Where are the Ascendency changes?

"
well it's 50% atk speed and movespeed (hello clear meta)

you can offset it with leech and life regen with decent gear and just absolutely ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM through maps like a madman. RIP ascendencies that don't get increased MS.

That's the problem, though, as I see it. If you're degen-ing 10% of your max life every second, that means you're spending half of the leech cap just to break even, on a class designed around surviving purely through leech. That more or less mandates vaal pact, which means for the 25 seconds it takes to finish draining your rage you're just bleeding out nonstop because you can't use regen to counteract it.
I think the life of the berserker will be « reserved » like midnight bargain.
looks like chieftain got a nice boost but to be honest i am disapointed they didnt create a blood magic related keystone, rather than tossing the 10% increased str to hinekora it would have been better to keep tawhoa forest strength and from it branch this new BM keystone.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
"
Am I the only one that thinks this will make berserker unplayable? Unless I'm doing this math badly 10% unmitigatable max life lost per second is HUGE. So the only option for berserker is slow-clearing to keep rage from capping out, i.e. not even being the berserker anymore and being bad at the fast-clear meta that is all ARPGs?

I know I have to be misreading this somehow, right? Someone please help me because I don't understand how playing berserker is even possible like that...

well it's 50% atk speed and movespeed (hello clear meta)

you can offset it with leech and life regen with decent gear and just absolutely ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM through maps like a madman. RIP ascendencies that don't get increased MS.

also it just seems amazing for cyclone because of lgoh with insane amounts of move/atk speed

I think you need to read a bit more carefully.

Its 1% attack speed per 2 Rage, and 1% Move Speed per 5 Rage.
That means it caps out at 25% attack speed and a piddly 10% move speed.
That worth 10% negative health Regen? Doesn't feel like it to me.
I too am greatly concerned that the Rage Mechanic may make Beserker neigh uplayable.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Feb 15, 2018, 11:42:08 PM
Crave the slaughter, rite of ruin, war bringer.

lose 0.2% per rage lost each

= 0.6% / rage

Rite of Ruin doubles rage effect.

= 1.2% / rage

with 50 rage to 0 over 4 seconds thats 60% per second.

Have fun your not mitigating that. 10% is nothing.

Cheers,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
essemoni wrote:
Crave the slaughter, rite of ruin, war bringer.

lose 0.2% per rage lost each
Grey text just explains what a mechanic is, it's not a bonus itself, so it doesn't make it stack up three times like this.
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:

I too am greatly concerned that the Rage Mechanic may make Beserker neigh uplayable.

+1
Even the 4% loss per second while blood rage is active can be hard to cope with when you are cursed with vulnerability and have no life regen due to vaal pact.
10% loss per second seems really too much and in addition to blood rage it will become totally unplayable.
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:

I think you need to read a bit more carefully.

Its 1% attack speed per 2 Rage, and 1% Move Speed per 5 Rage.
That means it caps out at 25% attack speed and a piddly 10% move speed.
That worth 10% negative health Regen? Doesn't feel like it to me.

Ya i was jumping on it too fast.

So you get 25% atk speed, 10% ms, and 50% increased (not more?) atk damage at 50 stacks, while having 20% of your life as degen.

Seems really bad, like if you look at the old nodes you would of gotten this pretty much on hit or not being hit recently for free. This is risk-reward done completely wrong imo, just too much risk for not a whole lot of reward. Unless rite of ruin doesn't increase the degen, but then it has a problem of being a must grab node which is why the revamped these in the first place?
I look forward to seeing the final ones. I do hope the build is viable.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info