[3.2] Penta-Totem Ball Lightning Hierophant (3M Shaper DPS)

I love Spark and haven't used it in many years. Love totems too! I'm gonna wanna give this one a try, please keep it updated after 3.2 hits :)

EDIT: Conc effect doesn't work with Spark, does it? Need to swap that one out for Spark as well?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Feb 26, 2018, 8:41:21 AM
what about atziri's mirror, soul mantle and self-flagellation?
"
Jadran wrote:
I love Spark and haven't used it in many years. Love totems too! I'm gonna wanna give this one a try, please keep it updated after 3.2 hits :)

EDIT: Conc effect doesn't work with Spark, does it? Need to swap that one out for Spark as well?

Yeah doesn't work with Spark whatsoever, but the damage is solid enough that more gem swaps aren't really necessary. In PoB I'm hitting about 315k DPS with a single Spark Totem against normal mobs with no gem swaps. If you do however want to do a swap, Added Lightning would definitely be the best option, and would bring the damage up to 399k DPS per totem.

Could also use a pair of 'supported by spell totem' Elder Boots and run a pseudo 5l for clearing, which would free up being able to place your Lightning Tendrils while mapping for stronger monsters such as beyond demons, breachlords etc. The damage would be only about 190k for mapping per totem though, so it may not be advised, but I'll test it.

And I'll do my best to update this, the guide is really skeletal and basic as of now, but I'll flesh it out with more media and make it look better as I test and fine tune its mechanics during the league.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Feb 26, 2018, 12:03:39 PM
"
belanna wrote:

Atziri's Reflection gives only 20% more curse reduction than 2 Kikazarus, and takes up a valuable weapon slot where we can get a lot more damage. 2 Shimmerons or a Shimmeron and a good shield (high crit/spell or Tukohama's) will invariably be better for damage.
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
"
belanna wrote:

Atziri's Reflection gives only 20% more curse reduction than 2 Kikazarus, and takes up a valuable weapon slot where we can get a lot more damage. 2 Shimmerons or a Shimmeron and a good shield (high crit/spell or Tukohama's) will invariably be better for damage.

But you get to use 2 actual rings instead of kikazurus. I'm not sure but I feel like 2 opal rings with the right affixes with the new upgraded atziri shield will beat out 2 kikazuru rings + shimmeron or a good shield, though I'd need to load up PoB and play around with it myself to really know for sure.
Last edited by Kasspa420 on Feb 26, 2018, 3:29:43 PM
I'm going to be doing something similar but I will be going Ball Lightning instead of tendrils. Any reason you went with tendrils over ball lighting?
I’m excited about the potentials of this and similar builds. I think some interesting strategies will come from this. I’ll be following.
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
"
belanna wrote:

But you get to use 2 actual rings instead of kikazurus. I'm not sure but I feel like 2 opal rings with the right affixes with the new upgraded atziri shield will beat out 2 kikazuru rings + shimmeron or a good shield, though I'd need to load up PoB and play around with it myself to really know for sure.

Just did the math with actual mirror tier Opals, and the damage is still over 100k DPS less per totem. The issue lies in the fact that we're using spells and can't use WED; meaning our only 2 options are really Lightning damage or Crit Mult. Even having both of those at max roll on a perfect implicit I'm hitting 552k Shaper DPS per totem vs. 615k Shaper DPS per totem with 2 Kiks and 2 Shimmerons. A good wand is just far too much damage vs. any other option I've tried.
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
"
belanna wrote:

Well then, I admit I'm wrong. thanks for doing the hard work for me. :D
Last edited by Kasspa420 on Feb 27, 2018, 2:40:32 AM
so spark without GMP? Ok it's 4(5) totems but still ... hmm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info