[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
pharaoh000 wrote:
short answer: there are 2 kinds of "% physical reduction"

long one:
- phys reduction from flat armor (normally showed in character tab) is an estimated-number for NORMAL mobs with the same lv as your char.
- fpat phys reduction from other sources (Arctic armor, basalt, Tukohama or other pantheon....) is added into the estimated-number above when you fulfill its conditions. The main point here is this flat-phys-reduction work with EVERYTHING that deals phys damage (including phys DOT as far as I know)

Therefore, in most of the case, a basalt will provide more nutritious than a granite.

Thanks, exactly what i wanted to hear.
I jump from 12% phys reduction to 32% with a granite, and 27% with a basalt. 50% with both.
"
popochka wrote:
I jump from 12% phys reduction to 32% with a granite, and 27% with a basalt. 50% with both.

Basalt gives you GUARANTEED phys mitigation. Incoming phys damage will always be reduced by that number no matter what.

Granite (raw AR) gives you an ESTIMATED number that's accurate only against white trash mobs of your level (which don't even exist for lv 90). Bosses, rares, whatever mods - all that will in reality hit harder than 'estimated'.

Defense stats screen simply adds the guaranteed and estimated numbers in a totally stupid way that makes it look like Granite is better. But it's misleading. Basalt is the stronger of the two and is enough against most everything. Even against the Shaper Slam there is no real need to use Granite, I just bring it for more security because there is a slot available, and I used to do him with 6k ES in 'poor' leagues.
So there are new corrupted Vaal implicits in 3.3... There is a list for all types of gear in the wiki, but no list for the jewels yet. I found a Brute Force Solution and decided to vaal it just for fun. And got this:

OK!! :)

If anybody finds a full list, post a link here please.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
So there are new corrupted Vaal implicits in 3.3... There is a list for all types of gear in the wiki, but no list for the jewels yet. I found a Brute Force Solution and decided to vaal it just for fun. And got this:

OK!! :)

If anybody finds a full list, post a link here please.

Wow, that's actually usefull!
I still remember when i only started to play poe, corrupted blood was my nemesis :)

And it still really annoying. GrindingGear is really proficient in adding ninja-addons... If you think about it, they never even announcing uniques, and only show it after they were found. Same with vendor recipes.

I think that it's the only game that have so much secrecy in their content in current gaming age. Quite a unique approach.
Found the new vaal mod list for jewels. It's actually in the wiki, but the table is too wide and cannot be scrolled horizontally. Maximize the browser, and it's the last column on the right.

Some really useful new stuff there!

Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you
You cannot be Hindered
(4–5)% increased Damage
You cannot be Maimed
You cannot be Cursed with Silence

Silence immunity existed before, and I got it in some leagues. But Silence is a curse, so the Warding flask was always fine. But the new immunities to Corrupted Blood, Maim and Hinder - that's fantastic.

P.S. Haha, if I only knew to look for these before! On trade for 2c each, multiple copies.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 12, 2018, 5:58:45 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Found the new vaal mod list for jewels. It's actually in the wiki, but the table is too wide and cannot be scrolled horizontally. Maximize the browser, and it's the last column on the right.

Some really useful new stuff there!

Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you
You cannot be Hindered
(4–5)% increased Damage
You cannot be Maimed
You cannot be Cursed with Silence

Silence immunity existed before, and I got it in some leagues. But Silence is a curse, so the Warding flask was always fine. But the new immunities to Corrupted Blood, Maim and Hinder - that's fantastic.

P.S. Haha, if I only knew to look for these before! On trade for 2c each, multiple copies.

Wow, will upgrade mine too soon. In that particular league i feel that we have much more enemies that hinder and maim us.
In the past i just run the freeze immunity flask, and almost never feel slow after running in the pack.
Now i feel that every freaking contact with enemy leave me with 50% of speed or worse despite being immune to chill... Those jewels would be really helpful, if not completely OP, considering how easy it is to acquire them.
I have the Hinder one. It's not like the Jugg's "movement can't be impaired." It's only helpful against monsters that cast spells that hinder me. I don't notice anything different in practice.
"
Graiaule wrote:
I have the Hinder one. It's not like the Jugg's "movement can't be impaired." It's only helpful against monsters that cast spells that hinder me. I don't notice anything different in practice.

Yes, it's just against the Hinder spell. I tried it on Shakari and it did nothing. However, there are some new trash mobs that do Hinder.

Immunity to Maim is a very useful though. A whole lot of Act 5/10 type trash maims you.
I think the best would be "1% reduce mana reserved"

Probably we can add another aura with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info