[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
KooperT wrote:

But with 25+ exalts into a build, I would expect it to demolish everything in at least T10-ish maps.

While most trash (whites/blues) die very quickly, I am STRUGGLING to clear even T10 incursions. Stuff like the rare incursion mobs, or the architect, simply take way too long to kill; I just run out of time even trying. Even map bosses take way longer than I am accustomed to.

Meanwhile, an attack-based build with just 4-5 exalts invested can blow through trash/maps, and even down bosses quick (if you're using some OP skills like molten strike or bladeflurry).

So I take it these builds are just meant to have extremely high EHP, at the cost of doing terrible damage?

(Not to mention, I just feel so... slow. No attack speed shield charge is pretty horrendous.)

As far as I can see you did not spec into Elemental Overload, that alone will incrase your damage by alot. This plus an Orb of Storms setup should help you on Architects / bosses atleast. You invitested alot into items that are realy nice, but those items eventually wont help you increase your DPS, your RF scales with your HP and jewels wich you dont seem to have any at this moment.
All I can tell you is that damage / speed will obviously never be as good as Wander / Bf characters but it is mainly to be safe. Dreadbeak increases Mapping speed by quite abit, but it comes with a damage tradeoff at lower levels.
https://pastebin.com/0SibbR0F

im having issues facetanking phoenix(he absolutely shreds me!
cant tank shaper beam or orbs either XD

please help

the phoenix's are killing me not the boss himself they hurt me so badly...
Last edited by DeathMedlc on Jun 19, 2018, 1:58:32 AM
"
DeathMedlc wrote:

please help

Yeah, I believe the pheonix fight reduces your fire resist as the fight progresses. This is obvisously pretty dangerous for RF builds. What you can do is simply disable your RF and kill him with scorching ray instead. It will certainly take longer, but should be quite a bit safer.

As for shaper orbs, they are pretty strong, i think they pierce your cold res, so watch out for them regardless of build. And one thing I noticed about this build is that it has a very high eHP pool, but relatively low regeneration, so I wouldn't really expect to be able to tank the shaper beam. An RF juggernaut might, but will be a much more expensive build.
"
MrChubms wrote:
"
DeathMedlc wrote:

please help

Yeah, I believe the pheonix fight reduces your fire resist as the fight progresses. This is obvisously pretty dangerous for RF builds. What you can do is simply disable your RF and kill him with scorching ray instead. It will certainly take longer, but should be quite a bit safer.

As for shaper orbs, they are pretty strong, i think they pierce your cold res, so watch out for them regardless of build. And one thing I noticed about this build is that it has a very high eHP pool, but relatively low regeneration, so I wouldn't really expect to be able to tank the shaper beam. An RF juggernaut might, but will be a much more expensive build.

yeah but if you watch the build guide videos he facetanks all of it multiple times XD my gear is on par with his im just missing the 4 lvls
"
DeathMedlc wrote:

yeah but if you watch the build guide videos he facetanks all of it multiple times XD my gear is on par with his im just missing the 4 lvls

If the pob you linked is accurate. Then you are only sitting at 55% lightning res while it should be above 80. Shaper beams deals damage of all 3 elements with lightning being the highest.

The thing the Phoenix Guardian is that he is only as hard as you make him. The video that is postet in the OP is a very "chill" map with very little damage mods. But the main focus on this encounter should be to always pop your Ruby flask as soon as he puts the dot from the explosion on you (When he starts channeling you pop it) While you facetank him you can just spin around in a circle and kill of the Phoenixes with your SR. If you run out of Ruby flask charges just fill them back up in town quick.

Regarding the gear: You are missing alot of regen. Your net life regen on consecrated ground is only at 1547, without you would be at 523. I for example have 3506 on consecrated ground and 2218 without.
Last edited by maus3r on Jun 19, 2018, 11:29:57 AM
"
maus3r wrote:
If the pob you linked is accurate. Then you are only sitting at 55% lightning res while it should be above 80. Shaper beams deals damage of all 3 elements with lightning being the highest.

The thing the Phoenix Guardian is that he is only as hard as you make him. The video that is postet in the OP is a very "chill" map with very little damage mods. But the main focus on this encounter should be to always pop your Ruby flask as soon as he puts the dot from the explosion on you (When he starts channeling you pop it) While you facetank him you can just spin around in a circle and kill of the Phoenixes with your SR. If you run out of Ruby flask charges just fill them back up in town quick.

Regarding the gear: You are missing alot of regen. Your net life regen on consecrated ground is only at 1547, without you would be at 523. I for example have 3506 on consecrated ground and 2218 without.

Few things :
- This 55% light res is explainable because he is playing with Impurity of Light and forget to check mark the "enable Purity of Light" in Skill sheet on his PoB. If you enable Purity of Light, then he should be at 81 max light res with 28% overcaped light res.
- The comparaison of your respective regen are falls because you does not check marked the same buffs in PoB.
With consecrated ground he does not have 1547 positive regen. This number is with the boots enchant buff up, and while under the Ruby flask effect. If you add the Consecrated ground buff his regen is 2276. So it's not a 3506 regen vs 1547 but a 3506 regen vs 2276 regen.

At the same time, I would highly suggest to not overlook the buffed stats. Most of buffs for regen that we can see in PoB aren't perma buff. In fight it's realy hard to have all the buff up at the same time. And even if we do, it's for a short periode of time, like 4-6 sec.
And we should keep in mind that most end game boss are instancied, so it's mostly impossible for this build to blast them in les than 15-20sec, just because of the instances. So considering this, all those buffs looks more or less like bullshit buffs, just because we cannot stay under them for the whole fight.
Yeah they show us realy high numbers, but if we can't maintain them for a whole fight, then it's just bullshit only good for build showcase in order to trick most player that discover the build.
With this build, it's hard to have over than 1000 positive raw regen cf PoB. And here I'm talking about the regen you have in your HO (cf PoB). This mean you need an extremly high level of stuff and to be over lvl 95.
500 positive raw regen cf PoB in HO situation is normaly the point were this build start to be realy confortable in terme of survivability. But this need a lvl 90+, with a certain level of stuff, and an optimized tree.

And I would agree with one thing. If we look at his raw regen (just as if he was in his HO), he only have something like 310 positive regen. At level 94 it's realy low imo. And he should look for a more optimized tree on the ground of the regen.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jun 20, 2018, 3:41:01 AM
Nice build , i go to exp!
5 Эмблем Сервис - 4 Divine Orb/Capped Loot!!!
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ltt26905/characters (RFYooooooo)
I have problem with ES regen, it degen to 50% and then regen to 80, degen to 40 and regen .... so on...
I take all the regen nodes , and the gear is right, dont know how, pls help :(
Last edited by ltt26905 on Jun 20, 2018, 12:21:39 AM
"
ltt26905 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ltt26905/characters (RFYooooooo)
I have problem with ES regen, it degen to 50% and then regen to 80, degen to 40 and regen .... so on...
I take all the regen nodes , and the gear is right, dont know how, pls help :(

Hello,

Classical things :
- you don't have purity of fire 21
- you don't have growth & decay node (huge regen)
- I would switch determination & vitality on your shield (more regen)

"
Zagumar wrote:

Hello,

Classical things :
- you don't have purity of fire 21
- you don't have growth & decay node (huge regen)
- I would switch determination & vitality on your shield (more regen)

Hi, Zagumar
Tk for ur help
I think the 1% maximum fire res is not that difference
I cant find G & D node @@!
If we switch the 2 gems, it ruins the aura system :(
Last edited by ltt26905 on Jun 20, 2018, 3:32:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info