[3.2] Juggernaut - Tectonic Slam - 1.1 mil DPS - Crit - Stormwall/Hegemony's Era **UPDATED** 3/4/18

I figured I would post my build up to this point in Bestiary. The gear above is what I'm wearing (haven't incorporated the wise oak yet). At the moment with charges and flasks up I'm at 920k shaper dps. Once I get lava lash on the tree and use wise oak I will be at 1.2 shaper dps. My rings, boots, and belt can all use major upgrades and I am close to being able to buy a kaoms which I think may be BIS for the AoF version. I know I have good gear but this a POTENTIAL look at what can be achieved. I'll be happy to answer any questions but from the posts I'm looking at, people are highly undervaluing AoF and fire penetration in general. So far the toughest part of my build has been balancing resists and what to reserve with mana.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/djtEX1HY
I'm a noob with this app so let me know how badly I screwed up ;)

@Cruxation, nice gear, how much accuracy do you have and is Oskarm actually worth using here?
Can anyone explain why we use hatred aura over anger?
Thank you for this build guide. I had thought to run something like this, but I changed my mind and am going on a slightly different tack since I'd found this on a different character

Can use a lot of the same core of the build, with some minor alterations (Taking Axe nodes, dropping Ancestral Warchief for supporting the Molten Burst in the weapon, perhaps taking iron grip also for the molten Burst)

Two things I've noticed with levelling this. The first is in the levelling items suggestions, and more specirically, the Reaper's Pursuit axe, which has 'Hits can't be evaded'. This would let you drop Resolute Technique sooner then later, which will also let you start investing in crit sooner in your tree.

The second thing, is that they changed a support that significantly changed how Juggernauts in particular play. They added '3% More Damage per Endurance Charge' to 'Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support'. Considering we get 7 charges total just from the passive tree (not even considering gear), that works out to 21% more, plus the ability to help maintain charges even more consistently (not that we need much help there). Personally, I think I'd definitely take it over Ruthless, and hell, I personally would take it as a higher priority over Conc Effect to keep the slam area massive.
"
kati7 wrote:
For dw tec just look at modz, he switched just an hour ago and destroys things...sure another league too his damage and his offhand is sure good but theres better ones, so is his mainhand...but yea sure still very nice.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/modz/characters

Im ethical, my (still young) 2h tectonic jugg will always be 2h.

Thanks for posting this. With this my damage easily multiplied by 5. Just had to switch Gloves and Mainhand.

Costs till now:

MH: 40c (5c with lower dps) - no upgrade planed for now. A 400+ DPS one will be around 5-10ex
OH: 12c - upgrade planed for a double "extra damage gained" roll will be around 3ex
Body Armour: 40c - upgrade planed to Craiceann's Carapace will be 8ex
Helmet: 90c - maybe upgrade to a Abyssus with Enchant after Body Armour, will be 5-10ex
Gloves: 100c - BIS i think
Boots: 40c - BIS i think
Ring1: 35c - no upgrade planed till i got a new Offhand and Bodyarmour
Ring2: 20c - no upgrade planed till i got a new Offhand and Bodyarmour
Belt: 10c - i guess i will upgrade this after upgrading Rings to compensate missing Resists

With the new tree i have only 5k HP. So i feel a little bit like a glass canon. But still missing a good body armour and ueber lab. So i think it will be fine in the end with around 6k HP.
Last edited by Rake7 on Mar 16, 2018, 7:25:04 AM
Hello everybody,
i was rly exited about this build but in late 70's it started to feel some kind of not good.

I swaped from Hegemony to Ahn's and stat stick claw, dps went up huge time, the build feels much better. Downside is that i dont have endurance charges while fighting trash (nothing hits me) but boss does, so no issue there. And i can generate power charges via orb of storm and pcoc if needed (shaper, elder uber atziri) which results in 1mil Shaper DPS.

Another change, Tombfist. Feels much better then Oskarm's. Managed to get one with Temp Chains on hit (40c), have rly nice belt with resists and lots of hp.

Last edited by blekotacz on Mar 16, 2018, 7:47:52 AM
Hi all,please tell me is this an marauder build suitable for hardcore?And tell us more about the stones and clothing for pumping the character ,thank you all in advance and sorry for my English)Greetings from Russia!
"
Cruxation wrote:

PoB: https://pastebin.com/djtEX1HY
I'm a noob with this app so let me know how badly I screwed up ;)

Some nice gear and numbers. I keep going back and forth on DW vs STAFF I really like them both. I think you are really right about fire pen especially for bosses where pen makes a massive difference.

To those that suggested taking Kaoms Roots that has really helped me. The only thing that really scurred me so far was getting crit chilled with temp chains on in a t11 map. And now I feel really really stronk.
Been playing a build similar and two things i have noticed.

1. Ice golem is better than lightning golem in every instance
2. Added fire dmg instead of ruthlessness is a HUGE dps increase.

Other than that good build.
"
@Cruxation, nice gear, how much accuracy do you have and is Oskarm actually worth using here?

Well my theory on it is that the build has few ways to gain critical strike chance which is true. On PoB the gloves account for 7.5% damage and almost 5% crit. I am not 100% sure its worth it at this point but higher crit chance feels better for me to play with. I may not be utilizing these gloves real well tbh but it was a fundamental point in my theory crafting so I haven't really looked hard at it. If you have better ways of gaining crit chance please let me know I'd love to look into it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info