[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

gz to 40 at kel

As every leage i cant understand how fast you are :-)

need now to kill uber elder and want try it since your video looks verry complicated and i dont have the time to try it 5 or 6 times to get it perhaps.

so i will buy it. All works really good this leage exept the temple rooms (need 4 more) and the fucking embezzler. Have 4 rooms at stage 3 with ghosts and did over 40 maps with the zana mod and not ONE embezzler.

since i dont like to buy challenges as it s a bit sheeting for me, i try to only buy the uber elder challenge.

we will see how many challenges it will be this league.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Jul 16, 2018, 8:06:46 AM
"
gz to 40 at kel

As every leage i cant understand how fast you are :-)

need now to kill uber elder and want try it since your video looks verry complicated and i dont have the time to try it 5 or 6 times to get it perhaps.

so i will buy it. All works really good this leage exept the temple rooms (need 4 more) and the fucking embezzler. Have 4 rooms at stage 3 with ghosts and did over 40 maps with the zana mod and not ONE embezzler.

since i dont like to buy challenges as it s a bit sheeting for me, i try to only buy the uber elder challenge.

we will see how many challenges it will be this league.

Thanks! :)

And I'm not fast at all. The actual FAST people constantly sit in global 820 and make rotations, or have guilds helping them, or, the worst of them, just buy most of the challenges in trade 820. I do everything on my own and rarely go to global 820.

This is a clear speed league, so I started to play an alt character (clear speed) earlier than I usually do, to help me with some of the grinds (blowing thru easy maps for the influence and incursions). But the endgame stuff was easier than ever with this build. I did 20 Uber Elder kills in 3 weeks without much effort.

Uber Elder is a complicated fight, and I don't know anybody who hasn't blown several sets before their first kill. It takes practice. Just like Shaper did back when he was new, but harder. But after you do it 10+ times it becomes much easier, you just get used to it.

Embezzler ghost? That's just one of the rare things like the corrupted essences. I don't remember where I found it, but now there is also an Incursion room for that, so it should be easier to find.

Incursion/Temple room challenges are not hard at all. Just do a lot of easy incursions. You don't need to do them in red tier maps. I did mine in Blood Aqueducts, but people have discovered an even easier place to find Alva since then: Act 9 Quarry, she always spawns close to the waypoint there. You can get all possible rooms while working on the corruption/gemcutter stuff. I was working on my lv 21 gems and corrupted belt/amulets, and all that challenge stuff just happened along the way.

Feel free to ask any questions about the challenges.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 16, 2018, 5:37:51 PM
thanks a lot for answering.
I will try alwa in act 9.

Can you carry uber elder ? Or is that to hard with that build.

Last leage there where builds that shredder him in under 3 min. I was really surpriced.
"
thanks a lot for answering.
I will try alwa in act 9.

Can you carry uber elder ? Or is that to hard with that build.

Last leage there where builds that shredder him in under 3 min. I was really surpriced.

I've carried a few people, no problem. PM me the time you are online.

The fastest UE kills you can see in the videos are done with super expensive gear and/or in Standard. 3 min is basically as fast as you can blow through the timed animations and fixed portal phases. My kills take 4-5 min, not a big difference.

Just got this corruption
Should be pretty damn good for this build, right?
"
Haradon wrote:

Just got this corruption
Should be pretty damn good for this build, right?

That's a nice helmet for trash clearing or non-endgame mapping. If you can max your resists without this slot.

It's an interesting idea...

Wiki missed this vaal mod, it says it can't happen on amulets, but it can:

And it can happen on rings too. So technically, if you get it on 4 slots (or maybe even just 3), you can simply replace LL with FP or CD.
I don't really get a lot of the mechanics in the game. I have 1% leech, and PoB says I'm on ~1350 leech/gain per hit with spell cascade staff. I'm on 10500 ES. I can get 20% of that per second right? I'd only need two hits per second, which is going to happen even on bosses. In that case, it seems fairly safe to have even 0.5%.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 17, 2018, 4:45:05 PM
"
NoImagination wrote:
I don't really get a lot of the mechanics in the game. I have 1% leech, and PoB says I'm on ~1350 leech/gain per hit with spell cascade staff. I'm on 10500 ES. I can get 20% of that per second right? I'd only need two hits per second, which is going to happen even on bosses. In that case, it seems fairly safe to have even 0.5%.

Leech

Actually, I haven't done the math in quite a while and have been going with just my personal experience in judging how much leech I need. It's a good time to check the numbers.

Every time an Icestorm shard damages an enemy, a new leech instance is created. Each leech instance can give you up to 2% of your max ES per second as BASE leech which is then increased by 100% by Vaal Pact, and by another 48% if you use the Life Leech gem. But let's disregard LL because we want to know when it's OK to drop it. Therefore, each Icestorm hit will leech 4% of your max ES per second IF you do enough damage.

Then there is the CAP. Normally you are allowed to leech 20% of your max ES/sec as a combined sum of all leech instances. With VP it's 40%/sec, but VP also doubles your leech amount, so you still need to do enough DPS to leech 20% of your max ES.

How much damage do you need to do? Your total DPS * %leech should be no less than 20% of your max ES. If you have 10500 ES and you leech 1% of your damage, you need to do 210,000 DPS to max your leech.

The problem is that Icestorm DPS is very unstable. It starts very low and ramps up the longer you channel on a stationary target. Not all shards hit either, it depends on the size of the target. And if the target moves then you need to start over.

Still, I think 210k DPS should be pretty easy to achieve. When I pre-cast Icestorms on the Shaper while he is talking, he loses half of his 20 mil life in 4 sec (with Combustion and VRF). That's 2.5 mil DPS. It takes about 6 sec to ramp up, but 210k DPS should take about 0.5 sec (or rather 0.7 because you cast at 0.35 sec intervals).

So yeah, 1% leech should be fine.

That brings up a very interesting question: when to drop LL? You can't realistically expect to obtain double corrupted jewelry with %Int AND fire leech. So then its a trade-off: get the leech instead of Int. You'll have 10% lower Int but 40% MORE damage. Sounds totally worth it, if you can get at least 2 items with the leech mod.
Here's a bummer: the wiki mistakenly listed the slot for the fire leech vaal mod. They put it on rings instead of amulets. I've just searched the market for every single slot, and it's clear that this mod can only happen on amulets, helmets and quivers. But not on rings.

So, if 1% leech is the goal, then you need Astra AND a corrupted helmet. Obviously, that has to be only Black Sun Crest, i.e. you'd need to lose a lot of ES.

Next question is: would 0.5% be enough? That would require doing 420k DPS reliably, even against moving targets. It's possible, but may depend on the encounter.

And it reminds me about the Elementalist option. That class has 0.5% leech from Ascendancy. But it would have a whole lot less Int than the Scion. The difference in Int that existed when we considered it for 3.2 has grown bigger with the new %Int vaal mods. Scion gets something like 100 more BASE Int.

I'll look into all this stuff and see how it goes.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 17, 2018, 10:03:38 PM
Yeah, 0.5% leech is enough as long as you do enough DPS.

New video: Shaper Gets Rekt

The power creep in 3.3 is just insane. New upgrades increase DPS. New DPS lets you survive on the 0.5% leech from the new Vaal mod and drop Life Leech. Which increases your DPS even more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info