Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

What nonsense is this? You don't need an Oni-Goroshi farming guide. All you do is Twilight Strand Beach runs, kill Hillock, and then log out (do not go into town). Then wait 90 seconds for the zone to reset and repeat for 1000s of times until you eventually get uber Hillock to come out and play. Kill uber Hillock and he drops Charan's Sword. Average beach run time (assuming you do kill zombies) is about a minute once you have leveled a few times so most will do a 3 or 4 farmer rotation to not have to wait for the zone to reset.

This is a straight up simple grind into level 7 (I usually get uber Hillock after 20% into level 7). I know because I have done it for 15 swords in total.

Anyone telling you something different is BSing you.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
What nonsense is this? You don't need an Oni-Goroshi farming guide. All you do is Twilight Strand Beach runs, kill Hillock, and then log out (do not go into town). Then wait 90 seconds for the zone to reset and repeat for 1000s of times until you eventually get uber Hillock to come out and play. Kill uber Hillock and he drops Charan's Sword. Average beach run time (assuming you do kill zombies) is about a minute once you have leveled a few times so most will do a 3 or 4 farmer rotation to not have to wait for the zone to reset.

This is a straight up simple grind into level 7 (I usually get uber Hillock after 20% into level 7). I know because I have done it for 15 swords in total.

Anyone telling you something different is BSing you.

Talking about nonsense.... you say there is no need for farming guide and than you go ahead and offer... farming guide. lol

When I was farming Oni sword I didn't know if you need to kill Hillock or not or if killing mobs along the way to Hillock would take away from chance for Uber Hillock to spawn or not or if you need to be certain level in order for Uber Hillock to appear or not or whether it is ok to enter town or not or to farm more efficiently with 4 chars. Since ggg nowhere stated rules for farming Oni/Uber Hillock of course a lot of rumors will appear and that is why you need some guide.
Last edited by Sidad on Dec 27, 2018, 8:37:44 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
right. There's the door then.

lol 🖕
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Or stay and remain a punching bag for those unimpressed with your lies and BS.

A farming guide will help. For sure.

But its not necessary. I designed this grind specifically so that you didnt have to follow a guide. All you need to know is how to cycle Strands. Not. Hard.

Also we were very careful to make sure no newbie could find it by accident, since OG breaks the core game. Using the strand instance timer works because veterans intuitively get that mechanic.

What lies? What bs?

Didn't have to follow guide? All we need to know is >>how to cycle Strands<<. lol How? Do we kill Hillock or not? Do we farm Zombies or not? Do we enter town or not? Do I have to be level 7 or not? Do I need more than one char farming or not? Maybe you know since you design it, Columbo, but rest of us don't or didn't know so after hours of farming and getting nothing you start questioning yourself if you are doing something wrong and that's why there were a lot of rumors and until today I really thought that there is farming guide and that there might be some issue while farming that might prevent players from getting Uber Hillock so I suggested to sticking to farming guide. Obviously never meant to hinder players progress but to try and help.

btw, I'm good at punching myself. Not afraid to get hit and even take it if I really deserve it.
Farm here seems fairly straight-forward. Thanks for explaining.

One question I might've missed here is if I reach level 8 without Uber Hillock/Oni drop -- should I reset that character?

Thanks, exiles!
Keep on trucking exile, you may get to join the Arrowneous's Level 9 club
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
Keep on trucking exile, you may get to join the Arrowneous's Level 9 club

The children will sing songs of my glory!
bought it of the market best decision ever.
I think it is possible but talk about torture.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Why the hell is that sword even so good?
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info