Currency Nerfs

What's up with currencies now?

I'm on my 5th rare T9 map with 19% Goldwyrm without alch / scour / chaos. This is bad RNG but impossible in previous leagues. Two GCP drops and I'm level 89.

> Crafting is too expensive now
> Using masters to craft is not always a wise choice anymore. Don't even think about rerolling crafts
> Rerolling maps is a big deficit
> No use for map device at least until T15. T13 maps are 3C, last league they were 10C at this point
> 1 sextant = less profitable to buff up maps
> Super slow progression from mid gear forward

Almost any of the tools that you use will end you up in a deficit.
The game has changed from playing smart to simply mindless clear speed running magic maps and doing chaos recipe.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Mar 5, 2018, 5:09:53 PM
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2018, 11:36:04 PM
Time to GitGud Boem, show me your "Godly" trading skills that you so often write about. OMEGALUL.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
"
Acolina87 wrote:
Time to GitGud Boem, show me your "Godly" trading skills that you so often write about. OMEGALUL.

Yeah, I used to make mad bank with using all tools given properly, not sextants tho. Now I can't do anything at all and I'm not interested in doing boring alch / alt map spams.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
When are they gonna nerf Kiss_Me_Quick though?
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
When are they gonna nerf Kiss_Me_Quick though?

I feel like I will nerf myself out of here forever. I'm just looking for a confirmation here that it's just me but it doesn't feel like it.
Hey ur the one who said u were baller af in making money lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Hey ur the one who said u were baller af in making money lol

I can still make a lot of money but what's the point? The only thing that I can get out of it is to just throw it away, not use it.

Everything that you craft now is going to be in deficit unless super lucky. If you want to get good items, just pick up rares.

Everything that you invest in maps will be deficit by default.

These prices aren't adjusted by players, the game itself doesn't allow you to have these tools or use them. There is no point in paying 5C on a 3C map. These prices will go even lower the more people arrive to maps.

Why even bother?
I've done another 2 rare T10 maps and I have a vaal orb to show only. No other currency above alt.
Hrmm, guess it's not just me then.

First started feeling something was wierd when I just could'nt afford paying Transmutes and Alts to the Net guy early on. In past leagues I'd be swimming in them and converting Trans orbs into wisdoms. This league even after I outgrew using them on Nets, my Transmute supply has felt so limited I'm pretty much exclusively using Armorer scraps for Wisdoms.

In all previous leagues, I'd just mindlessly buy all the maps zana had to offer every reset for the first few days after I started mapping to build up a map pool... but this league I ran out of Chance orbs very quickly, and have just had to avoid buying them. I'd have a map I wanted to buy, run 4 maps and only find myself with 1 chance orb to show for it. And Reserving them for zana maps is the ONLY thing I've used Chance orbs for, I havn't been gambling for uniques or anything at all. Usually I have more chance orbs then I know what to do with, but suddenly this league I can't scrape any together.

I hated to leap to nerf theories, but if other people are noticing a distinct shortage of currency compaired to usual, maybe there was something there....
Sadly they want trading to be the only way to generate some currency. Unless you want to bore yourself to death running lab.

This league is gonna be over quick. Boring as fuck.
Every other alc or higher that dropped for you got rerolled into a net.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info