[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Hi at all

have now only gm and vaal map left on my atlas. gm i dont like it crashs to often in the past but vaal map i never did. but i need it for the red map challenge.

it is doable with this build. I did all but uber elder and uber atziri and it go verry smooth.

only yesterday i tried phoenix with -12 max res and more boss dmg and failed hard. He oneshotted me all time also if i run areound or try to doge all big hits i had no chance.

i did him after that with ele weak and more lightnign dmg and did it deathless. So -12 res seems to be a no go.

I found no boss guide for vaal map from kel so i ask here. Is this map doable and what should i looking for to survive it.

thanks in advance.

Most of the damage in Vaal Temple is Physical with some reflected Fire damage from the Fire Dual Strike boss when he is enraged (we are not affected by elemental reflect anymore so that's not a problem for us). You should kill first the A'alai boss (titties bitch) , she is most dangerous after that the Fire Dual Strike guy and last the Cyclone guy.

Bring some Basalt + Granite flasks together with a Sulphur Flask of Staunching for the last boss (the Cyclone one).

My strategy is to cast for 6-7 seconds after entering some Icestorms as close to center of the room as possible without aggroing any boss (A'alai is close to the middle of the room but the room is small so don't make too much steps ahead) then pop Orb of Storms , pop all my flasks and Flame Dash "Rambo" style to the middle of the room and try to kill as fast as possible the titties bitch (A'alai).
Last edited by lilianmarius on Apr 25, 2018, 10:02:49 AM
Thanks a lot for the detailed answer. will buy a vaal map and try it now :-)
After killing shaper the first time (in fourthst try) deathless.
"
Savitr wrote:
Hey Kelvynn,

Thanks for creating this build and the build guide. I am currently level 89 in Bestiary doing the Fenumus setup. I'm casually playing but I wanted to see if you can take a look at my current setup and see if there is any recommendations for improvements you might have. Some of my gems need to be leveled as I qualitied them to 20% fairly recently and am still leveling them up. Also I am not yet using the Vigilant Strike with Ancestral Call for the Fortify Buff because I found it awkward to use at first, I will try and implement that though. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks again for the build guide and the contribution to the PoE community.

Savitr

What Scarletsword and Zephryl said. Plus you seem to be missing 2 or 3 skill points somewhere. Check your quests.
"
Scarletsword wrote:
Vaal Temple has the Atziri Trio as a map boss. It's a 83 zone with maps mods which makes it about as hard as the Uber Atziri Trio. Certain map mods can make the fight harder/easier obviously.

Nah, VT is much easier than Uber Trio, even with bad mods. I do twin boss nasty mod VT in almost every league just for fun. Double damage in Alluring Abyss is harder than any mods.

"
mqecco wrote:
Accidently linked 6l fenumus and I am curious about it. What gem should I insert for cwdt-ball-curse setup? Culling strike or maybe some second curse and take Whispers of Doom?

My choice would be GMP. Although Culling Strike is a good idea too.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 25, 2018, 4:53:47 PM
Anyone has experience in leveling this build in SSF? I leveled one last league and had some issues.

It isn't my first char in SSF, so I already had Whispering Ice, but I didn't have one dropped during leveling. Do you farm The Western Forest or just have it dropped?

I also don't have Astramentis. I farmed the card a little bit and after some runs without any drop, I just decided to stay with a rare amulet.

Another issue is in Elder influenced map with null portal. I find that without Watcher's eyes, it is easy to die if the portal spawns Tentacle Miscreation (especially when the map has two more projectiles mod). It doesn't help when the damage is cold and can't be mitigated by IC. Do you farm the eyes?

And rare items with high int + ES is kind of hard to find without trading. And I'm somewhat hesitant to use Jeweller's Orb to roll off color on these no-so-good rares. Do you craft your own? Any tips? I do have some ilv 86 bases.

The rare items from the last league

Thanks everyone for the advice. I wasn't too worried about the flask setup, I had that life flask sitting in there since prior to me taking CI. I mainly use the Quicksilver flasks so that I can move around faster Flame Dash isn't the fastest move skill. I will look for some defensive flasks though.

I will also take your advice and look into getting better rings. I tried to find rings that would give me enough resists. I had a hard time finding opal rings or moonstone rings that had high resists for under 20 chaos each or so. I think I probably paid like 15-20 chaos(overpaid) for the rings I currently have that aren't that great.

I will also look into the possible missing skill points and upgrading that cyclopean coil.

Thanks again for all the advice.

I just checked my quests and all quests had already been completed and all rewards claimed. When I check "/passives" in the PoE chat window it shows that I have a total of 117 skill points allocated which seems like it should be correct for my level at 89. So hopefully I'm not missing something.
Last edited by Savitr on Apr 26, 2018, 3:12:42 AM
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
Nope. I haven't went yet CI. :|
nearly 2k hp / 700 ES at. 6L armor. 6s WI. The gems is not yet all 20/20, but working on it..
But if i am doing something wrong I will try to get at least to lvl 80, and post back the results..

Just want to say that hybrid life/es have bad compability with leech. I mean, even if your effective life is at 2.7k ehp, your max leech still based on 2k life.

It would be much faster to just open your character to public, and your problem would be obvious right away.

P.S. Also, why do you even need 6L armor? It's such a waste for that build. Better to sell it and upgrade other pieces of equipment.
Hey man, got a budget of 800c and 2ex. I really can't decide whenever to go with your build or life RF. By the looks of it, your build seems to be more tanky. My question is can i make your build work with this much currency?
First of all thanks for the guide, Im really enjoying the build so far.

I was wondering what are your thought on taking Elemental Focus for 1 point instead of getting the two int nodes above it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info