fevered mind, i have +/- 360mana cost,
No need more to do until tier16 maps,
Always with bodyswap to make it safer,
The res is important of coruse, as much the better but you have your flasks,
Fire the highest and cold the minimum ,
You need to cap your res after you pop your flasks, they give you a lot of res,
So you have to tune that with the flasks,
regarding the wise oak, here very important, if you cant gte afetr you pop the flasks all res at the same number is GG, huge damage,

Regarding your mana, is always empty and is who it goes due to hte righteous fire, has to be empty,
Here normal,

The rings if you can get fire damage betetr if not not a big issue,
The xhops blodd and boots only needed for shaper and above,
the chest kaoms more than suficiente,
Boduswap i use even knowing i lose a bit of damage, enough for uber elder,
Lightning coil is the top with a watchers eye, stay at the same place, tank all, carry as much people you want,

Your helm is GG, a lot of exalts,

Your gear is Ok, you can get betetr but what you have is more than enough to do all content,
Just gte more fevered mind,
-Watchers yey not needed, if you get one better but not mandataory at all

Last edited by naxus123 on Jul 12, 2018, 3:52:43 PM
Where is everyone getting the attack speed to be over 4 APS? I'm only at 3.3 right now and I have 8% from my gloves.
"
foster21 wrote:
So I am having some severe issues. I spent about 40ex and couldn't really facetank uber elder, all portals gone. Feeling pretty defeated. Please have a look at gear, pob or the video link to see wtf I'm doing wrong.

https://pastebin.com/zNCJHNGb

https://youtu.be/31Cbmd-O-YU

It seems like you don't have enough attack speed because you don't have Faster attacks support on your gloves. You should get more life on belt, it is much more important than cooldown reduction, you can get a regular leather belt with 140 life flask mod and one resist for cheap.
You can add another fevered mind for more heal.

"
MarkArne wrote:
Cant even take down guardians whitout useing 4-5 portals, what am i doing wrong? cant find any errors my self. plz take a look
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MarkArne/characters

Try to level up a bit more to gain more life, and replace gloves and maybe belt as well, reroll helmet for more life

I also added a few tips about the fight and flask management:

How to play the fight, flask management
If you got the necessary stats to facetank the most important thing is flask management, it is the only thing you always have to play good during the fight, but it is also the only thing you do, so it is not difficult, just needs some practice. Just stand in your hideout, activate your flasks and try to keep up them as long as you can, preferably at least for 1 minute. Look for the flask duration markers under the flasks and try to re-activate only when there is a little bit left of the duration. If you choose to tank everything then you don't even have to look at the fight, only make your flask press timings perfect and move your cursor around a bit.
If you can't keep up your flasks long enough, make sure you have enough flask modifiers, you need at least a "Reduced flask charges used" mod on belt, but you can also get "Flask effect duration"
If you still die with flasks up you can do 2 things:
Improve your gear's defensive part, make sure to have enough life, maximum resistances, physical mitigation and heal amount.
Try to dodge the shaper balls manually, these do the highest damage in the fight, but they are the easiest to avoid by moving around a little bit, which can make the fight much easier.

Facetanking everything however spectacular is not the safest strategy, the more attacks you dodge manually the safer you will be, but don't neglect your flask management!
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
So I am playing HC with this build (im sadistic) and was running kaom's roots for the stun immune, and trying to reduce the chance of player error via not having to micromanage the mana regen as much and focus on the encounters more(since zerphi deactivates upon reaching full mana). Any other way to become stun immune and use those boots?

During mapping you don't need stun immunity, because there isn't anything that can stunlock you, and 1-2 stuns won't kill you because the zerphi is active for a few seconds.

The stun immunity has the most importance against shaper balls which can not only stun you, but stunlock you so long that you can't attack and your zerphi heal falls off

( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Jul 12, 2018, 5:00:46 PM
"
Kingof2v1 wrote:
Where is everyone getting the attack speed to be over 4 APS? I'm only at 3.3 right now and I have 8% from my gloves.

I hope you are joking. At this point checking your profile you have 7L gloves, supported by poison, faster attacks and faster projectiles. You have blood rage, flame dash, increased duration, and blood magic in your gloves, and frezny, gmp, lgoh, blood magic in your helmet.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
"
Kingof2v1 wrote:

I hope you are joking. At this point checking your profile you have 7L gloves, supported by poison, faster attacks and faster projectiles. You have blood rage, flame dash, increased duration, and blood magic in your gloves, and frezny, gmp, lgoh, blood magic in your helmet.

Not joking... an oversight by me. I forgot to swap the gems when I got my helm. I see how I've fucked up ty
nvm
Last edited by dv8d on Jul 12, 2018, 10:09:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info