[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

i have 2 questions about the chieftan cyclone build. how come vaal cyclone doesnt kill you in this build and how is point blank useful?
Not sure what you mean by "why vaal cyclone doesnt kill you"
But regarding the point blank it's because the molten bursts provided by the axe are projectiles so they get the benefit.
i remember someone in my guild saying that vaal cyclone kills you if you dont have max block. i could be wrong because that was quite a while ago
"
"
kira1414 wrote:

Flammability + Elemental Weakness

Yep I'm an idiot, thought those two rings were showing you could use opal & iron - didn't notice the curse changed too. Thanks! I've been having a ton of fun with this build.

Anything that can be swapped out for better single target damage (consecrated path)?

Cyclone will still have better single target than Consecrated Path.

"
MySgtAce wrote:
Realy nice guide. I Enyoing Playing it.
Can you take a look on my Gear and tell me what i should upgrade next?My Profile is Public. Would be nice and allready thank you :)

I would recommend Culling Strike on warlord gloves as that is at least 10% more damage.

Get Hillock to t3 transportation and craft 28% on your perfectly rolled axe (btw, you don't need any links on the axe).

I would roll life on your Dragon ring instead of damage.

I would also roll life on your amulet (that is a nice amulet).

Get a stygian belt with 90+ life + resistance. If there is an open prefix, you can craft elemental damage on the belt.

Use beastiary to craft Staunching on your life flask.

Get Watcher's Eye with "Gain #% physical as extra fire while affected by anger" (do not get the wrong one.

Prioritise life on all your jewels, then go for attack speed and damage.

You can consider getting yourself a crusader explody chest. That will greatly improve your map clearing speed.

Get your gems to 20% quality and for those that have awakened version, you can upgrade them.

Aim for 30+% chaos resistance. That will greatly improve your survivability too.

"
ssampiseth wrote:

With this chest, cyclone clear speed should be really fast right? cuz idk what the differeces between tectonic slam and cyclone(cyclone is better for bossing?)
when to switch to elemental overload? do we need to switch gear for higher crit chance for that?

Yep. Explody chest will definitely improve your map clear speed.

Personally, I prefer Cyclone for everything because you can kill while on the move. And you can easily re-positioning yourself in a boss fight.

"
Xynene wrote:
I think my build is public?

I've been trying to tailor a Nghamhu Flame Axe build.

Damage so far is very high, but survivability could be much better.

I'm using a 10% ele damage large cluster into a medium herald, into a small cold resist. Probably will change these around (but that last small gem is so nice to have) and the jewel for fire damage + buffs is really nice after flasking and with people who run tons of auras.

But, in lvl 75 gold heists I tend to get one shot.

I also get 3 shot by Atziri's boss in second phase? The flame dude that hits for like 3k - 5k a swing. Anyways, I can't live thru whatever theyre doing. they enflame then hit me twice for sweet death.

So yeah, I only really die to certain bosses (immediate high damage) or a long stun in a bad zone and I can't flask in time. (HP immediate or not, I get popped)

I do like Kaom's Strawberry flask whatever thats called. And I was using flask of hate but it now makes my cold resist too high. Got to play around with those numbers.

You will want to have positive chaos resist.

The gems in your axe is not following the guide. I would recommend you to re-roll the colors and use the gems listed in the gems section.

I would replace your boots, belt, gloves, Praxis ring with rare gears.

For gloves, Warlord gloves with Culling Strike is highly recommended.

You will want high life roll on all your rare slots (including jewels) and aim for 6000 life when you are at level 90.

Instead of Light of Shroudless, consider getting a 6L crusader explody chest.

I would also recommend a rare elder/warlord amulet over Impresence.

Check out the recommended gears and rares section.

Use the flasks listed in the Flask section. They will greatly improve your survivability.

"
i have 2 questions about the chieftan cyclone build. how come vaal cyclone doesnt kill you in this build and how is point blank useful?

I don't use Vaal Cyclone as it can easily get your character killed from range damage.

As mentioned by @Chridian, Point Blank is to provide more damage to Molten Burst.
I'm wondering how best to scale single-target damage here. I'm not really having issues surviving in T14 maps, and I took immortal ambition for over-leech to feel a little less squishy.

I'm running EO but with different auras - Herald of Ash, precision + war banner, skitterbots and flesh and stone for some added defense. I clear trash very quickly but bosses take a while. Obviously I could get an explosion chest for an upgrade, but that won't help boss dps. I have one CoH flammability steel ring, which helps. Perhaps a watcher's eye?

"
Parhelius wrote:
I'm wondering how best to scale single-target damage here. I'm not really having issues surviving in T14 maps, and I took immortal ambition for over-leech to feel a little less squishy.

I'm running EO but with different auras - Herald of Ash, precision + war banner, skitterbots and flesh and stone for some added defense. I clear trash very quickly but bosses take a while. Obviously I could get an explosion chest for an upgrade, but that won't help boss dps. I have one CoH flammability steel ring, which helps. Perhaps a watcher's eye?

