Supporting GGG and PoE, but not necessarily Bestiary Leaguespansion

so it's not right to kill critters but people dying and being rapeslaughtered is A-OK, well, either everyone gets it, or no one does.
The beasts we captured are obviously not 'natural'. It's stated in Act 1 or 2 that the "wild-life is strange". And you can see that when ALL the animals/beasts only attack YOU and not other humans/demonspawn/wild-life. I'm not sure how you are seeing it as 'innocent' creatures... They are more or less the equivalent of the other miscreants and whatnot.

If you want to talk about sacrificing... well, sacrificing beasts to gain power is not nearly as sacrilegious as sacrificing Gods.

Finally, many of the unique items in the game already point to us that Wraeclast is a place where we literally wear dead people's skins/bones (Doedre's skin, Carcass Jack, Monte'grul's Grasp, Midnight Bargain, Headhunter's). Let's be real, we killed Doedre, our exile probably skinned her right after. In such a world where we kill Oriathian women, Slaves, Priests and where grave-digging and the desecration of dead bodies is more or less common... Sacrificing beasts to some voodoo god for instant power seems pretty normal.
I wonder if I'll ever read a charan post that doesn't make me cringe. That day may come, but it is not this day.
"
I wonder if I'll ever read a charan post that doesn't make me cringe. That day may come, but it is not this day.

I dunno man, I was bickering with him few years back and now I'm starting to like his style more. Maybe he changed, maybe I grew up. Or maybe we both changed a bit. He seems more humble to me these days...

And I agree with his post on this subject, well put.

The only thing that I would like to add is the "roadkill collections" .... especially for shattered corpses... its beyond "non lore friendly". Its just silly. But hey a lot of content, they felt rushed I kinda get it, but could of been executed lil differently.
"

To paraphrase Vilenta, don't say I didn't tell you so.

I feel pretty bad for GGG that this obviously high-effort leaguespansion has blown up in their faces (needing a poll for a crucial post-release change...really?), but the writing was all over the walls.

Ironically had they gone with 'kill special beasts, capture their corpses, raise them, fight them and use their bits to craft shit' as the league premise I'd have been all for it. That sounds much more in-line with the Wraeclast I've known and loved for the past 6 years than this poorly conceived mess.

Anyway, back to Wolcenframe. :)

Ok the similarities are scaring me a bit now

Edit: Double post appology
Last edited by AintCare on Mar 5, 2018, 8:52:23 PM
-
Last edited by Some_Day on Mar 5, 2018, 9:09:15 PM
So let me get this straight. (In a Video Game) It is A-OK to run around killing Hundreds of Thousands of creatures and people mostly with the intent of powering yourself up and stealing items from your slaughtered victims corpses, but hunting/capturing creatures to later sacrifice for the same reasons becomes a bit dark for ya?

I am interpreting this correctly yes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info