[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
pharaoh000 wrote:
Im trying to use animated guardian with this build now
any1 try or know 1-2 thing about it?
I just bought some item like bloodbond, soulbound, victario flight, ler cast and dying breath.
Walk in a t15 map to summon it and first pack kill it after 5-10s while I was looking at my inventory, LOL
the point is I didnt know if it viable or not since there is an invation boss cast flameblast, shock ground, poison mod on map.
my gem is 17/16%

Animated Guardian??? This is not a summoner build. AG is used only as a support for minions (equipping things like Leer Cast, etc). This build has nothing for minions.

Thing like leer cast and dying breath on AG will boost our damage a lot (5.5k to 7.5k on spell cascade, if I recall correctly) because the mod come from another source so I work like "MORE multiplier" (just like the way aspect of the spider with enemy damage taken)
Currently, I thinking about replacing flame golem with AG
problem is how to make it survive better with only 1 more support gem (minion life or minion res)(this may take AC spot in VS setup)
Also I dont know every unique in the game so looking for some thing to boost our defend is very hard. only 2 things come to my mind is Singlarity for hinder and the minion shield that can spread tar.
Last edited by pharaoh000 on May 23, 2018, 8:51:10 PM
Hey Kelvynn,

nice to see that you still find ways to make this build rock! I might consider returning to WI in 3.3 - after a year of playing a huge variety of life-based builds, I came to the conclusion that the WI playstyle is still my favorite.

One question though: has anyone considered a watcher's eye with "20-30% increased recovery rate of energy shield while affected by discipline"? Is it stronger or weaker than the flat ES on hit version? It would increase the leech cap from roughly 4.5k ES/s to roughly 7k ES/s.

And if we're talking super high-end gear: what about using the watchers eye with "1-1.5% of Damage leeched as Life while affected by Vitality"? if we replace arctic armour with vitality and use such a watcher's eye, this covers the life leech aspect and frees up a link. Adding fire pen or hypothermia would be at least 40% more damage. Yes, fucking expensive and hard to find even if we could afford it - but gaining 40% more damage for the low utility cost of sacrificing AA would be fuckin' huge on an otherwise maxed-out build/char.

Cheers and I love your guide, as always!
Last edited by Black_Gun on May 23, 2018, 10:13:21 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I should probably make a clear speed demo video of something T16, since this question keeps popping up.

Done! :)

New video: Clear Speed

+130% IIQ, +30% pack size, T16, Hexproof, Nemesis, Bloodlines, 0 mobs remaining. Is this fast enough? The answer is both 'Yes' and 'No' ;)

Added a part about clear speed to the Play Style section.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 23, 2018, 10:24:04 PM
new vid is nice
you should do another for t1 clear with the same speed
"
Black_Gun wrote:
Hey Kelvynn,

nice to see that you still find ways to make this build rock! I might consider returning to WI in 3.3 - after a year of playing a huge variety of life-based builds, I came to the conclusion that the WI playstyle is still my favorite.

One question though: has anyone considered a watcher's eye with "20-30% increased recovery rate of energy shield while affected by discipline"? Is it stronger or weaker than the flat ES on hit version? It would increase the leech cap from roughly 4.5k ES/s to roughly 7k ES/s.

And if we're talking super high-end gear: what about using the watchers eye with "1-1.5% of Damage leeched as Life while affected by Vitality"? if we replace arctic armour with vitality and use such a watcher's eye, this covers the life leech aspect and frees up a link. Adding fire pen or hypothermia would be at least 40% more damage. Yes, fucking expensive and hard to find even if we could afford it - but gaining 40% more damage for the low utility cost of sacrificing AA would be fuckin' huge on an otherwise maxed-out build/char.

Cheers and I love your guide, as always!

Hey, long time! I've been trying various meta builds, but every time it ends up either way too expensive to enjoy in a temp league or requiring too much skill to beat the endgame, so I get back to my cheap and reliable no-skill workhorse :)

ES recovery rate doesn't help anymore since the leech is hard capped at 40% per second, and that quote is filled very easily even with cheap gear. VP is effectively '100% increased recovery rate' already.

If you can afford a Watcher's Eye with ES gain on hit AND Vitality leech - sure thing, you can replace LL with FP for 40% MORE damage. You might need start dodging Shaper Slam and Uber Atziri flameblasts though, 13% mitigation against those things is no joke.

There are new super expensive options these days. Shaped amulets and chests, crafted Opal rings, 3-mod Watcher's Eyes, and in 3.3 the new 'uber corruption'. Sky is the limit! I'm just trying to stay in the 'everybody can do this' price range myself and avoid looking 'too Standard' :)
"
pharaoh000 wrote:
new vid is nice
you should do another for t1 clear with the same speed

T1 with this char would go about twice as fast because in T1 I wouldn't need to cast more than 1 Icestorm on any rares etc.

