[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Jespetin wrote:
Definetely more INT into gear.

Yeh. You can do a lot with the flasks too. Mine can't be optimal (Iron Skin?!), but it's definitely an improvement over yours right now. You need warding, ice and staunch, you probably want adrenaline on your QS, and if you're going to go Stibnite, you probably want Reflexes somewhere too.

Also, 5L chest is very useful due to blind. You're 2 sockets short at the moment, and ideally you want to be using both.

By the way, about flasks... Can anyone tell me why everybody using basalt flask instead of granite?

I mean, sure, it's obvious on normal armor character, because it adds 15% of reduction regardless of our armor stat. When armor is already high - 3000 from granite flask isn't really high.

BUT... we use ES gear. Our armor stat is nonexistent. It's 0! Granite flask alone give us 25% reduction, which already almost twice as effective if compared to basalt. But also, now that we have an armor from flask, we can actually roll up to 100% increase armor on flask which will boost our flask to 40% or so, can't remember exactly.

Not even need to say that granite flask is 30/60 charges, therefore can be used twice without any additions, but basalt is 40/60.

Am i missing something, or entire forum fust forgot that granite flask exist?
So...

I stumbled upon this for sale for... 5c!!!

Math time!

There are 21 possible Vaal mods for belts. 2 of them give Int (Int+Dex and Int+Str). Since there are no sockets involved, I'm not sure if the chance to get a Vaal mod is 1/4 or 1/3. But if you do roll that outcome, there is a 2/21 chance to get one of those mods. So the overall chance of this happening is either 1/32 or 1/42.

That's if you play with the Vaal Orbs. Not a lot of people do currently, since these mods are brand new and it's pretty early in a new league. But when it gets more common, these belts should appear for sale more often. For just about any build (except this one and HoWA) this is a brick. That explains the price.

If you get the lv 3 Corruption Chamber in your Temple, you get two mods. Again, depending on whether the 'white sockets' outcome is rolled for socketless items or not, the chance to get one of these mods is:
1 - (19/21 * 18/20) = 0.19 divided by either 3 or 4,
so it's either 1/16 or 1/22

And the chance to get BOTH is:
2/21 * 1/20 = 0.007 divided by either 3 or 4,
so it's either 1/420 or 1/560

So the BiS outcome's chance is astronomical. It's not going to happen unless you are lucky or rich. But one extra Int mod is quite doable.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 8, 2018, 5:47:20 PM
Whoa those flasks are old like from the beginning of the week...not sure why they didn’t update yet but I have 2 QSoA, 1 BoS, 1 SoH and 1 SoW
Hi, i was thinking to go with this build. How is it going so far on league? Any problems with gear what you have right now? Im playing totem arc and suffering already. Totems are dying to fast and have not much regen.
"
ender0320 wrote:
Hi, i was thinking to go with this build. How is it going so far on league? Any problems with gear what you have right now? Im playing totem arc and suffering already. Totems are dying to fast and have not much regen.

Going good. Don't have that good gear and T15 maps with crazy mods feel like a joke pretty much.
Nice, i just killed elder first time, but wasnt easy at all. I think i will try that build.
"
ender0320 wrote:
Nice, i just killed elder first time, but wasnt easy at all. I think i will try that build.

I've played it for 4 leagues now and it never dissapoints. End up facetanking shaper guardians every time and such. It's not the fastest for clearing but very good build overall.
Hi,

I'm new to this game and i'd like to try this build in Incursion League.
Your guide is amazing! Really easy to follow and to learn from it.
Does the WI still drop when u farm The Incantation Card in Western Forest?
Last edited by Tsarkyyy on Jun 9, 2018, 8:43:13 PM
hi guys....can someone check my gear/tree and tell me what i do wrong?...why i have so low ES ?...thnx...(also i am on std)any tips welcome:)
Hi Kel

why you have fire penetration in case of life leach. is the watchers eye enought to leech and why more fire penetration ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info