spectral shield throw

hits can't be evaded from tempestuous steel wouldn't apply to the shield, it's for attacks with that weapon. Same with the penetration, though the phys as lightning/fire will work.

Ewar's would be a damn good choice though, probably the best unique for it. That plus gloomfang, maybe with deadeye would be sexy af (assuming deadeye keeps access to +1 chain).
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 16, 2018, 7:44:29 PM
Best weapon would be some Elder stick with as many physical added as elemental mods as possible.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
Best weapon would be some Elder stick with as many physical added as elemental mods as possible.

operating under the assumption those don't get nerfed... cuz yeah, they certainly deserve it, they make both 2handers and melee weapon skills that can't statstick virtually obsolete.
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 16, 2018, 7:49:26 PM
"
Shppy wrote:
hits can't be evaded from tempestuous steel wouldn't apply to the shield, it's for attacks with that weapon. Same with the penetration, though the phys as lightning/fire will work.

Ewar's would be a damn good choice though, probably the best unique for it. That plus gloomfang, maybe with deadeye would be sexy af (assuming deadeye keeps access to +1 chain).

the 30% pen is local to tempestuous steel, hits can't be evaded works for anything (its why everyone uses it as offhand to level sunder with, 15% fire 15% light 100% hit chance)
hits cant be evaded is a local stat, it will only apply to attacks with tempestuous steel. Flat accuracy on a weapon is local too.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

the 30% pen is local to tempestuous steel, hits can't be evaded works for anything (its why everyone uses it as offhand to level sunder with, 15% fire 15% light 100% hit chance)

No, it doesn't. Doesn't take much testing to see it either. People use it because 15% phys as added light and fire is nice. Or because they're ignorant. Or both.

(BTW the Princess can give up to 30% phys as added cold. It does come with the downside of inc damage taken from ghosts or w/e, but cold is more useful so personally i'd opt for that)

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
hits cant be evaded is a local stat, it will only apply to attacks with tempestuous steel. Flat accuracy on a weapon is local too.

Now this is a weird one. Accuracy implicits, whether flat or percentage, are local. And from my own testing flat accuracy rolls from magic/rare weapons are local.

But the weird thing is: flat accuracy rolls on unique weapons appear to be global.

I noticed this way way back with Rigwald's Command; I saw the flat accuracy was also helping the Rigwald's Savagery I had in my other had (but not the implicit accuracy). So for a while I assumed flat accuracy explicits were global. But then I saw that equipping a rare offhand with a flat accuracy roll didn't help my mainhand accuracy, and was confused. So then to test stuff I equipped a unique weapon with accuracy (Piscator's) and a rare with accuracy, and played around with them. The accuracy from piscator's helped both. The accuracy from the rare wand only helped itself.

Very strange. Probably a bug. Suppose I ought to report it at some point.
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 16, 2018, 8:31:46 PM
Still mentioning Gladiator with explosions for clear and easy max block with advancing fortress :)
(maybe more of an SSF approach tho)
"
Mythabril wrote:

That's what I'm afraid of. Is Shield Throw is balanced around those items, then builds are going to be super expensive. Those multiple ele conversion weapons are worth a mirror. On top of that, high armor shields price will probably skyrocket in this league.

Shadow masterrace.
Last edited by TobbeLOL on Feb 17, 2018, 6:56:04 AM
Watching video again i fear this still will be bad for both single target or clear speed.

After it colides it just turns into an ethereal knives ring, with no pierce.

No multstrike or spell echoo, no gmp, no shotgun...

For this to work have to get a real good flat damage on level 20 gem.
Last edited by HoockBr on Feb 17, 2018, 7:08:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info