Allowing David Brevik to design your league was a bad idea

If you don't like the upcoming content just play standar.
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
Allowing David Brevik, someone who might fit in well with the corporate structure at GGG, but who has almost a 0% chance to add content the PoE playerbase wants to play, is a bad idea.

If David thinks a slow af Monster Hunter World was something a go-fast gotta kill 'em now could really be turned into, it just goes to show how little the designer of this Xpac knows games/gamers, and it's proof-positive GGG doesn't even play PoE.

Stop making opt-in content. Stop it. Like seriously. No more opt-in. Make all rules-sets auto-engage with the player, whether they like it or not. Then you won't need to deal with mechanic fatigue since people won't even differentiate between the xpac and the core game, they will be indistinguishable.

Like let's start with Monster Hun.... er Bestiary. If tiered nets is a good idea (it isn't), then how about applying that rules set to world drops like currency and equipable items? So, not only do you get currency, but they upgrade to better currency later on? And items are the shit you get from bestiaried creatures, so instead of wasting time on bestiary slowing you down, the items you are already picking up in an item-acquisition game upgrade at the corral?

Stop making opt-in content. It necessitates the ploys and gimmicks that must be added to prevent mechanic fatigue. Which wastes dev and design time, and is constraining.

completely disagree. I love content that you can choose to engage or not
op, we all love slow paced action.

YOU ARE WRONG OP, SO WRONG.

GO PLAY d3 OP
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
So much salt in this thread you could create a brand new ocean with it.
D3 has a new season starting tonight, condemned crusader is back!!!!

literally a better build than anything that is currently in path of exile, for all the games terrible flaws its got a build back that just shits on everything in this game.

Gonna be there condemning the fuck out of everything, damn straight. Be there or be square tbh.
What people fail to see... Or realize... Or care about, is that this kind of league appeals to more players. If you're a "CuteDog", or a not-so-cute cat or whatever, wanting to go as fast as you possibly can, you ARE allowed to do that in this league. The ability to buy monsters is your ticket to ride.

And if you're a player wanting to do more stuff than just program your lootfilter to hide everything while you ignore most game mechanics, you can engage in the league mechanic. Craft things yourself. Capture monsters yourself. You know, do more things than just holding a button for ages, while checking/using PoE trade every other minute.

Choice is a good thing in all RPG's. Embrace it.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
My favorite part of this thread, aside from the same crap covered in about 4 other threads, is how each response is an exact representation of the stereotypical response every thread like this gets. This is the perfect microcosm!

I disagree
Not only do I disagree, I am going to enjoy the next league for spite!
Play the game first!
Play Standard then!
Go play D3!
So much Salt!

You guys are a beautiful and well oiled-machine. Never change.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
My favorite part of this thread, aside from the same crap covered in about 4 other threads, is how each response is an exact representation of the stereotypical response every thread like this gets. This is the perfect microcosm!

I disagree
Not only do I disagree, I am going to enjoy the next league for spite!
Play the game first!
Play Standard then!
Go play D3!
So much Salt!

You guys are a beautiful and well oiled-machine. Never change.

you want some originality? you are asking a lot from us

To be honest, in my opinion this league doesn't go far enough.

The net/catch system will probably be a bit tedious, but i will cope with it i think.

What i hoped for is the inability to trade the "league mechanics", so that you would have to actually play the new content if you want to use any of the powerful recipes. Opening up an other way to play thas is not optimized by just farming as much currency/min as possible and buying everything you want.

But i assume the zoom zoom players would have had a mental breakdown if that were to happen, so GGG avoided it.
The Bestiary league proved once and for all, that GGG only listens to crying instead of well thought out criticism.
"
Temeritas wrote:

What i hoped for is the inability to trade the "league mechanics", so that you would have to actually play the new content if you want to use any of the powerful recipes.

they cant stop it, even if they dont let you trade the captured beasts they cant stop you finding the beast in a map and then selling a spot in the party to come and capture that beast yourself, which is just so wide open to scamming because its 2 people trusting each other, no trade window where everything is legit and verifiable for both sides.

If you try and stop people selling wild beasts through party invites by messing with them having to be captured by the person who put in the map etc you just mess up legitimate party play and guild social play...

Its too messy, you cant stop them being traded you can only decide the manner of them being traded, if you let them be securely traded of if you leave it open to being a giant scumbag scamfest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info