Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

two 8 lvl, one 7.5 lvl, 12 hours - no sword.
4 Scions @ lvl 7.1 ... 1:45 h playtime each. No sword so far.
three scions 8 lvl, one 7 lvl and 99%. No sword. 12+++ h played. Hate GGG
After 12hrs of the first day with no sword, I QUIT. NEVER AGAIN.
Oni farmers unite and let's take all our money that we would've spent on MTX if were actually able to play the game and buy Chinese revenge DDoS from the darknet. xD
"
pyloniac wrote:
Oni farmers unite and let's take all our money that we would've spent on MTX if were actually able to play the game and buy Chinese revenge DDoS from the darknet. xD

Dark Army will collapse GGG and after them world economy? Why not.

Also started playing on full zoom in just to change endless ssdd thing.
After reading all the posts I could find about Oni here and on Reddit since 3.2, I think these are the two changes GGG made to the drop rate:

1) Uber Hillock now has a small chance to show up once you're level 8. Previously he started showing up once you hit level 7.

2) Uber Hillock can now very, very rarely show up while you're level 5-7. This is the added variance Chris referred to.

There are two main effects from this. The first is that it's going to take most players much, much longer to farm an Oni. The second is that running straight for Hillock once you reach level 7 is no longer the best plan. You should instead keep farming the entire zone for XP until you hit level 8.

Some XP averages from farming the zone at level 7 with a Ranger (small number of runs, but enough to give a good idea of how much worse running straight to Hillock is):

Char 1) 9913 XP/hr - 20% ms boots - killed monsters on the way

Char 2) 9482 XP/hr - 10% MS boots - killed monsters on the way

Char 3) 3842 XP/hr - 10% MS boots - straight to Hillock
A quick tip I learned part way through:

Stay away from the cliffs. keep a view of the water at all times. You're less likely to take a wrong turn or blunder into an uber hillock without realizing it.

If you plan to watch the screen as opposed to using your peripherals watch the minimap instead of your character. It's a lot more accurate and has better range than your field of view.

Bind the exit-to-character-select command to a button. Less clicks the better.

Finally, the last time I checked, macros are fine as long as they only input one command per button push, so a macro that simply holds down a mouse input after you press it won't break any rules. That means anyone with a programmable mouse can run without having to hold a button down. Should you choose to use one, it could cut down on a significant amount of fatigue over time.

I'm still waiting for RNG to smile on me a second time. In the mean time, I hope a couple of these help.

Good luck!
Fuu. So I should'd have leveled to L8 then before starting to go straight to hillock I guess..

Sitting currently at 500 Hillock kills (including leveling kills) and 10h time wasted (including some food breaks) between 3xL7 scions.

4 toons would be optimal for straight to hillock though but too lazy to level another one.

But I've wasted so much time I'm not gona give up now.
Last edited by juzz on Mar 4, 2018, 9:08:45 AM
"
juzz wrote:
Fuu. So I should'd have leveled to L8 then before starting to go straight to hillock I guess..

Sitting currently at 500 Hillock kills (including leveling kills) and 10h time wasted (including some food breaks) between 3xL7 scions.

4 toons would be optimal for straight to hillock though but too lazy to level another one.

But I've wasted so much time I'm not gona give up now.

It can drop at 5,6,7 also... most ive read was lvl 7s.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info