[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
adambog wrote:
"
boumz wrote:
hey kelv, where do you get your leech from? I can't see what gives you the 2% leech you are talking about.

come on man, don't be that guy, its right in first post, life leech gem in WI staff

sorry i guess i skipped that, was expecting some fancy way to get the ll, thank you for your quick answer.
Can this build work with just a straight Elementalist?
yes, it can. You will lose some ES, will get a lot more damage for that. Also, it's a bt harder to path, and you will get your 11th socket only at lvl97, which is not an option for most people.

you can look at my Whisper_in_night for reference, or at Kelvinn's std elementalist, they are kinda same (I took + res and str node at the start of the scion are to turn on ingnite immunity and to get some res that I needed)
Last edited by sufferot on Mar 19, 2018, 4:46:45 PM
Just killed the Shaper with this nice build at level 94 ! For me its fastest kill of Shaper with this build in leagues (i played it in 4 leagues so far). It seems that Scion with his Ascendancies is stronger than Berserker with Life/CI or older Elementalist overall .

Got crappy boots from this first Shaper :

Previously i killed also with no problems Tier 15 Elder (was extremely lucky and got from him OP Watcher's Eye jewel with % ES increase from Maximum Mana , sold it for 17 Exalts and bought for myself 1x Emperor's Mastery , 1x Emperor's Wit and 1x Watcher's Eye wit ES gain on hit) and still remain with some Exalts for beer :)

Next only Uber Atziri remains to be tried once i'll get some fragments (will be probably easier since reflect not anymore a problem) but i don't think i will be capable of killing Uber Elder though , my reactions and my PC are way too slow.

My gear from Bestiary :

Regarding challenges in this league it will be a lot harder to reach 36 at least than in previous leagues in my opinion. That 1500 maps that need to be farmed seems out of this world for someone who is working and is playing only few hours a day :(
Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 20, 2018, 4:41:15 AM
Is there a reason the build skill tree doesn't recommend Faith & Steel and Nullification? For 4 points, you get +30% to energy shield and +16% to all resists (plus other stuff.) That's clearly better than spending points on getting 6% ES per point.

I know there's a comment somewhere where someone mentions the two above "if you're having trouble getting enough resists." I'm saying, these appear to be good, regardless.
"
Graiaule wrote:
Is there a reason the build skill tree doesn't recommend Faith & Steel and Nullification? For 4 points, you get +30% to energy shield and +16% to all resists (plus other stuff.) That's clearly better than spending points on getting 6% ES per point.

I know there's a comment somewhere where someone mentions the two above "if you're having trouble getting enough resists." I'm saying, these appear to be good, regardless.

The way INT scales everything useful for this build makes pathing through INT nodes to get more sockets (and tangentially more ES nodes) far more optimal than it may appear.

Sure, F&S and Nullification can be damned handy when your budget is tight or you haven't assembled your full gear setup/socket layout yet, but the currency WILL flow, the sockets WILL colour your way, and you WILL want to refund those points once you can afford top-tier jewels and better resist gear.
"
Graiaule wrote:

We don't take any 6% ES nodes just for that 6%. They are always on the way to better things that give more (including the pathing costs). There is one 8% ES node taken, and it's still better than 7.5% you get per node for Nullification or F&S. The only reason to take those things would be to max resists. But rings make it very easy already. When your resists are already maxed, it's much better to go for Int.
"
Catemonster wrote:
Can this build work with just a straight Elementalist?

Ice_Legacy in my profile. No, it does not do more DPS than the Scion with the same gear. It does slightly less actual DPS (very close) and has significantly less ES. The only reason to pick that class would be if you already have it leveled.

"
sufferot wrote:
yes, it can. You will lose some ES, will get a lot more damage for that. Also, it's a bt harder to path, and you will get your 11th socket only at lvl97, which is not an option for most people.

Standard char having more DPS than a league char doesn't count. ;) If you put the same gear on a Scion of the same level, it will do more DPS. We discussed all that before the launch of 3.2 and I tested both classes in Standard. That's why I picked Scion - it had slightly better DPS and a lot better ES.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 19, 2018, 11:49:10 PM
Cool, thank you for the reply! I will be giving it a shot. :)
"
Kelvynn wrote:

We don't take any 6% ES nodes just for that 6%. They are always on the way to better things that give more (including the pathing costs). There is one 8% ES node taken, and it's still better than 7.5% you get per node for Nullification or F&S. The only reason to take those things would be to max resists. But rings make it very easy already. When your resists are already maxed, it's much better to go for Int.

I already took both 8% ES nodes, of course. I was finding it easier to take Faith/Nullification as it takes only 2 points to get them, and I am getting 7.5% ES per point (and not having any luck getting gear upgrades.) Maybe it's worth mentioning that option in one sentence somewhere in the guide...

My question has been answered; thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info