Spoiler

Replace Pulverize with Rage and on boss, pop Berserk with 50 stacks of rages for burst damage.

Get all gems to 20% quality.

You can either use Devoto or a Warlord influenced (i85) helm with -9 fire resist to nearby enemies.

Get Warlord influenced gloves with Culling Strike.

Watcher's Eye with Gain #% Physical as extra fire while affected by Anger will greatly help. You will need to run Anger aura.

Craft flat physical damage on your amulet. This build does not deal physical damage so you do not benefit from the leech.

Drop Warbanner. The build does not deal physical damage so the banner does not have any effect. The only benefit it gives is when you place the banner on the ground for Adrenaline.

You will want anti-freeze quicksilver flask. Instead of Basalt, Taste of Hate will be better as it gives you damage + defense.

Bubbling Divine life flask of Staunching will give you more healing.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Parhelius wrote:

Spoiler

Replace Pulverize with Rage and on boss, pop Berserk with 50 stacks of rages for burst damage.

Get all gems to 20% quality.

You can either use Devoto or a Warlord influenced (i85) helm with -9 fire resist to nearby enemies.

Get Warlord influenced gloves with Culling Strike.

Watcher's Eye with Gain #% Physical as extra fire while affected by Anger will greatly help. You will need to run Anger aura.

Craft flat physical damage on your amulet. This build does not deal physical damage so you do not benefit from the leech.

Drop Warbanner. The build does not deal physical damage so the banner does not have any effect. The only benefit it gives is when you place the banner on the ground for Adrenaline.

You will want anti-freeze quicksilver flask. Instead of Basalt, Taste of Hate will be better as it gives you damage + defense.

Bubbling Divine life flask of Staunching will give you more healing.

Thanks for your comments, very helpful! War banner was only for accuracy, but i still have 91% chance to hit with cyclone without it which I think is probably fine. I can slot berserk in the free slot.

Which of these flasks would you drop for the anti-freeze quicksilver:
- basalt
- atziri's
- wise oak

I'm also not sure I understand - the build doesn't do physical damage, so why that watcher's eye mod? What's the difference between phys as extra fire vs extra phys from war banner for example?

Thanks!
Last edited by Parhelius on Nov 12, 2020, 4:12:57 PM
"
Parhelius wrote:

Thanks for your comments, very helpful! War banner was only for accuracy, but i still have 91% chance to hit with cyclone without it which I think is probably fine. I can slot berserk in the free slot.

- basalt
- atziri's
- wise oak

I'm also not sure I understand - the build doesn't do physical damage, so why that watcher's eye mod? What's the difference between phys as extra fire vs extra phys from war banner for example?

Thanks!

You can also get accuracy on rings and/or amulet.

For flasks, you can run this setup:
1. Bubbling Divine life flask of Staunching
2. Experimental granite flask of Warding
3. Experimental quicksilver flask of Heat
4. Taste of Hate
5. Atziri's Promise

The build don't do physical damage but instead, it converts physical to fire. The Watcher's Eye damage is added before the conversion. Thus it gives you more damage.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Parhelius wrote:

- basalt
- atziri's
- wise oak

Thanks!

You can also get accuracy on rings and/or amulet.

For flasks, you can run this setup:
1. Bubbling Divine life flask of Staunching
2. Experimental granite flask of Warding
3. Experimental quicksilver flask of Heat
4. Taste of Hate
5. Atziri's Promise

The build don't do physical damage but instead, it converts physical to fire. The Watcher's Eye damage is added before the conversion. Thus it gives you more damage.

OK, so no wise oak for the fire pen then? I had tested dropping atziri's in the meantime. Thanks for the explanation, I understand now. I'm guessing then that if I got a watcher's eye with phys as extra fire, i could drop skitter and ash and replace with anger for a dps boost.

Thanks again!

Edit: Just checked in PoB, if i drop herald of ash and skitterbots, and add anger and a watcher's eye with % phys as extra fire and increased attack speed with precision, i lose about 20k dps on cyclone. Does PoB scale this damage correctly?
Last edited by Parhelius on Nov 13, 2020, 1:52:37 PM
"
Parhelius wrote:

OK, so no wise oak for the fire pen then? I had tested dropping atziri's in the meantime. Thanks for the explanation, I understand now. I'm guessing then that if I got a watcher's eye with phys as extra fire, i could drop skitter and ash and replace with anger for a dps boost.

Thanks again!

Edit: Just checked in PoB, if i drop herald of ash and skitterbots, and add anger and a watcher's eye with % phys as extra fire and increased attack speed with precision, i lose about 20k dps on cyclone. Does PoB scale this damage correctly?

You do not drop Herald of Ash when you go for Anger because Herald of Ash gives you extra fire damage too.

You will run Anger + Herald of Ash + Blood and Sand (or Precision) + Enlighten.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info