3.2 League Speculations (Win a Albino Rhoa Feather!)

Hey, i would like to read some speculations about the 3.2 League until the announcement.

To lure you into this i offer a Albino Rhoa Feather

The winner will be the first one who realy nailed it.

Ror the case of editet posts, the date of the last edit counts.

For the case that no one realy names it, i keep my feather :P

(sorry, but i dont want to read backbone discriptions of the strongbox mechanic or lamentations about the joy of collecting splinters and never visiting rare bosses)

give names to the things and paint out your vision.

Chris Willson crypt: "I wanted to give a cryptic hint about the upcoming league, but couldn't really find a way to capture it in one sentence. Maybe I need a better net."

what i was thinking so far:

Spoiler
".net" is a "top-level-domain".

what makes a net a better net?
- its more usefull for whatever i want to do with it than whatever other net i refer to.

what is the named use of the net?
- finding a way ("couldn't really find a way")
- capture something ("capture it")

a other word behind "net" is network.
those can help with all kind of things. finding ways and words.

"capture it in one sentence"
- capture is a synonyme for dicription
- sentence is synonyme for strike/aktion/step
(at least in german "satz/sentence" can be used as a movmend discription.
for example: "... und mit einem großen satz hatte er nun das rinnsal überquert.")

possible conclusions i can see:
a)chris has wordfinding problems.
b)chris made a fishing pun.
c) the upcoming league has community/networking theme, driven be the search&hunt for something.

best wishes.
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Last edited by kobrakhan on Feb 15, 2018, 7:36:13 AM
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2018, 1:01:13 AM
"Capturing" sth in a "net" could mean:

- we finally get fishing in the game (pretty unlikely and wouldnt make a whole league!)
- it will be some kind of arachnid league where the nets come in... capturing exiles in nets. I hate spiders and hope this isnt the case.
- some Arena mode with gladiators and... throwing nets? Fighting wave after wave of harder enemies. I would really appreciate this. It failed in D3, though, to a certain degree.
Last edited by IamLoco on Feb 15, 2018, 7:38:23 AM
No idea what the name of the next league is.

But my guess is it's going to include new Gods. Chris mentioned something about new quests. And what do we do with Gods, exiles? We capture their souls, of course.

Maybe we'll face Prospero, the Ezomyte God of the underworld? Or the Karui Goddess of Death? Perhaps we'll finally meet her and kill her for giving us all the useless prophecies we hate.

Maybe we'll face any of the other many Ezomyte Gods/Goddesses, the Primal Ones that Rigwald worshipped and called to?

What about the Harbinger league? Our community did a lot of work to translate their language. And it was mentioned that they were sent by some God of Domination. What if this is a return to that mechanic, and we'll face their maker?

/shrug

Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Feb 15, 2018, 7:40:47 AM
Guessing one of the new missions contains a mini fishing game
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
couldn't find anything net related in "The List"

but I'd like to have a Requiem league.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Feb 15, 2018, 8:02:08 AM
It may be Chris trolling, but I have thought differently.

Perhaps it has to do with some kind of bounty hunting? Maybe you literally have to catch certain monsters/bosses and/or animals that spawn and turn them in for special rewards? That would be a cool way of giving players an incentive to clear the "boring" areas in the game :-)
Fetch quests become really boring really quickly.
Destruction-bent cryptids emerging from a skynet type organization of thaumaturges.

There’s now little fishing ponds scattered throughout the game. Fishes caught act like D2 charms in your inventory. There’s now a 0.1% chance of a unique trout jewel.
"Revenge" league.
Killed enemies ( esp. bosses)try to take revenge on us, we have to kill them when we encounter them but, in order to really stop this revenge, we have to find out who is really behind it all - the Karui Goddess of Death.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Feb 15, 2018, 8:51:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info