[3.2] Captain Americlast - Scion Spectral Shield Throw

"
TasKitas wrote:
Since the patch fixes some of the nodes, will it also fix cold damage penetration with weapons?

I'm not 100%, but I seriously doubt that they will consider the shield a weapon. Would be cool if they did but doubtful.

It's more about the "while holding a shield" nodes/mods on jewels aren't buffing shield throw.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
lol having such a Bitch of a time in uber lab Frigging traps up the wazzoo wtf lol
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
lol having such a Bitch of a time in uber lab Frigging traps up the wazzoo wtf lol

For Uber Lab farming:

Spec out of vaal pact, pick up that 1% life regen node master of the arena, and throw in a panicked divine life flask or catylysed eternal life flask.
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
dragnmith1 wrote:

For Uber Lab farming:

Spec out of vaal pact, pick up that 1% life regen node master of the arena, and throw in a panicked divine life flask or catylysed eternal life flask.

will do thx again
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
So Im trying this build out with Champion and I put on an Ewar's mirage, Chain Support, and Gloomfang and am getting mixed results.

Chains are nice but they don't proc the explosion until the last chain, which was most of my DPS.

My DPS has plummeted and my life loss to Gloomfang is not sustainable.

Is the key to this build Slayer's life leeching stuff? Also how are you wiping out entire hordes with a single throw?

I feel like Im totally missing something here, but feel free to take a look at my character and let me know what critical thing I seem to be missing.
Thanks for sharing your build. Noob question here. Why the mods "All Elemental Resistances" and "Cold resistance" for the shield? I don't know if Spectral Shield take advantages from these mods or not. Thanks again!
"
rinkun wrote:
Thanks for sharing your build. Noob question here. Why the mods "All Elemental Resistances" and "Cold resistance" for the shield? I don't know if Spectral Shield take advantages from these mods or not. Thanks again!

It's a matter of preferential gearing for me and what is best in every slot for generic damage modifiers. Since we have no "weapon" to scale damage the generic offensive modifiers become very valuable.

No res

No res - all offensive/life/stat

one suffix is 16ias (which is BiS) - or some people like using Hrimburn/Hrimsorrow that has only 30% cold res

1 suffix is 5pen (BiS)

The res's on these help balance my resistances for wise oak:

I have my res's over-capped for elemental weakness maps and all balanced without any flasks up:

This way, even without flasks up (since we're not pathfinder it could possibly happen) I won't be caught with my pants down and lose some XP.

Pure armour shields are best for us to gain as much X-Y raw damage as we can. On pure armour shields, we cannot get suffixes like IAS, so the only other suffixes would be defensive stats like res or life on block or power/frenzy/endurance charge on block:

Hope that helps! I'll add it to the FAQ
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
rinkun wrote:

It's a matter of preferential gearing for me and what is best in every slot for generic damage modifiers. Since we have no "weapon" to scale damage the generic offensive modifiers become very valuable.

No res

No res - all offensive/life/stat

one suffix is 16ias (which is BiS) - or some people like using Hrimburn/Hrimsorrow that has only 30% cold res

1 suffix is 5pen (BiS)

The res's on these help balance my resistances for wise oak:

I have my res's over-capped for elemental weakness maps and all balanced without any flasks up:

This way, even without flasks up (since we're not pathfinder it could possibly happen) I won't be caught with my pants down and lose some XP.

Pure armour shields are best for us to gain as much X-Y raw damage as we can. On pure armour shields, we cannot get suffixes like IAS, so the only other suffixes would be defensive stats like res or life on block or power/frenzy/endurance charge on block:

Hope that helps! I'll add it to the FAQ

Thanks, Ahfack. Sorry for my bad english. I'm still in the path of learning crafting, so I didn't notice that you could take advantage of those defensive mods, so you can be more offensive by crafting more offensive mods for other pieces of your build. Thanks a lot again and keep it up!
Okay so 3.2.1 patch hit tonight! We got our IAS fixed on tree. I gained about 337k tooltip dps altogether fully buffed. My old tooltip was almost 1.7M, new tooltip just over 2M

Old:

New:

So this is about 20% MORE damage - which is very nice.

I ran a couple shapers tonight and I can definitely tell the damage is better. However, I still have tweaks to do for the build in general that's on my side. For instance, I'm not used to shaper's new audio dialogue, so I started spamming attack a bit too early, running me out of mana. That's definitely a player error, and had I done a better job timing my first hit, I wouldn't have run out of mana. I also forgot to set my orb of storms (derp) so I didn't have any power charges:

I also just wanted to see if I could tank shaper's beam. This was a cool test, however we use dmg on full life gem. So it's not a really good functional thing to do. But was still really cool to test ;) You could see my dmg drop off while I was no longer on full life. I suppose an added fire gem would be a decent swap for this type of scenario if you wanted to just tank it to tank it.

Another thing I need to work on is how to get full frenzy charges/onslaught while shaper is sitting there talking. We do have a chance to generate frenzy charge on hitting a unique enemy, but by the time we hit him enough he's dead and we wasted all that potential of getting full frenzies/onslaught for free. Vaal breach is an option, albeit a bit convoluted, however he does sit there and talk for fucking ever lmao. Could just slot that in my helmet in place of faster casting. Another option would be to not go for the +1 frenzies on the tree, and just try to get 3 frenzies as quick as we could. However, for mapping the extra frenzies are sooo nice, and they give about a 2.4% per-point dmg increase which is very efficient.

ANYWAY! Altogether, I'm glad they fixed the IAS on jewels/tree, but I still wish the shards themselves could do some single target damage. That, or we could be effected by generic weapon damage modifiers such as Fangs of Frost or Primeval Force. That's all for tonight, I got meetings in the morning. But I'll be tweaking some parts over the weekend. Will try to update thread as well a bit.
tldr

Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info