Supporting GGG and PoE, but not necessarily Bestiary Leaguespansion

"

To paraphrase Vilenta, don't say I didn't tell you so.

I feel pretty bad for GGG that this obviously high-effort leaguespansion has blown up in their faces (needing a poll for a crucial post-release change...really?), but the writing was all over the walls.

Ironically had they gone with 'kill special beasts, capture their corpses, raise them, fight them and use their bits to craft shit' as the league premise I'd have been all for it. That sounds much more in-line with the Wraeclast I've known and loved for the past 6 years than this poorly conceived mess.

Anyway, back to Wolcenframe. :)

This it exactly. The /ENTIRE/ fiasco would have be avoided if those in power at GGG had listened to all the feedback they got before the league even started. But no, they have to maintain their 'vision'. Hate to tell them, but Diablo 2 is 18 years old now. Their vision is archaic and outdated, time to get with the current year. Among other things actually listening when a very large number of players tells them something is bad. (Before the whole thing blows up, like it just did here.)

To butcher a quote : Times have changed, old man.

Hell, with how much they love inventory management, they could have just thrown the net idea aside and had any Beastiary mob drop 2x2 size unstackable crafting components. There done. Now everyone can kill and be happy and there is a decision to be made if you want to gather bulky crafting stuff or just leave it and save trips to town.
Last edited by Xasuliz on Mar 5, 2018, 1:39:02 PM
"
Ironically had they gone with 'kill special beasts, capture their corpses, raise them, fight them and use their bits to craft shit' as the league premise I'd have been all for it. That sounds much more in-line with the Wraeclast I've known and loved for the past 6 years than this poorly conceived mess.

I question this. Why would gods want your unused bits of some, most likely, unhealthy animals. You need to feed them and make them stronger and unblemished so they are a proper sacrifice when you cut them up. At least that is what I remember from the bible.

Anyway, anything that slow down the speed meta amuses me. After they got fated unique prophecy frequencies reduced in Prophecy and some asshat told me to trade for them, they can all suck it.
OP has to be trolling.

If not... wow..
Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
"
FarmerTed wrote:
"

I question this. Why would gods want your unused bits of some, most likely, unhealthy animals. You need to feed them and make them stronger and unblemished so they are a proper sacrifice when you cut them up. At least that is what I remember from the bible.

There are other Gods. Greek and Roman sacrifices were a bit more like it. Although the beasts were usually (whatever you could afford) good stock, what the Gods got from them were all the bits you wouldn't eat. The good meat was for the attendees to eat.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
FarmerTed wrote:
"

There are other Gods. Greek and Roman sacrifices were a bit more like it. Although the beasts were usually (whatever you could afford) good stock, what the Gods got from them were all the bits you wouldn't eat. The good meat was for the attendees to eat.

That is probably why they are dead and gone. :)
I'm very much against animal cruelty.

I'm also very much not giving a hoot about the terrible things I do in this video game.

Honestly, applying your real-life morals and ethics to an imaginary environment where those things have zero consequence and relevance is silly.

Also, on top of that, it's a ROLE PLAYING game.

In a game where titty shooters exist, killing make believe pixel beasts is too far.
This thread is beyond silly.
So understanding the OP correctly, it's perfectly alright to farm a giant repeatedly where unless he's Uber is basically pitiful and almost totally harmless to most players in this game unless you're a new player.

On the other hand, it's not fine to go and capture beasts that have possession of their faculties and repeatedly try to kill you in painful gruesome ways and sometimes succeed all to well.
I see the culture of outrage is alive and well...

To GGG: Please don't change the game to adhere to SJWs. Sincerely: Someone who loves videogames and doesn't go torturing animals IRL just because I can throw a net at pixels in a game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info