Allowing David Brevik to design your league was a bad idea

"
Temeritas wrote:
To be honest, in my opinion this league doesn't go far enough.

The net/catch system will probably be a bit tedious, but i will cope with it i think.

What i hoped for is the inability to trade the "league mechanics", so that you would have to actually play the new content if you want to use any of the powerful recipes. Opening up an other way to play thas is not optimized by just farming as much currency/min as possible and buying everything you want.

But i assume the zoom zoom players would have had a mental breakdown if that were to happen, so GGG avoided it.

+1. RaizQT probably does too lol. He was orgasming on stream when in preview videos they said it would be hard to trade shit between players so theyd have to do it themselves
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Temeritas wrote:

What i hoped for is the inability to trade the "league mechanics", so that you would have to actually play the new content if you want to use any of the powerful recipes.

they cant stop it, even if they dont let you trade the captured beasts they cant stop you finding the beast in a map and then selling a spot in the party to come and capture that beast yourself, which is just so wide open to scamming because its 2 people trusting each other, no trade window where everything is legit and verifiable for both sides.

If you try and stop people selling wild beasts through party invites by messing with them having to be captured by the person who put in the map etc you just mess up legitimate party play and guild social play...

Its too messy, you cant stop them being traded you can only decide the manner of them being traded, if you let them be securely traded of if you leave it open to being a giant scumbag scamfest.

Well i would have preferred the option where you cant trade them directly. It would make it way harder to to trade for them, and catching them yourself would would be more valuable in comparison.

But as i also don't like scammers they could have added something like a loot allocation system to it. Where you are only eligable to catch the beast if you were a member of the instance creators group before the beast is visible on the minimap for any one person of the group. Basically give the beast a "soft aggro" radius and as soon as it is triggered only people in the group of the instance creator are eligable to capture it.

This way party play would not be punished (except the rare circumstances where you would join just the second a beast is tagged) and trading beasts would be impossible.

edit: typos
The Bestiary league proved once and for all, that GGG only listens to crying instead of well thought out criticism.
Last edited by Temeritas on Feb 23, 2018, 4:28:17 PM
"
Heli0nix wrote:
What's the point of judging content before trying it ? I really don't get it.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
The league sounds like it could be a really cool new thing to mess around with.

Sheewt! I can't wait to get up early, run over to Professor Oak's lab, get my first Pikagem and pokenets!
When you claim to speak for everyone but are only really speaking for yourself xD
IGN : Moogleinabox
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
Allowing David Brevik, someone who might fit in well with the corporate structure at GGG, but who has almost a 0% chance to add content the PoE playerbase wants to play, is a bad idea.

If David thinks a slow af Monster Hunter World was something a go-fast gotta kill 'em now could really be turned into, it just goes to show how little the designer of this Xpac knows games/gamers, and it's proof-positive GGG doesn't even play PoE.

Stop making opt-in content. Stop it. Like seriously. No more opt-in. Make all rules-sets auto-engage with the player, whether they like it or not. Then you won't need to deal with mechanic fatigue since people won't even differentiate between the xpac and the core game, they will be indistinguishable.

Like let's start with Monster Hun.... er Bestiary. If tiered nets is a good idea (it isn't), then how about applying that rules set to world drops like currency and equipable items? So, not only do you get currency, but they upgrade to better currency later on? And items are the shit you get from bestiaried creatures, so instead of wasting time on bestiary slowing you down, the items you are already picking up in an item-acquisition game upgrade at the corral?

Stop making opt-in content. It necessitates the ploys and gimmicks that must be added to prevent mechanic fatigue. Which wastes dev and design time, and is constraining.

Disagree.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
"
Temeritas wrote:
To be honest, in my opinion this league doesn't go far enough.

The net/catch system will probably be a bit tedious, but i will cope with it i think.

What i hoped for is the inability to trade the "league mechanics", so that you would have to actually play the new content if you want to use any of the powerful recipes. Opening up an other way to play thas is not optimized by just farming as much currency/min as possible and buying everything you want.

But i assume the zoom zoom players would have had a mental breakdown if that were to happen, so GGG avoided it.

That would make it too much like the lab. GGG wouldn't dare make that mistake again. They learned their lesson.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
The league is going to be extremely fun.
Honestly.
People can't see FUN CONTENT when it's right in front of their noses sometimes, all I got from your post OP is that you have a problem, but even you don't know what the problem is lol
Last edited by Acaste7 on Feb 24, 2018, 2:31:46 AM
He's been making stink bombs sense they failed to make D3, and Blizzard had to fire them, even though allot of them were friends with Blizzard south, torchlight is bad, hellgate is bad, his new phone game is bad. D2 ruined his career, he's been trying his whole life to make games like D2 but different. But when you try to make a game so different from a game that is so good, you end up with torchlight, a bad game, and now beastiatilty league, has he desperatly tries to distance this game from D2, like he has done in career, living in D2's monolithic shadow.
Meta = cattle

-ty men
Last edited by I0wa on Feb 24, 2018, 3:38:19 AM
Sorry, this just seems like straight whining. You definitely seem to be in the minority here with your opinions on this upcoming league based on everything I had read. I am very excited about this content and cannot wait.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info