[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

This build looks very interesting. But I have 1 question:

Why do we use herald of ash? wouldn't herald of ice do more damage?

If I calculated correctly, herald of ice adds 65.5 avg cold damage to spells (with ascendancy buff). That would be the equivalent to around 300 int. Or about a 17% more multiplier (which is more then herald of ash provides).

Or just use both and drop arctic armor?
because we dont deal anything but fire damage.
"
pharaoh000 wrote:

We still have 100% conversion from ice damage, so we can use herald of ice all the same.

"
SeeD_MR wrote:

If I calculated correctly, herald of ice adds 65.5 avg cold damage to spells (with ascendancy buff). That would be the equivalent to around 300 int. Or about a 17% more multiplier (which is more then herald of ash provides).

I don't want to count myself, but PoB definitely think otherwise. So it's either some mechanics, that you didn't count, or PoB count damage incorrectly
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
pharaoh000 wrote:

We still have 100% conversion from ice damage, so we can use herald of ice all the same.

"
SeeD_MR wrote:

I don't want to count myself, but PoB definitely think otherwise. So it's either some mechanics, that you didn't count, or PoB count damage incorrectly

Damage Effectiveness (Icestorm): Damage from secondary sources like 'added damage' supports or heralds applies at only 30% of their listed value. Herald of Ash grants % more spell damage. That's it.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Icestorm

Last edited by Windgaming on Apr 19, 2018, 12:59:40 PM
According to PoB, if I replace HoA with HoI (same level/quality), my effective DPS against uberbosses drops by 12%. HoI just doesn't add enough flat damage to compete with a MORE multiplier. And its clearspeed part doesn't work either since we don't do any cold damage.
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
pharaoh000 wrote:

"
SeeD_MR wrote:

Damage Effectiveness (Icestorm): Damage from secondary sources like 'added damage' supports or heralds applies at only 30% of their listed value. Herald of Ash grants % more spell damage. That's it.

Thanks for info. I knew that ash is better, but didn't quite knew why herald of ice didn't add enough damage. It was very informative.
Just spent all my savings (55 exalts) this league for this beauty :

My ES skyrocketed to 12.9K Energy Shield from 10.8K , and it has also perfect roll for ES gain on hit :)

Do you think i made a good deal for this price or i just vanished all my savings for almost nothing worthy?
Last edited by lilianmarius on Apr 19, 2018, 4:29:27 PM
Considering the drop rate and the stupid low odds of getting both the mods on one... Yeah, probably a decent pickup at that price. I wanted one too, but, I can't fit in Clarity at any level with the Fen setup (Not that I can even afford it).

The max Discipline roll is nice, but, since you can divine them without worrying about changing the mod types it's not super valuable on its own.
if 18% mana gain is max then it perfect,
I would aim for perfect 2nd mod not the es gain on hit
Also good price imo.

and I think we can get clarity by corrupt the belt, or consider of dropping ascentral call.
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
pharaoh000 wrote:

"
SeeD_MR wrote:

I knew PoB puts Herald of Ash above Ice, but I didn't understand why till now. (since the added damage is more then the buff from Ash)
But the effectiveness of added sources being cut to 30% explains it. Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info