(3.2) All Map Mod Solar Guard Spectre LEAGUE START (SSF Viable/End Game Viable)

What do you think about spending an extra 5 points to get a 2nd curse, adding flammability? yey pr ney?
I have thought about that as well, but for me personally It seems hard to justify the 5 point investment for approximately 9% fire pen on bosses especially since we already have EE on them. (only 9% due to boss curse resistance, however it is a very viable option and opens the doors to the possibility of using a defensive curse like temporal chains on blasphemy instead of anger as well.
Does the additional Fire damage on Ghastly jewels mess with Elemental Equilibrium?
If it specifies that it is added damage only to minions then you are fine! I would recommend going for cast speed for minions as well if you can manage it!
Hey, thinking of a summoner for my 3rd character of the league. How far can you take this? I don't have that much cash so I wouldn't be able to afford the scourge but the other uniques are pretty affordable.
You can take this build as far as you want! (Possibly even Uber elder but that is yet to be tested) Instead of a scourge I would recommend getting a brightbeak for fast shield charging and some res. I think they go for 1c just now. Also I will be updating the build for a high end version that allows for around 2200 extra ES recovery per second on command.
The end game Path of building is now up on the guide
that unearth setup look interesting looking forward to trying it. However I don't get why you take necromantic aegis for victarios. You hit and kill and minions get all charges regardless
We grab aiges because unfortunately for power charge gain on kill we cannot actually get them if the minion gets the kill (and they will always get the kill). As for the frenzies we could gain them ourselves but as there is only a 5% chance to gain one on hit I don't think we could reliably hit 20 times ourselves to refresh a frenzy charge before they constantly just fall off. (With aiges it is now our minions hits that proc the frenzies and you will reliably have 3 up all the time even on bosses. Frenzies are extra potent for minions providing 15% cast and attack speed and 4% more dmg so it is very beneficial for the build) This is just personal preference though and you could give it a try without the aieges to see how it goes! For the unearth setup remember that the es gain scales with flat life, ES%, life % and because of this int/str as well. The more you have the more es gain there is and once you get the end game setup going it gets even crazier!
Last edited by gnew95 on Mar 10, 2018, 1:07:47 PM
Ok - so a quick review of this build (or my very similar version of it):
Playing in SSF SC Bestiary and after my first char found Bones of Ullr I knew I had to do a spectre build again this league.

Last league I played Solar Guards Spectre as well, but with zombies as a meat shield, but this unearth - spirit offering setup is in my opinion even better, because the zombies usually die in the very hard fights (guardians, shaper...) while the ES helps out all the time.

Today, at level 92 I killed all 4 guardians (1 death to each guardian except Hydra deathless), shaper (deathless) and a vaal temple map (died 3 or 4 times). Also did T12 and T13 elder a couple days ago...

What can I say more? This build works really, really well, even with pretty meh gear (although I found a Victarios Charity as well). I use Aurumvorax to cap my resists and other than these three uniques I only use rares with life, some dex and resists and my spectres are in a 5L... and most of my gems are currently lvl 19 with 20% qual. So there is a lot of room for improvement... (see JustAnotherSpectreBuild in my profile for details of my gear and tree).

Only major difference to this guide is, that I use 2 curses (with Whispers of Doom).
I always use one blue and one green gem out of temp chains, enfeeble, flammability and projectile weakness, so I can use 2 defensive curses or 2 offensive curses or mix it, depending on the maps / bosses. Especially temp chains is great for some mechanical boss fights (looking at you shaper), because it gives some extra time to dodge his attacks, while the spectres take him down.

So, thanks to gnew95 for this variation of a solar guard spectre build - it's absolutely viable on SSF as well!

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info