[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
Oooohhhh booooyyyyyyyy!!! Look what just randomly happened at the Altar of Corruption...

GG GGG!

jeeeesus fucking christ! gz man, typical case of streamer/guide author rng.

-----

for mapping, I highly recommend using

they are typically very cheap to get, and over the course of hundreds of maps, the extra movespeed really adds up.

(we should of course still use the one with the int corruption (or essence of spite crafted crystal belts) for the high endgame bosses.)
"
My Resistance is all 75%, so my gloves do not need Resi more.
I have crafted my own shoes because what I need is far too expensive, in addition MS even drives the price upwards.

You have it other way around. There is no such thing as "i don't need res on gloves", didn't you just said that you have problem with affording boots with move speed? The best way here would be have lesser res on boots, but have 30% move speed, and max your res with gloves.

Theory here is that: 1) Boots need move speed, so with additional useful and expensive affix, getting res on boots is quite pricey
2) Helmet have much more ES, so most of the time you want to concentrate on getting high ES. Again, those affixes are expensive, and getting additional resistance would be quite a bother.
3) Gloves... We basically don't need ANYTHING from gloves. ES is negligible (won't say that you don't need it, but it's minor enough that you can ignore if you out of funds), which makes getting resistances on gloves the cheapest and most effective out of all other options.

All of this of course not counting int, which must be on everything, so we can just ignore it for simplicity sake.

So, if you don't have resistances on gloves, and saying that you don't have funds for MS, it means that you are doing it wrong.
Can you tell me how you use 2 golems? I also capped 2 golems but CWDT always summons only 1 golem. ^^
I thought that only works with the Anima Stone.
Last edited by jIZHO on Jul 10, 2018, 8:41:50 AM
"
Can you tell me how you use 2 golems? I also capped 2 golems but CWDT always summons only 1 golem. ^^

Elementalist, the ascendant passive.
"

Try to change the sequence of the gems in your boots so that Flame golem would follow Chaos golem, like this: CWDT > Flame golem > Chaos golem > Immortal call.
Edit: never mind, checked it out - it doesnt really matter what the sequence is.
You have the ascendancy and gems lvls are ok, everything should work fine.
Last edited by Windgaming on Jul 10, 2018, 11:13:58 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:
The reason we can facetank most bosses is a) vigilant strike, and b) watcher's eye. You are missing the former, but it's very good. You run up to a boss, thunk him in the face with your staff, and get huge defence bonusses. The latter gives you up to 30 ES per hit, and makes you MUCH safer.

Watcher's Eye is totally not the reason we can facetank bosses. This build has been facetanking everything way before that item was created. It's nice to have, but its main strength is QoL for mapping. Against a single target its effect isn't that big.

Damage mitigation and leech are the reasons why we can facetank bosses.

Can't afford yet of the latter double discipline mod of watcher's eye so i tried noimagination's link
"
NoImagination wrote:
b) watcher's eye. You are missing the former, but it's very good. You run up to a boss, thunk him in the face with your staff, and get huge defence bonusses. The latter gives you up to 30 ES per hit, and makes you MUCH safer.

There're some for 35-40c: http://poe.trade/search/ukodokohahuset

(thanks man, i should have found it sooner)

For that specific ES per enemies hit that cost 40c and couldn't feel much safer than before versus mobs, this way I can just go ahead using Fire Penetration on my Spell Cascade staff without worrying being mobbed like I used to. Someday I'll afford the better one. Being on level 86, I have to remove one dps jewel since it was a poor roll anyway, rather than waiting for level 91 to stick a jewel slot on the far right shadow area socket.
Last edited by iamgrimnemesis on Jul 10, 2018, 9:10:54 PM
I really like this build :)
Is it a good idea to switch to Inquisitor-Slayer Class instead?
Due to the fact that I need to carry more people in all bosses. Thank you for reply.
Fire penetration may be a bit less important now as we have other sources, but it's still a big effective DPS boost. Additional golem is a pretty big deal. Cannot take reflected damage is a huge deal. Increased Herald effect is OK.

And for dropping that, we get a decent DPS boost and some leech improvement, but we also get more AOE which is bad for us. Doesn't seem like a good trade to me. Normally it's not good to trade survivability for DPS.

I'm at 95 and have enough DPS to kill T16 guardians in a few seconds. If I ran with lots of other players perhaps it'd be more of a problem, but even then a lot of your damage is after a few seconds of channeling, so you kill things faster than you'd expect.

I don't think this is a great skill for playing in a party either. You cause FPS problems and it's hard for people to see what's going on if they aren't used to it.
"
NoImagination wrote:

I don't think this is a great skill for playing in a party either. You cause FPS problems and it's hard for people to see what's going on if they aren't used to it.

thats a nice description of the problem :-)

i like that skill since i dont like playing party. but still i die sometimes if i am not carefully as i dont see ground effects from bearers.

In beachhead leage i tried to partying in beachhead maps. Mostly i got kicked sometimes they sayed do nothing and be quite and follow :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info