PoE_Meta

I agree to RaizQT according the end game

Look from 20:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1j-Bckg8FM

PoE needs something where you need a little more your brain rather than doing everything faster and faster
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2018, 12:57:36 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
ProjectPT junior here
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
ProjectPT junior here

Kinda agree. The game has been out for 5+ years now and most streamers are playing this shit all day every day. They have mastered the game and are burning out/bored. The game is still challenging and I am reminded of that every day because i haven't made the same build twice. This game has huge challenge if you dont pick the most powerful combinations of uniques and skills.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
nah it is fine as is. Finally got the game to the point where a player can ignore all the enemy mechanics and only engage with the loot on the ground. it is fine as is.

If you want to engage with shit and "think" or even try to get into some "serious" combat you would have to do one or some of the following:

1. Play melee (what kind of slack jawed psycho would do that? melee is ass in this game and melee actually has to engage with enemy mechanics it is better to ignore them all together also good luck hitting anything with the wonky ass targeting. Alternatively you can play "melee" where you are actually play range or totems but there is a melee tag so it is close enough. Although that might put you back into the same situation before as you wipe out everything and do not engage with nothing.)

2. Actually kill bosses (only the ones with phases because then the fights actually last longer. If you fight the ones without phases they might die within seconds. I know I know the loot sucks and the bosses can only really hurt melee builds but they offer something more than the mobs do. whatever that is i do not know right now)

3. Play SSF (it is actually really good...ish)

4. Play minion builds (other than SRS also good luck with the wonky minion AI)

5. Wait for mobs to come to you then attack (very slow progress the enemy AI is just as bad as the minion AI)

6. Play the rubber chicken build (bet you did not see that coming)

7. Play Grim Dawn or Torchlight or Wolcen or Titan Quest or some other ARPG (you can leave now but you will be back. They always come back)

8. Wait for 4.0 when the eagles arrive and fix everything

9. Play unique/silly builds (results vary)

10. Play hardcore without instant logout (what kind of slack jawed psycho plays hardcore without instant logout? that is the same as being slacked jawed enough to play melee.)

11. Only do lab runs (running lab requires "stuff" so yeah just run the lab)

You got plenty of options just do one or some of those and the game will get more "engaging." Also smile more this is POE for fucks sake.
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
Gotta love it when the only argument left is “play SSF”.

The buff for pathfinder really does set the tone of how GGG wants this game to go. It’s unfortunate.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Finally this starts happening. I know Ziz won't open his mouth coz he loves that shit.
I get a lot of remarks from a near-endless amount of casual douchebags when I bring up pvp balance, but I really do feel it’s the best way to balance PoE; meta cheese builds wouldn’t be allowed to exist, things unfair against players would be deemed too powerful in pve and would nerfed as needed, players would require more input than mashing 12345 and mouse2, etc.

Xbox balance was an awful idea.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
ProjectPT junior here

People looking for challenge in a game initially advertised as hardcore.

imagine that? Ludicrous notion right there.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
https://www.pathofexile.com/game

"
pathofexile wrote:
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is designed around a strong online item economy, deep character customisation, competitive PvP and ladder races. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win".

it says it, it must be true!

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
TBO i kind of a agree on his last point about having to think. But the issue at hand is just knowing the game to much in terms of monster behavior and mechanics. That's why it is boring.

I would rather have them redo the Monster AI completely. Instead of having monsters run straight at you. They should be more evasive, more cautious. Give them some movement skills to get close to you and mess you up. Even an awareness AI to the environment to allow them to group up with other monsters than strike would be something interesting.

Like leap slam for all the spiders. Whirling blades for all the cannibals. Maybe even a flee mechanic when they are on low life perhaps like smoke mines or lightning warp based on monster type and theme.

I hope they don't buff monster stats again. At some point it will just be black and white to the point where you either die in 1 hit or survive and keep nuking the screen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info