PoE_Meta

For monsters to be formidable. Should we drop the global base damage 40% overall

but make them: move, attack, cast, and think faster and smarter?

This would have to be thematic to certain monster types though. Zombies, slow dumb tanky and hard hitting. Cannibals fast, smart agile and glassy.
"
Theporter wrote:
TBO i kind of a agree on his last point about having to think. But the issue at hand is just knowing the game to much in terms of monster behavior and mechanics. That's why it is boring.

I would rather have them redo the Monster AI completely. Instead of having monsters run straight at you. They should be more evasive, more cautious. Give them some movement skills to get close to you and mess you up. Even an awareness AI to the environment to allow them to group up with other monsters than strike would be something interesting.

Like leap slam for all the spiders. Whirling blades for all the cannibals. Maybe even a flee mechanic when they are on low life perhaps like smoke mines or lightning warp based on monster type and theme.

I hope they don't buff monster stats again. At some point it will just be black and white to the point where you either die in 1 hit or survive and keep nuking the screen.

I agree the monster AI is one very good approach to address this problem. The last AI they improved, as far as I know, are some minion behaviour (zombies, skeletons etc.).
"
Wp_blitzi wrote:
I agree to RaizQT according the end game

Look from 20:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1j-Bckg8FM

PoE needs something where you need a little more your brain rather than doing everything faster and faster

He is contributing to that you know, not like he's playing a balanced non-meta build or something, he's using the most broken shit he could use. PoE is about efficiency, and efficiency is defined by time/resources spent and goal achieved, so yeah PoE IS about speed.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
IIPheXII wrote:
"
Wp_blitzi wrote:

PoE needs something where you need a little more your brain rather than doing everything faster and faster

He is contributing to that you know, not like he's playing a balanced non-meta build or something, he's using the most broken shit he could use. PoE is about efficiency, and efficiency is defined by time/resources spent and goal achieved, so yeah PoE IS about speed.

And what does it tell us if even players with most broken builds want to have the meta changed?
Yea, I mean it's not hard to tell he's doing those batshit meta builds to showcase what exactly shouldn't be possible.
The game should be more engaging, none of this auto-movement, auto-target, game-plays-itself bullshit.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
"
ProjectPT junior here

Kinda agree. The game has been out for 5+ years now and most streamers are playing this shit all day every day. They have mastered the game and are burning out/bored. The game is still challenging and I am reminded of that every day because i haven't made the same build twice. This game has huge challenge if you dont pick the most powerful combinations of uniques and skills.

I agree. I know myself as well that the shield charge abyss helmet shaped maps farming is easy money and levels but it's essentially ruining the game for you. I've tried myself as well to play 60 EX budget MF Windripper build for Spider Forest and I legitimately quit the game within 2 days and didn't even feel the slightest urge to play PoE for 2 months.
It's equivalent to running lab for me. Even if it would make double of what it does right now, I wouldn't do it and wouldn't care what others do as long as I can have my own fun.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
yea game is ded. When people are forced to do like 50 toons for each "meta" build. And their hardcore game promoter like ZiggyD rather play another game. All you have left is Mathu and all these 5000 ex egghead players who do like these 500+ exalt builds. Also 0 community interactions besides trading. No "help" me do this unique quest besides helping the occasional noob on the global chat. Population went from 40K players to 5K and whiteknights are okay with that. That's seriously something wrong.
"
Wp_blitzi wrote:
"
IIPheXII wrote:
"
Wp_blitzi wrote:

And what does it tell us if even players with most broken builds want to have the meta changed?

Nothing. It's his choice to play whatever builds he plays.
"
Maoday wrote:
yea game is ded. When people are forced to do like 50 toons for each "meta" build. And their hardcore game promoter like ZiggyD rather play another game. All you have left is Mathu and all these 5000 ex egghead players who do like these 500+ exalt builds. Also 0 community interactions besides trading. No "help" me do this unique quest besides helping the occasional noob on the global chat. Population went from 40K players to 5K and whiteknights are okay with that. That's seriously something wrong.

You know, there are ~10exa-budget builds, that oneshot all mobs too.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info