[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Looks like this build will still work in Incursion. Maybe freezepulse levelling is practical now though?
Last edited by NoImagination on May 30, 2018, 1:40:46 AM
Finished reading the 3.3 patch notes. Nothing immediately affecting this build, no nerfs. Some potential buffs:

- Incinerate as a possible swap for SR for trash clearing
- Heart of Fire probably worth taking
- Vaal Impurity of Fire for boss killing
- Ball Lightning is faster and larger
- Freezing Pulse and Firestorm buffed for easier leveling

Anybody see anything else good or bad for us there?
The impurity of fire will be very juicy for us. The rest stays mostly the same I think, some early leveling buffs but apart from that we can all still use this exact build (minus fenumus for obvious reasons)
Dont think impurity of fire will be worth using. We are getting even more penetration via combustion (just link fire trap to combustion then throw it at a boss for -19% fire res at level 20).

Last edited by Venefang on May 30, 2018, 9:33:49 AM
"
Venefang wrote:
Dont think impurity of fire will be worth using. We are getting even more penetration via combustion (just link fire trap to combustion then throw it at a boss for -19% fire res at level 20).

Traps can't be thrown by CWDT, right? Manually spamming traps would take way too much time and lose more DPS than an extra 19% pen would gain.

Vaal Impurity removes the enemy resistance completely, and that's 40% for endgame bosses. Pretty much the same as adding Fire Penetration for free. This sounds pretty huge.

Either way, the main version of the build should work exactly the same (slightly better because of the faster and larger BL). And we'll see how all the new stuff works.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Venefang wrote:

Traps can't be thrown by CWDT, right? Manually spamming traps would take way too much time and lose more DPS than an extra 19% pen would gain.

Vaal Impurity removes the enemy resistance completely, and that's 40% for endgame bosses. Pretty much the same as adding Fire Penetration for free. This sounds pretty huge.

Either way, the main version of the build should work exactly the same (slightly better because of the faster and larger BL). And we'll see how all the new stuff works.

Yeah it might be a problem throwing a trap for bosses that move.

I forgot you dont use the fire penetration support gem, so I guess vaal impurtiy of fire would be good. I guess we would be using incinerate then (trash dps will be fine without S.ray)

Last edited by Venefang on May 30, 2018, 11:04:10 AM
Hi! Thank you for this build!

I tried it recently in the Flashback Race, and got level to 90, having a blast along the way, and almost ruining my graphics card with the Spell Cascade option. :p

I couldn't find a Fenumu's body piece, but I found the Gloves.
Spoiler

I also found a pair of Skyforth boots.
Spoiler

In the end, I opted to not use them, as using them dropped my energy shield by 1.5k, and I felt a bit squishy with only 7.6k shield. In place of the Fenumu's body piece, I'm using an Atziri's Splendour, as it gives quite alot of energy shield, and fixes my resists nicely.
Spoiler

I also didn't pick up the Skill Duration nodes, as I wanted to play around with Lightning Warp (I got the Innocence MTX from my lvl 35 box).

How would you recommend a tree from lvl 90 onwards if the player doesn't have a Fenumu's body piece? At the moment, I'm headed towards the Jewel slot next to the Charisma notable, and converting all of that DEX to more INT. Is that a good idea?

If you wish to look further on my character and come with suggestions, her name is Gwendoline_Belleville in my roster.
Last edited by Dalaule on May 30, 2018, 11:33:15 AM
"
Ground effects of all types (such as chilled ground) have been updated. They should be clearer to see and better for performance.

3.3 patch notes. Man, I'm so excited for this, maybe I'll finally be able to comfortably play this build again, without dropping to single digit frames from time to time. It's definitely my favorite, and my overall first build I've ever played in PoE. :D
Last edited by Lirhtim on May 30, 2018, 12:22:39 PM
"
Dalaule wrote:
How would you recommend a tree from lvl 90 onwards if the player doesn't have a Fenumu's body piece? At the moment, I'm headed towards the Jewel slot next to the Charisma notable, and converting all of that DEX to more INT. Is that a good idea?

If you wish to look further on my character and come with suggestions, her name is Gwendoline_Belleville in my roster.

Tree options for the high leves are listed at the end of the Leveling Guide. I'm looking at the newly buffed Heart of Flame as a possible improvement too (PoB should get updated soon, then we'll see the numbers).
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 30, 2018, 12:47:35 PM
"
"
Ground effects of all types (such as chilled ground) have been updated. They should be clearer to see and better for performance.

3.3 patch notes. Man, I'm so excited for this, maybe I'll finally be able to comfortably play this build again, without dropping to single digit frames from time to time. It's definitely my favorite, and my overall first build I've ever played in PoE. :D

They said they optimized the performance of some unnamed skills, only listed Molten Strike. So there is still a chance that Icestorm got optimized too. I wouldn't hold my breath though. It's not a core game skill. They still haven't even made 3D art for WI, even though they made it for a whole lot of total junk uniques that have no reason for existing (lol @ Veil of the Night).
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 30, 2018, 12:37:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info