Katastruff wrote:
So the forum is getting nerfed ?

O.o

Hehe :)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
"
Boem wrote:
Does this mean threads will be completely deleted in the future?

What i mean is, currently all the "this has no category" post's get moved to OT as a final resting place, but if that get's deleted they will have no place to be moved to.

I reckon that was the original goal of OT's creation before it turned into a political fest warranting moderation.

Sort of curious what will replace that.

Peace,

-Boem-

If the posting guidelines are clear enough, why shouldn't threads outside those guidelines be deleted? Everything has its place, but that place doesn't have to be this place.

You're looking at thread deletion any way this goes. If they implement 'posting guidelines' for Off-Topic, then anything posted there outside those will be deleted. If they remove OT altogether, then anything deemed OT will be deleted. It's all just a matter of degrees. The argument isn't whether or not certain threads will be deleted. The argument is whether or not they should have been posted in the first place. And people can cry 'but my free speech!' all they want. Just not here. Not on a privately run and moderated forum for a computer game which provides more than enough material for discussion in and of itself.

yeah i'm just more in favor of harsh guide-lines leaving the place open to people who wanna discuss the beautiful summer weather or that olive tree they planted last year.

Or some cool movie,anime,book etc....

I'm just wondering if people wont simply take over general discussion and increase support necessity in other places due to misbehavior or simply spamming non-PoE related topics in whatever new sub-forum they deem suited for it.

Personally i'm a fan of the anime thread in OT for example since it gave me a lot of tips on anime i wouldn't have checked if not mentioned in there.
So i would be reluctant to see it go based on the misconduct of people not-related to that topic.

Not gonna waste sleep on this, ultimately GGG decides and we deal with the cards given.
If they deem it to high maintenance then that's it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
I just don't think it's realistic at this point. Not organically. Not naturally. It'd be a sugar-coated fairyland with something seething just under the surface. At the very least certain recidivists would have to be probated almost permanently and I don't think their right to post on a PoE forum should be restricted by how they behave when talking about non-PoE things.

Hm. Would be neat if bans could be doled out on a per-subforum basis.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
I just don't think it's realistic at this point. Not organically. Not naturally. It'd be a sugar-coated fairyland with something seething just under the surface. At the very least certain recidivists would have to be probated almost permanently and I don't think their right to post on a PoE forum should be restricted by how they behave when talking about non-PoE things.

Hm. Would be neat if bans could be doled out on a per-subforum basis.

An interesting ideal, but one that could lead to even more fractious fracturing...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Boem wrote:

Personally i'm a fan of the anime thread in OT for example since it gave me a lot of tips on anime i wouldn't have checked if not mentioned in there.

Nothing an occasional scan of MyAnimeList, ANN and the anime subreddit wouldn't give you...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
Boem wrote:

Nothing an occasional scan of MyAnimeList, ANN and the anime subreddit wouldn't give you...

Probably, but believe it or not, PoE is the only online forum i visit.

And i'm not gonna change my habits because of this, just mentioning that there are upsides to having an OT.
I very much had a good experience in OT, though i think we can both agree more in the past OT then it's current form, but it still has some charm even if it requires weeding in the dirt a bit.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Will i get an appology for everytime my threads have been wrongly moved because they werent considered in the proper forum ? aka: We dont want the community's attention on those issues

Im a visionary and got punished for this

They should just make a new forum section just for you, call it trash and leave it at the very bottom of the list.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 20, 2018, 4:42:53 AM
Every time I post in OT now feels a bit closer to the last, and it's got me feeling all fond and nostalgic. I almost like that place again. The fact that I have half of the regulars blocked with a third party script probably helps.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 20, 2018, 8:12:40 AM
- edited -
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 20, 2018, 8:08:46 AM
edit: told you so.

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 20, 2018, 8:12:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info