Checking in regarding Content Update 3.2.0

Over the weekend, we deployed the Bestiary Challenge League and Content Update 3.2.0 to the PC version of Path of Exile. We know that many of you are wondering when this update will be coming to Xbox One and so we wanted to take a moment to check in and let you know what we're working on and what to expect in the near future.

Our aim is to deploy Content Update 3.2.0 and the Bestiary League to Xbox One as soon as we possibly can. Our team is finishing up a few small details for the Xbox One version and we will be submitting this to Microsoft hopefully later this week. Once the update is accepted by Microsoft it will be easy to announce a date for when the launch will happen. Watch this space!

We know that many of you have asked how capturing beasts is going to work on Xbox One. We've been working on a smart-targeting system for Bestiary Nets so that they're easy to use with the Xbox One controller. This will allow Xbox players to throw nets in the general direction of a group of monsters and the net will automatically be targeted to the most powerful of them.

The net capture feature will check for monsters in a radius around your current target. It prioritises monsters with higher health pools - favouring magic, rare and unique monsters first. So if a Bestiary modded mob is in the middle of a giant pack of white or magic monsters, the Bestiary mob will always be the net target as this has the highest health pool and rarity. The net capturing ability will be a bindable key action that you can select on A, X, Y or B. This is a very important feature that we want to get right on day one of release.

We also want to include as many of the hotfixes from the PC version as possible to give you the best league experience from the very start.

The Abyss League will end when Content Update 3.2.0 launches. At launch, the Abyss Supporter Packs will be replaced by the new Bestiary Supporter Packs! This means it's your last chance to grab your Abyss Supporter Packs and complete your challenges for your exclusive microtransaction rewards!
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
Being treated like the unwanted step-child by GGG continues...

This port is going to die if GGG keeps on like this.

Xbox support is in a BAD place.

Chris you need to step in here.
Last edited by furiousgeorge on Mar 4, 2018, 8:27:00 PM
Nice, so I'm assuming that estimated date of the 7th is not even close now? Probably more towards the end of next week?
"
RedLeafClover wrote:
Nice, so I'm assuming that estimated date of the 7th is not even close now? Probably more towards the end of next week?

They aren't even done with coding man...I think end of next week is generous as hell.
"
The net capturing ability will be a bindable key action that you can select on A, X, Y or B. This is a very important feature that we want to get right on day one of release.

This isn't really optimal with some builds but I guess it is what it is.
In other words, we'll get back to you. Everybody gets that sometimes dates need to change, but you guys won't even specify one. Way to inspire confidence. You get that the way you are handling console needs to change, right? This is just unprofessional and amateurish.
There were unforeseen bugs that want handles before they release on Xbox since patching isn't as dynamic. After that it is out of their hands.
"
xenor24 wrote:
There were unforeseen bugs that want handles before they release on Xbox since patching isn't as dynamic. After that it is out of their hands.

If this were the first time GGG experienced "unforseen bugs" that caused delays in Xbox updates then I think the community would be inclined to give them a pass.

Literally every single patch I have seen for Xbox has had "unforseen" bugs causing either significant delays or shit to be outright broken when it is released.
"
BinaryMyth wrote:
In other words, we'll get back to you. Everybody gets that sometimes dates need to change, but you guys won't even specify one. Way to inspire confidence. You get that the way you are handling console needs to change, right? This is just unprofessional and amateurish.

You would rather have had them release the patch along side the PC release and possibly have to wait on the 6 hotfixes to clear cert? Personally I'd rather get a stable version released and if that takes another week or even more so be.
I don't mind at all being consistently 2-4 weeks behind pc. Please take your time and make it the best you can. Who better than the master race to beta test releases for us! Stop hating haters lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info