[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Is this item worth rolling an annulment on for ES or should I just start over?

Would whispering ice on occultist be good?
Any guidance to the Bestiary boss fight :-) ?
Thanks for this build @OP , enjoying it so far , gameplay and all , really like it.

Currently playing it in hardcore , changed a few skill tree points and some gem setup to boost my survivability ( dps is way way more than enough with some basic stuff/uniques anyway ) but working just great , level 87 so far. Will sure post later what kills me ;)
IGN : BrocoliParty
"
MarkyxMarkxx wrote:

"Adds 11 to 29 cold damage against chilled or frozen enemies". As far as I remember you use Elemental Focus gem in your setup for WI so it will be hard for you to proc chill or freeze on enemies :|
"
Xenhil wrote:
"
MarkyxMarkxx wrote:

"Adds 11 to 29 cold damage against chilled or frozen enemies". As far as I remember you use Elemental Focus gem in your setup for WI so it will be hard for you to proc chill or freeze on enemies :|

It said just "against chilled enemies", it doesn't need to be chilled by specifically you/your attack/your spell. Enemies always chilled with this build, cause they always on chilled ground made by icestorm.

Still, i don't think that you can do anything with annulement on this thing. I'm not master craftsman, but pretty sure that 2-3 usefull things isn't really great thing to try to craft.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Mar 13, 2018, 12:27:42 PM
Well, I probably hit my roof with this build. I'm touching 10k ES (will get over it if I will enchance these boots) and my tooltip points that I have 10.6k average hit without any buffs.
Spoiler

I cleared all the content, multiple times, still have problems with phoenix sometimes and with hydra with some nasty mods. Did elder once, dumped all portals, but got him. My items are these:
Spoiler

Jewels are mostly ferwerted mind, 2 43% Izaro's, Emperors Mastery (worth noting that it gives much more with elementalist than Pure Talent). Is there anything else that I can improve?
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Recil wrote:
Hey,
Just wondering with the new witch elementalist skill Paragon of Calamity with 0,5% ele leech AND Mastermind of discord that gives you +25% fire pen while having herald of ash. Isn't that just a better option or am I missing something? This way you dont need to use life leech gem....or at least Id think that 0,5% is enough leech with end game gear.

1) 0.5% isn't enough, still need gem
2) scion have better bonuses from herald of ash
3) scion have "enemies around you take 10% increased elemental damage" (equivalent of "10% MORE elemental damage")
4) scion can actually use "pure talent" jewel
5) and probably most important, scion have really big chunk of additional base int

Generally, scion slightly outweight elementalist.

1.) It is usually enough for trash and in general you leech 25% more which is noticable imho
2.) The 15% increased damage purely on Herald (25% vs 40%) is inconsequential and barely noticable
3.) I wonder what the range of it is
4.) It is not that hard to activate it on Witch either
5.) 80 points extra int sure is a good deal

Elementalist upsides:
Golems are immune to all elemental damage -> big survival boost, not forced to use golems with Cwdt
Golems give extra damage, two give 40% increased damage. That is certainly a bigger boost than the tiny 15% extra only for Herald.
75% extra damage and AoE with 50% uptime -> 37.5% increased damage on average. Same for AoE.
40% increased damage after taking an elemental hit, nice for example against Aziri. Also take 8% reduced damage from elements. Nothing major but noticeable, synergizes nicely with AA.

I would rate the Scion a little higher than an Elementalist but not by a big margin. It boils down mainly to 80 extra int and 3 extra skill points which for the most part give a nice ES boost but nothing so big that Elementalist is unplayable.

"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Giordano wrote:
hi there.
I rly rly like concept of this build, but i am trying to do it a bit different way
Can u take a look?
Thats an Occultist with tripple curse (might change for other curses?)
Its possible to pick up a 'warlord mark' for endurs and LL and use controlled destruction instead LLgem.
-A bit more ES but less int
-no VP but sweet ES-regen nodes in occultist tree.

pob:
https://pastebin.com/FjS4mZvH

You better forget about using warlord mark instead of LL gem. There are reason why it's not used in all other iteration of the build too (and it's not because occ's curse is slightly better). It's because the things that need lifeleech the most (end game bosses/shaper/guardians/etc), have 80 less potency of curses, that just immediately will make you into corpse.

Replacing life leech with a Fire Penetration gives a big damage boost though which can (partially) compensate for the loss of ll. Also there are ways to increase curse effectiveness to counteract it to some degree.
Last edited by Sykar on Mar 13, 2018, 4:17:35 PM
"
Sykar wrote:
Spoiler
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Recil wrote:
Hey,
Just wondering with the new witch elementalist skill Paragon of Calamity with 0,5% ele leech AND Mastermind of discord that gives you +25% fire pen while having herald of ash. Isn't that just a better option or am I missing something? This way you dont need to use life leech gem....or at least Id think that 0,5% is enough leech with end game gear.

