Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
Ukanta wrote:
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

Second aspect is more to do with personal challenge, whether you can endue such long boring play for many hours.

What's challenging about slamming your head into your desk while grinding away at the starting zone for hours on end? I think the implementation of this unique is ultimately a fail. If the general consensus is that it's boring, then it's bad design.

I'm starting to regret farming for this sword AGAIN. Last league I grin and bared it, knowing the drop chance was more or less guaranteed at a specific point. I'm nearing 7 1/2 on 3 characters this league. I suppose I can't just give up now, but god know how much longer this will take. It's really no fun, and if I could go back I'd rather just have told myself to grind maps and just buy the damn thing in the time it takes to find it, except all the while being able to level and find other things, and catching beasts, y'know, something productive for my character(s).
Dropped at 2h 57 mins
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
pyloniac wrote:
2 of my friends and me decided to farm it but didn't expect ggg to go absulutely mental on the spawn rate.

Our lvls:

8, 8, 8, 8
8, 8, 7.6, 7.6, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5
7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5

Farmed over 60h combined by now (we only killed Hillock since lvl 5 btw)

Oni-Goroshi total: 0

Tabulas total: 2

Readbeaks: 4

Wanderlusts: 3

Other shit uniques: A lot

RIP

PS: I farm with 4 Scions with +10% ms boots, +9% ms nodes, +onslaught

But how can that be? Reddit said it's still super easy now cuz some guy lucked out and got one at level 7 lol

Because GGG fucked up the spawn rate or are literally dumb as fuck?
"
cpricecpa wrote:
Farmed with 3 duelists.

1st dropped 3hrs. 11min @8.06

2nd dropped 4hrs. 13min @8.19

Now I'm done and ready to play the league. Good luck everybody.

Made scions one by one after realizing it was slightly faster and stopped farming on shadows.

1. 2h 43min - scion
2. 2h 33min - scion
3. 3h 30min - scion
4. 3h 50min - scion
5. 3h 19min - shadow
6. 2h 55min - shadow
7. 2h 55min - shadow

Total combined played time: 21h 45min
1st @ 12 hours on 3 toons, all about level 8.2
I thought it was odd someone quoted me - except it was someone else responding to what I said...

But yeah, I can understand doing it just to see how much has changed.

As for the value - you may not end up farming 50 chaos in a few days, but all the same is how likely is someone going to even be able to afford that price in the same few days.

The biggest lack of motivation for me is not playing a build that would revolve or at least utilize the oni. When I did it I was just curious and wanted to see what the process was like. The only reason I got a few more was that I did them before the changes since I had already prepped 3 at level 7 anyway.
Yep, totally over league play.
Still grinding for second... Madness...
Friend got his at 14 hours lol
Toss a ccin to your WITCHER?
1st Oni-G. spawned after 3h44min at lvl 7&74% | time played: ~14h
2nd Oni-G. spawned after 3h28min at lvl 7&75% | time played: ~14h

Made 4 scions, cleared all until I've hit lvl 7, then only killed Hillock afterwards.

P.S. 2nd Oni-G spawned 5mins after 1st. RNG is a harsh mistress in POE. Ppl already closing in lvl90 while I farmed my first sword :P.
Tears make streams. Fish live in streams. I like fish.
/MonstaMunch
Last edited by Powderoff on Mar 4, 2018, 7:43:11 AM
We're farming for over 26 hours now. We found 3 tabulas so far.
Last edited by pyloniac on Mar 4, 2018, 8:09:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info