[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
alexandro_108 wrote:
Hello! Did anyone tried this build in hp variant? With karui and using flasks it can potentially be more tanky...

It can probably work as a life build, but, I think you'll be losing a lot overall. The build scales purely from Int, which also boosts Energy Shield which is why it works so well. Also needing Life on gear would also make it much harder to gear up, especially since the Uniques we do use all have no Life on them.
"
Zephryl wrote:

Also needing Life on gear would also make it much harder to gear up, especially since the Uniques we do use all have no Life on them.

Well, not really. Good life roll isn't much harder than good ES roll, or probably even easier, cause ES need several affixes together.
And about uniques - what uniques are you talking about? Fenumus? It's only an option. Black Sun crest? It's also only an option, and doesn't grant ES aither. Astramentis? Same as black sun crest, and those stats grant not less life than ES. Only cyclopean coil left, and it is pretty goddamn good life, and no ES. And life build uses different chest (preferably kaom's heart, which is absurd life).
Lifebased build is still solid on that part.
Just a reminder, one patch before it was life based build, and nothing really changed except berserker-caster nerf, but it is not the only option.

But yeah, as you said, CI still much better in late game mostly because INT synergy and berserker-caster nerf, scion-elementalist buff... but not because "hard to gear/no life on uniques"
Life version of this build was good only in 3.0 where ES just got nerfed, VP was still instant leech but didn't work with ES. In that league I had 7k life with Kaom's Heart and good/expensive gear, at lv 100 (it was the Beachhead league). At a more realistic level, one could expect to be playing with 6k life, and that's still with Kaom's Heart and its price tag. Or maybe 7k life but lower damage.

VP was then nerfed to become non-instant, but also un-nerfed to work with ES again in 3.1. In that league I started as life based and even got Kaom's. But then switched to ES and never looked back. Without instant leech, 6k life is just too squishy for the endgame tanking. You can get 9k ES cheaper and easier than 6k life and be a lot safer with it.

This build's survivability is based on leeching 40% of your primary resource per second. And the more you have of it - the more you leech and the bigger damage spikes you can survive. 9k ES is a whole lot better than 6k life, naturally. No flasks can compare to leeching 3.5k ES per second while tanking endgame bosses.

And then there is the whole regen thing. With VP you can't regen life and have to either find something to leech from, or rely on flasks in places like the Lab. ES recharge is not affected by VP, you can always just stop and recharge.
May be viable at life with the new "Mask of the Stitched Demon"? Imagine having ~2000 int with this helmet (+1000 life)and Kaom chest(+500).

(Still i love my es scion)
---
Last edited by Kelemn on May 21, 2018, 10:56:44 PM
I like walking on high heel for man
look fancy but awkward
Lol
Here is my life RF version of the build if someone interested: https://pastebin.com/3aX6MFr8
(still working on passive tree)
Just a theory craft for 3.3 with new unique item "Mask of The Stitched Demon". The amount of life and life regen (with no invest to ES at all, just ES based rares) is crazy. Its probably will be my league starter :)
"
Kelemn wrote:
May be viable at life with the new "Mask of the Stitched Demon"? Imagine having ~2000 int with this helmet (+1000 life)and Kaom chest(+500).

(Still i love my es scion)

Yes, that new 3.3 unique sounds interesting for the Life version, it's better than Kaom's, so it should be possible to either use it instead of Kaom's (and get a good INT/ES chest), or use it with Kaom's and hit maybe 9k life. But that would still only bridge the gap between the 2 versions. Also remains to be seen how common is that new mask. And a lot of other things about the 3.3 league (such as possible balance changes).
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 22, 2018, 1:22:01 PM
"
Viva_Muerte wrote:
Here is my life RF version of the build if someone interested: https://pastebin.com/3aX6MFr8
(still working on passive tree)
Just a theory craft for 3.3 with new unique item "Mask of The Stitched Demon". The amount of life and life regen (with no invest to ES at all, just ES based rares) is crazy. Its probably will be my league starter :)

Thanks for sharing. The idea seems viable, although you went for too little Int and too much regen, and forgot to take any duration nodes. But after playing with it a bit in PoB I got it to 8.5k life + 2k regen and 1500+ Int with pretty decent damage, or 9.5k life with Kaom's Heart at lv 95.

Non-VP version can survive on the regular leech + regen just fine, and if you get some good ES/AR rares it'll have very decent phys mitigation too.

The weak points are reduced/no-regen maps and chaos damage. And the availability of that helmet is unknown at this time. Without it the whole thing won't be good.

A new possible option for 3.3 anyway.

P.S. oh and the whole RF part... I hope you aren't serious about that, and it's just a leftover from some other build. I dropped it completely of course.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 22, 2018, 1:36:49 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

P.S. oh and the whole RF part... I hope you aren't serious about that, and it's just a leftover from some other build. I dropped it completely of course.

Why not? If we can sustain RF with this new helmet, why should i drop it? Thats some nice damage boost to Icestorm and also combined well with SR.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
The idea seems viable, although you went for too little Int and too much regen, and forgot to take any duration nodes.

You are not taking duration nodes either (which is a huge mistake), it's a bit strange to underline that.
Last edited by Keyen on May 22, 2018, 2:51:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info