1) 0.5% isn't enough, still need gem
2) scion have better bonuses from herald of ash
3) scion have "enemies around you take 10% increased elemental damage" (equivalent of "10% MORE elemental damage")
4) scion can actually use "pure talent" jewel
5) and probably most important, scion have really big chunk of additional base int

Generally, scion slightly outweight elementalist.

1.) It is usually enough for trash and in general you leech 25% more which is noticable imho
2.) The 15% increased damage purely on Herald (25% vs 40%) is inconsequential and barely noticable
3.) I wonder what the range of it is
4.) It is not that hard to activate it on Witch either
5.) 80 points extra int sure is a good deal

Elementalist upsides:
Golems are immune to all elemental damage -> big survival boost, not forced to use golems with Cwdt
Golems give extra damage, two give 40% increased damage. That is certainly a bigger boost than the tiny 15% extra only for Herald.
75% extra damage and AoE with 50% uptime -> 37.5% increased damage on average. Same for AoE.
40% increased damage after taking an elemental hit, nice for example against Aziri. Also take 8% reduced damage from elements. Nothing major but noticeable, synergizes nicely with AA.

I would rate the Scion a little higher than an Elementalist but not by a big margin. It boils down mainly to 80 extra int and 3 extra skill points which for the most part give a nice ES boost but nothing so big that Elementalist is unplayable.

"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Giordano wrote:
hi there.
I rly rly like concept of this build, but i am trying to do it a bit different way
Can u take a look?
Thats an Occultist with tripple curse (might change for other curses?)
Its possible to pick up a 'warlord mark' for endurs and LL and use controlled destruction instead LLgem.
-A bit more ES but less int
-no VP but sweet ES-regen nodes in occultist tree.

pob:
https://pastebin.com/FjS4mZvH

You better forget about using warlord mark instead of LL gem. There are reason why it's not used in all other iteration of the build too (and it's not because occ's curse is slightly better). It's because the things that need lifeleech the most (end game bosses/shaper/guardians/etc), have 80 less potency of curses, that just immediately will make you into corpse.

Replacing life leech with a Fire Penetration gives a big damage boost though which can (partially) compensate for the loss of ll. Also there are ways to increase curse effectiveness to counteract it to some degree.

Ok, look, i'm not actually playing this build, i'm actually can't even playing poe now (videocard burned, i'm sad), i'm just frequenter in this thread and answer the questions that was already answered numerous times.
And yeah, against trash you can have 0.5%. Against trash you mostly don't even need leech at all. But the thing is - this build not about "against trash", but about tanking all content, so better forget about "0.5% is enough", kelvynn tested it, and said that it was extremelly uncomfortable.

And yeah, warlord mark efficiency make your leech about the same as those 0.5%, even worse than that, so answer to that is the same. Curse effectiveness isn't really counteracting it. Efficiency is additive modificator, but bosses penality are multiplicative. So even if you have 50% curse efficiency, shaper will turn your 150% curse into flimsy 25% (instead of 20% without modificators).

AOE is actually only pain in the ass in that build, and i think you know why, so will not elaborate.

Also, i said in my previous message "Generally, scion slightly outweight elementalist", not by big margin, but definitely better. If you agree with that, then why argue? I thought that you trying to forсe the opinion that elementalist strictly better.

You can do elementalist for sure, but probably still would need ll gem.
Get rid of life leech gem in elementalist will lower your leech by 5 times, and adding fire penetration - will boost it by only about 30%. It's not even close to "close the gap". Probably will do if you have mirrored legacy gear on standard, but on new league - probably not.

P.S. Where am i ever said that elementalist is unplayable? I'm pretty sure i never said such bullshit, so don't throw me that. You just asked "isn't elementalist are better option", i answered "no, because... and that's why scion slightly better than elementalist". Never meant it more than that.

For all i know, elementalist can be very well be better if made right. But definitely not because "you can get rid of ll gem".

Also, scion have much smoother access to vaal pact :)

Try elementalist, can be another good thread of build. Kelvynn can't do all by himself :)
Last edited by Med1umentor on Mar 13, 2018, 6:27:14 PM
Hey would u recommend this build to a new player? I often find myself struggling with life builds when i start mapping(no way of mitigating phys damage or generally between 3-4k life gets me one shotted). My budged is around 180 chaos + i have 1 exalted orb

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info