[3.2] Penta-Totem Ball Lightning Hierophant (3M Shaper DPS)

Yeah, please show how you calculate the 3Mil.
36K is shown as DPS, considering 5hits each ball we get 36*5*4 (totem count) = 720k
If you're assuming 5 hits then wouldn't it be 36k x 5 x 5 (since it's 5 totems?). I'm not at home so I can't play with PoB, but I'd be curious where this lands. I was already planning something similar to this.

Edit: Again, don't have PoB at the moment. But is this DPS taking in to account Self-Flag with several curses running?
Last edited by ziffy on Mar 2, 2018, 9:52:41 AM
Yes it takes self-flag + all curse into account. Removing Self-Flag kills 8k DPS.
Looks like a pretty nice build but like others, I'd like to see the math you used to get to those dps #'s.
"
akavangop wrote:
Yeah, please show how you calculate the 3Mil.
36K is shown as DPS, considering 5hits each ball we get 36*5*4 (totem count) = 720k

Ball Lightning hits 5 times per second per cast, NOT 5 times total per cast.

As long as the monster is in the targeting radius of the ball, any targets will continue to get hit 5 times per second until they are out of the targeting range of the ball, or the ball's duration ends after 3 seconds.

Essentially we want the ball on top of our targets for as long as possible, and the best ways to scale that are AoE (although area damage does not scale the skill damage, AoE will increase the 'targeting range' of the ball), and lower proj speed. Treat lower proj speed and AoE radius as more multipliers, as we get 15 hits per cast.

Longer in range of target = more hits.

For our setup, our 'real' DPS is Tooltip*15 for normal humanoid targets like Shaper with a radius of 2, and then of course that *5 for 5 totems.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Mar 3, 2018, 5:12:28 PM
I don't understand how we crit. We're using controlled destruction support...
"
brobanx wrote:
Controlled Destruction can't lower the base crit chance of any spell below 5%.

Also it's 100% reduced and not 100% less, meaning the 'Shaman's Dominion' passive node counteracts the reduced chance in its entirety, all by itself, leaving us with 44% more spell damage and every other passive and item increasing crit chance on top of that. We pick up over 500% increased crit chance on just the tree and power charges btw.

With all thecrit we pick up on gear as well, our final crit chance is rather high at about 60-70% with a diamond flask up.

Last edited by Xanthochroid on Mar 3, 2018, 4:12:13 PM
so far really liking the mechanics of this build. typical totem stuff is really overpriced right now, but the build itself is pretty solid.
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
"
brobanx wrote:
Controlled Destruction can't lower the base crit chance of any spell below 5%.

Also it's 100% reduced and not 100% less, meaning the 'Shaman's Dominion' passive node counteracts the reduced chance in its entirety, all by itself, leaving us with 44% more spell damage and every other passive and item increasing crit chance on top of that. We pick up over 500% increased crit chance on just the tree and power charges btw.

With all thecrit we pick up on gear as well, our final crit chance is rather high at about 60-70% with a diamond flask up.

Ok thanks. 'Reduced', not 'less', that's what I was missing.
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
as we get 15 hits per cast.

According to the BL calculator 11 hits. 15 with the knockback support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info