[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Med1umentor wrote:

Already having a blast with elementalist :D Second time shaper - deathless. LL gem is mandatory for any meaningfull boss - base 0.5 leech is not even close to what you need to just stand there and keep casting.

I feel like elementalist overall deal more damage and leeches more because of that. My friend has a Scion with this build, with my gear (posted on previous page) he has around 11.3k ES, but he lost around 1k in tooltip damage AND losing the pen. Also, when my buff is up for damage - my tooltip is higher than his by 2k or so. Also, elementalist feels a bit better IMO, while transitioning to VP is harsh.
"
Med1umentor wrote:

Try elementalist, can be another good thread of build. Kelvynn can't do all by himself :)

What do you mean by "try"? I play almost nothing but Elementalist with the occasional ED Occultist, Skellymancer and Stormcall Inquisitor.

It would be pointless to make a guide out of it since my Elementalist is over 4 1/2 years old. I leveled her originally as a GMP Arctic Breath Witch doing Piety and Wharf runs until I burned out around level 80 and did not touch the game for a long time.

I came back around the time when the Ascendancy introduction hit and I played her as WI ever since with a variety of builds around that.

Edit: What I was getting is that I have no idea how to level it purely as a WI build, or rather from level 33 as WI onward.

Edit 2:
"
Med1umentor wrote:

P.S. Where am i ever said that elementalist is unplayable? I'm pretty sure i never said such bullshit, so don't throw me that. You just asked "isn't elementalist are better option"...

I never asked you if Elementalist is the better option that was another poster and also there is no need to get upset since I did not attacked or accused you of something in any way. All I did was pointing out that the Elementalist has a few nice perks the Scion does not have but they are so close that you cannot go wrong with either.
Last edited by Sykar on Mar 14, 2018, 2:12:33 AM
"
sufferot wrote:
Jewels are mostly ferwerted mind, 2 43% Izaro's, Emperors Mastery (worth noting that it gives much more with elementalist than Pure Talent). Is there anything else that I can improve?

Fevered Mind? But that's only 30% inc dmg max! You can definitely find much better rares or Izaro's for like 1c each.

"
Hey would u recommend this build to a new player? I often find myself struggling with life builds when i start mapping(no way of mitigating phys damage or generally between 3-4k life gets me one shotted). My budged is around 180 chaos + i have 1 exalted orb

I don't know. A lot depends on what kind of a play style you prefer. New players come in all shapes and sizes and skill levels.

But you can definitely try. This is a low bugdet build, you can start mapping (white and yellow tiers) with items worth 1-10c each. If you like it then you can buy better items. It scales really well with a moderate investment.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 14, 2018, 5:40:50 AM
New video: Farrul the Tiger

I finally caught an uber pokemon! :) Worked my way to 140/157 maps on the Atlas and leveled to lv 92 in the process without finding ANY of these 4 things that open the portals to the Spirit beasts, and I always clear my maps. They seem to be retarded rare.

Anyway, this is my first encounter with it. I didn't expect much, was just learning the encounter. It was super easy, except that the boss completely missing the 1st Stampede (because he was blind) fooled me into thinking that I could ignore it. Almost got me with the 2nd one! He disappears during it, can't leech to repair the damage when it doesn't miss. Need to move out of the stampede. Other than that, it's a cakewalk for this build.

Apparently this stuff is really hot. Or maybe there are just too few of them on the market right now.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 14, 2018, 6:03:04 AM
By the way the most important reason why Elementalist > Scion is because the Witch's channel animation looks way cooler! :P

"
Kelvynn wrote:

You almost died there once because you got cocky eh? ;)
But seriously nice vid.
Last edited by Sykar on Mar 14, 2018, 6:20:39 AM
I have one question , maybe someone from this thread knows the answer : How can you complete the challenge where you need to kill Litanius, boss from Relic Chambers map while both him and you are cursed?
I tried last night i think for 8-10 times without getting it. I curse him manually with Enfeeble which should probably last ~ 16 seconds at level 20 gem and before finishing him i try to stay in one of his curse auras so i can get cursed (which i do) but still it seems it doesn't working

Any help? Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you!
Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 14, 2018, 6:28:53 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Fevered Mind? But that's only 30% inc dmg max! You can definitely find much better rares or Izaro's for like 1c each.

I typoed, most of my jewels are fertile mind. Sometimes I hate how they translate names of things :D
Loving this build so far! Currently 89 in BSC with it. Stuck at T9-10 but only from terrible map/currency drops (the maps themselves are a joke).

As a note for people starting the build or starting mapping, there are a bunch of cheap uniques that're great options for this.

Doedre's Tenure - reduced cast speed does nothing to us so this is easily used from level 12 until white maps

Sin Trek - a well rolled pair gives 180-190 base ES, 25-30 INT, 30% move speed, with a free 400-500 evasion. Amazing choice if your resists are covered by your other gear. Comparable rares seem to be 40+c minimum.

Memory Vault - similar to Sin Trek, this gives great (240-250) ES for a 1-2c cost, as well as 2K+ armor which seems to be a big defense(0% to 24% phys reduction for me) increase? also makes running a RRRB gem setup incredibly easy. The only downside is that running Purity of Elements is no longer possible if you need that to handle Elemental Weakness maps.

On another note, I found the 120% Increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently enchant from Uber Lab to be pretty helpful for the build. Running that along with a Diamond Flask makes Icestorm keep up Elemental Overload on its own while rushing through maps.
"
Sykar wrote:
By the way the most important reason why Elementalist > Scion is because the Witch's channel animation looks way cooler! :P

"
Kelvynn wrote:

But seriously nice vid.

And the way the witch holds a staff while standing is cooler. I hate how the Scion always holds it sideways
"
Sykar wrote:
But seriously nice vid.

Right. I didn't know the mechanics, and the 1st Stampede did no damage, so I thought it was irrelevant. But the 2nd time he didn't miss it and almost got me :)

I also forgot to switch back from the trash clearing staff (with SC) to the single target one for the final phase because getting teleported back into the room caught me by surprise. He'd have died in 5 sec with the high dps staff. But he doesn't have a lot of hp anyway.

The only thing I didn't learn is when to capture him. Probably at 10%, the cull range.

"
lilianmarius wrote:
I have one question , maybe someone from this thread knows the answer : How can you complete the challenge where you need to kill Litanius, boss from Relic Chambers map while both him and you are cursed?
I tried last night i think for 8-10 times without getting it. I curse him manually with Enfeeble which should probably last ~ 16 seconds at level 20 gem and before finishing him i try to stay in one of his curse auras so i can get cursed (which i do) but still it seems it doesn't working

Any help? Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you!

I failed it the first time because I carry a Warding flask and hit it any time I see any of the +dmg curses on me without much thinking. So then I remembered to stand in his circles and not use the flask.

Don't curse Litanius manually. He has a mechanic where he consumes your curses and shoots out a black nova in retaliation, or something like that. You'd need to re-apply your curse every time he does it, and you may kill him before you do. Just tank him with CWDT curse link and it will re-curse him automatically when he shoots his nova.

"
ASTRODONGS wrote:
On another note, I found the 120% Increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently enchant from Uber Lab to be pretty helpful for the build. Running that along with a Diamond Flask makes Icestorm keep up Elemental Overload on its own while rushing through maps.

Eek! That's a waste of a flask slot, and you are missing out on much more useful enchants. Orb of Storms already procs EO all the time (and triggers AS). You don't need anything else.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 14, 2018, 1:24:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info