[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

I'm not gonna weigh in on either side, mostly because I skim read the arguments and I haven't even started my WI character for this league yet let alone experimented with Incinerate.

Just feel the need to point out that the tooltip DPS is probably a lot more accurate with Incinerate than it is with Icestorm. Incinerate at 2,400 with the potential %420 seems like a lot when Icestorm only says 5.5k, but, that 5.5k is probably more in the realms of 400k DPS.

Not sure if you'd taken that into account, but either way people reading may not have.

Sykar, that was my last message too, just need to say it.

You said it yourself - you are trying to maximize ignite and burn damage. That's the right way. I just don't understand why you are trying to bring icestorm to this.

The problem with icestorm is that it's completely inapropriate to ignite build - that's all. That tooltip on icestorm is one hit from 1 hit, and one cast of icestorm produce 1 projectile in 0.1 sec, meaning 10 projectiles in a second from a single cast, which persist for about 3-5 sec. That's where our damage, sheer number of hits, and that's the problem cause ignite based on the power of that one hit, and not DPS of hundred of hits.

I don't know, you seem so clueless about whispering ice, so i really doubt that you even played one before.

If you want to do ignite build - it would be much MUCH stronger to discard whispering ice staff and put usual ignite based weapons in its place.

That's why i called it "jack of all trades". Your ignite-incinerate will not be truly good until you get rid of whispering ice and our need to get as much int as we can. When anyone will decide to follow this path of maximizing int (which is obligatory for any whispering ice build) - we basically made anything other than icestorm into garbage skill. Other way is true too, when we try to boost something else instead, our icestorm becomes weaker.

Not even gonna mention that idea of this build is staying alive and tank things. Ignite don't have leech and will not help us staying alive, that's for sure.

If you can, can you atleast provide your gear, open your character would be even better, and if possible record some of yours gameplay. There it would be really obvious, if that variant really that good as you saying. Cause now that i heard that your icestorm is only 5.5k, i'm interested if it's because you just still didn't get good enough gear to reach 10k yet, or your experiments were the cause.

P.S. I never "attacked" you. As i said before, at first i thought that you are troll, making a comparison of damage with SR was way too strange, and it can confuse newbies in topic, so somebody must have said something for them to read too (as counter-opinion). But then you exploded... well, have fun with it.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jun 11, 2018, 11:27:28 AM
I also play this with incinerate,

first of all I like the visual more
second I play it with your classic Build and just 4L Cold to Fire, Leech, CwC - with 20q and lvl 20 it does 9k DPS which isnt alot but nice to have, also a bit ingite dmg

but the main reason is, that incinerate counts as hit and therefor I get some juicy extra leech
It costs me arround 100 mana / sec, I do have 228 Mana and 54 Mana reg. With Boots Enchant I'm never oom and can spam it 24/7 (aslong as I hit smth).

I didn't read your entire conversation but for me the 3 points make sense and therefor I use it over SR because it just doesn't give me any disadvantage.

Greetings Exiles!
#stillinlovewithGGG
Noob question, but why both Golems at level 12 only?
Hurrah, people insulting each other :[

I shall LC spam with my items, as I'm quite a long way along now. Not going to upgrade boots, gloves or chest: going to craft them instead, as there's nothing better around yet than what you can craft with multimod. That ought to take me to > 10k ES, then I can 6L chest.

Having > 80 fire pen is nice, and I'm wondering if it might even be worth dropping Herald of Ash in order to run Vitality, Arctic Armour, and Discipline. It's worth 15% of DPS, but I wonder if I'll even need that once I 6L chest and have Combustion up more reliably?

"
fabricardo wrote:
Noob question, but why both Golems at level 12 only?

It's due to level requirements of CWDT. I'm doing them at 20, which triggers them every 3,272 damage. I have 8500 ES, so that's fine. If you have 5k ES it won't be frequently enough, and you probably aren't in maps where they'll die too soon. 12 is just a suggestion for what you'll be comfortable with.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 11, 2018, 12:21:00 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:

It's due to level requirements of CWDT. I'm doing them at 20, which triggers them every 3,272 damage. I have 8500 ES, so that's fine. If you have 5k ES it won't be frequently enough, and you probably aren't in maps where they'll die too soon. 12 is just a suggestion for what you'll be comfortable with.

Hmmm, am I doing something wrong? Cause currently both my Golems are not being summoned when I take the required damage from CWDT. In fact, I still can manually cast them using my shortcut keys. Aren't CWDT supported skills not able to be manually cast? =/

This is my setup.
Last edited by fabricardo on Jun 11, 2018, 12:37:30 PM
"
fabricardo wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:

Hmmm, am I doing something wrong? Cause currently both my Golems are not being summoned when I take the required damage from CWDT. In fact, I still can manually cast them using my shortcut keys. Aren't CWDT supported skills not able to be manually cast? =/

This is my setup.

Because you "cast when damage taken" is too little lvl, so formally golems are not linked with it even on your 4-link.

Read description, it says "This gem can only support skill gems requiring level 46 or lower", and your golems required 56 lvl.

But beware, the more you level up cwdt gem, the more life you need to lose on each activation
"
Med1umentor wrote:

Because you "cast when damage taken" is too little lvl, so formally golems are not linked with it even on your 4-link.

Read description, it says "This gem can only support skill gems requiring level 46 or lower", and your golems required 56 lvl.

But beware, the more you level up cwdt gem, the more life you need to lose on each activation

Oh yea! You're right! Totally didn't see that. HAHAHA! Alright got it. Thanks so much!
"
NoImagination wrote:
Hurrah, people insulting each other :[

I shall LC spam with my items, as I'm quite a long way along now. Not going to upgrade boots, gloves or chest: going to craft them instead, as there's nothing better around yet than what you can craft with multimod. That ought to take me to > 10k ES, then I can 6L chest.

Having > 80 fire pen is nice, and I'm wondering if it might even be worth dropping Herald of Ash in order to run Vitality, Arctic Armour, and Discipline. It's worth 15% of DPS, but I wonder if I'll even need that once I 6L chest and have Combustion up more reliably?

If you have that kind of watcher's eye - it definitely worth to drop herald. I mean, if by droping herald we can get 1.5% of leech, then we can put something instead of life leech gem, which basically around 50% more damage (instead of about 17% or so)
"
Med1umentor wrote:
If you have that kind of watcher's eye - it definitely worth to drop herald. I mean, if by droping herald we can get 1.5% of leech, then we can put something instead of life leech gem, which basically around 50% more damage (instead of about 17% or so)

Ah: I meant if it's worth dropping Herald instead of AA. I dropped the latter & replaced LL with Fire Pen.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 11, 2018, 3:47:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info