However, when you do T1 maps with this build - right after finishing the storyline, at lv 70-ish, with the league starter gear and lv 15-ish gems - the clear speed is about the same as in T16 with a fully developed char.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 23, 2018, 11:01:01 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Hey, long time! I've been trying various meta builds, but every time it ends up either way too expensive to enjoy in a temp league or requiring too much skill to beat the endgame, so I get back to my cheap and reliable no-skill workhorse :)

So true, fuck manually dodging stuff; facetanking is the way to go. :)

"
ES recovery rate doesn't help anymore since the leech is hard capped at 40% per second, and that quote is filled very easily even with cheap gear. VP is effectively '100% increased recovery rate' already.

Wrong. ES recovery rate is a more multiplier on any kind of gained-back ES, whether through leech, regen or recharge. It does not directly alter the leech cap, but the ES you leech back while at the leech cap gets increased by 30% with such a jewel. You are probably confused because there was a short time in 3.1 when the interaction between 'increased life/ES recovery rate' and vaal pact was bugged, but it has been fixed since:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2088858
"
Fixed a bug causing "increased Recovery Rate of Life and Energy Shield" to have no effect if Vaal Pact was allocated.

In other words: since they fixed this bug, it does work with vaal pact. See also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/87g7qq/does_soul_of_arakaali_increase_life_leech_cap/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7hoqsx/scion_slayer_trickster_new_king_of_leech/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/87g7qq/does_soul_of_arakaali_increase_life_leech_cap/dwcsns7/

------

tldr: "x% increased ES recovery" does increase our amount of leeched ES by x%, even when we're at the leech cap. A leech cap of 4k ES/s can turn into as much as 6k ES/s with "50% increased ES recovery rate" (30% from the watchers eye, 20% from a shaped crystal belt).

It could theoretically even be increased to 8k ES/s if we find a way to trigger the soul of arakaali pantheon, but the only way to do this that I know of is to run blood rage, which is really uncomfortable on an ES-based spellcaster. And it's probably not worth losing the soul of the brine king anyway.
Last edited by Black_Gun on May 24, 2018, 1:39:44 AM
Great i had finally decided to go blade vortex elementalist when i found one of your video on YT and now i'm intrigued and undecided.
I played a queen of the forest last season, culling strike piscator filled with abyss jewels and abyss armors and even though the clear speed is nuts you can't afford to go higher than t11 cause you have to be carefull of every mod and you sure as shit can't kill bosses.
So i rolled a life RF juggernaut, multiple EX worth, very tanky but the dps was HORRIBLE.
So this season i decided to go with a all round character without magic find and just focus onchallenges and completing the altas.
This looked like a good fit, what are the limits? Do i really have to level a witch for the leveling skills first?
Thanks!
"
Black_Gun wrote:
Wrong. ES recovery rate is a more multiplier on any kind of gained-back ES, whether through leech, regen or recharge. It does not directly alter the leech cap, but the ES you leech back while at the leech cap gets increased by 30% with such a jewel. You are probably confused because there was a short time in 3.1 when the interaction between 'increased life/ES recovery rate' and vaal pact was bugged, but it has been fixed since:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2088858
"
Fixed a bug causing "increased Recovery Rate of Life and Energy Shield" to have no effect if Vaal Pact was allocated.

In other words: since they fixed this bug, it does work with vaal pact. See also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/87g7qq/does_soul_of_arakaali_increase_life_leech_cap/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7hoqsx/scion_slayer_trickster_new_king_of_leech/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/87g7qq/does_soul_of_arakaali_increase_life_leech_cap/dwcsns7/

------

tldr: "x% increased ES recovery" does increase our amount of leeched ES by x%, even when we're at the leech cap. A leech cap of 4k ES/s can turn into as much as 6k ES/s with "50% increased ES recovery rate" (30% from the watchers eye, 20% from a shaped crystal belt).

It could theoretically even be increased to 8k ES/s if we find a way to trigger the soul of arakaali pantheon, but the only way to do this that I know of is to run blood rage, which is really uncomfortable on an ES-based spellcaster. And it's probably not worth losing the soul of the brine king anyway.

Wow, I didn't know that they made it work with VP and GR! Guess I missed that patch note.

If this mod really does work with ES leech now, then it's the best one for bosses. ES gain on hit is wonderful for mapping but it doesn't help much against a single target. A combination of these two mods would be just fantastic.

Still, I'd like to confirm that it really works. All those people on reddit were talking about life leech. And with GGG you never know. What would be the best way to observe the difference between 40% and 60% leech?
"
Nephitis wrote:
Do i really have to level a witch for the leveling skills first?

As it stands right now (in 3.2), it's the best option. Running a Witch straight to the Cavern takes something like 15 min? 30 min? It will save you more time before you reach lv 39, and even more if you still don't have the staff by then.

The caster skills available to the Scion suck for leveling, and using melee skills without any melee and Str nodes for them is even worse. Taking some melee and Str nodes and refunding them later is an option, I guess. But it doesn't seem to be worth the trouble.

However, in 3.3 things might change. At lv 12 Scion gets Incinerate which is getting reworked in 3.3. Now, if GGG also makes Fireball good - that would fix the leveling for the Scion. We'll see what they do in 3.3.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 24, 2018, 3:36:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info