Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
spidii wrote:
Can someone explain to me how to farm this? From what I gather I have to get a few characters to level 7 and then kill hillock a bunch? Are there any stipulations to this? Do I have to stay in the strand? Can I go out, level to 7 and keep resetting the instance or does it need to refresh on its own? How does this work exactly?

You play Twilight Strand and in some instance Überhillock will spawn.
You don't need to be level 7.
Basically you play TWS, exit, let the instance reset and retry. Many people use multiple characters so they don't have to wait in between resets.
You cannot level to 7 elsewhere and you cannot (as in, it's impossible) manually restart instances. You must never leave TWS until you found the sword.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
You don't need to be 7 anymore, nor to kill everything, before it got updated you had to be level 7 and then just go to Hillock, if he is going to drop it, you'll see the sword in his chest instead of the usual one
12 hours in, still nothing.
Quite disappointing for a game...
At this point, I surrendered. My sanity was at stake and there was noone to tell me to stay sane.

Spoiler

Poe uninstalled.
Spoiler

I am weak :), I know.

More than 14 hours of farming, 5 characters at lvl 7, deleted two lvl 6 and still no Uber Hillock. It's so frustrating but i don't give up.
You need to take breakes. I do every for ech hour or 1,5. 15 mins for something else.

EDIT

And first one dropped

Now second.
Last edited by de99ial on Mar 3, 2018, 11:41:10 AM
Has anyone here found 2 x Oni on 2 different characters?

I am beginning to wonder that besides changing the drop rate, did GGG change it to 1 drop per account (instead of 1 drop per character).
"
de99ial wrote:
So now we know that there are changes. To me getting 2 of them in Abyss was kinda hard took me two days. Im a bit concern how long it will take me to farm those in Bestiary.

I will give it a try netherless but i will put time frame for it like week or so, because i want to play league not spend it in Strand. As usuall im going SSF.

What You gonna do?

Pls, dont change this topic into constant whining.

What's the deal with these Swords anyway, are they really that good?
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Finally 2nd dropped, can really play the game now :/

Edit: 2 characters same account dropped @ lvl 8 the 2nd time.
Last edited by MBLV on Mar 3, 2018, 1:27:23 PM
You definitely don't need to be level 7 for this to drop anymore. Mine dropped at level 5, so at the very least you can stop levelling then and just run to Hillock and log to another char once you don't see Uber Hillock.

Essentially killing Hillock once you acquired everything you need (as in, 10% movement boots, maybe a decent weapon, 1-2 extra life/mana potions) is just a waste of time. Even if it only takes 2 hits. Those seconds add up when you've been doing that for 2 hours straight.

edit: I thought about farming a second one for selling as well, but figured since the first one dropped after only 2 hours and it's very unlikely I'll get super lucky a second time, I might as well just get my char to maps, unlock Uber Lab and make currency that way. The whole reason for me to farm this was to be able to have a good starter build without having to six link something and therefore saving a ton of time and investment in the long run.
Last edited by ZoobieTV on Mar 3, 2018, 1:36:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info