[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
MidgetLove wrote:
"
TheAnderson wrote:
"
MidgetLove wrote:
still dying, I have gear that rivals the gods. What is the deal, slow DPS and my regen just screws me.

LoL. You don't using the core item of this build - Doon Suebiyari. And your helmet for this build is so bad. You have 50% physical reduction?)

Just see my gear and tree. On T16 map all around me dying in second. Just impossible to die.

My weapon does so much more damage than Doone, the helmet I even die when using memory vault.

Also why do we want so much mana regen? We have a little less than 100 mana with all the auras, seems like diminishing returns is pretty high with getting so much?

My gear.

There is many way to correct your build.

There is some mistakes in your gem setup.
You do not reserve all your life, and miss one Purity aura gem. This mean your gem setup is unbalanced and incomplet.
You should redo your gems setup in shield, gloves and boots. Try to do this :
- Prism Guardian : Purity of Fire, Determination, and as a thrid gem, you could sock Purity of Ice or Lightning, or Discipline.
- Shaper's Touch : Enlighten, Vitality, and 2 other aura left from Purity aura &/or Discipline ;
- Boots : Orb of stom, Crit strike gem, Arcane Surge, Clarity (level 1 is enought).
This should alow you to run 7 aura at the same time, and reserve almost all your life and mana.

In addition, 1-2 basic info :
- Quality on aura gems only give you a radius buff for the aura. You don't need this buff while your aura are cast under your ass, and you are not an aura bot.
- Mana regen is only usefull for sustaining the channeling cost of SR. Normaly, you should be able to sustain it with a Clarity lvl 1.
- Clarity have 2 missions : help you to sustain SR channeling cost, and gives you extra ES from the Watcher Eye with the Clarity mana to ES.
- You can keep Clarity lvl 1, this should be way enought for this build. Level it only if you have to much non reserved mana. Stop when leveling it fuck up with the mana cost of Shield Charge, Orb of storm and SR channeling.

At the moment you will be able to run 7 aura, and add Purity of Lightning to your aura setup, you should win a lot of tankiness. Note you will probably need a +1 Shaper's Touch corruption, or an Enlighten 4 for this.

At the same time, keep in mind on thing : you need some levels. Right now you are lvl 81. This build should start to be realy powerfull in the lvl 90+. You miss many ES nodes and potentaly some dps nodes (like Breath of Flame).

On the ground of your stuff You should works on your jewels. You should look for dual dmg affixes.
By the way, you rare circle was extremly good. I don't know if you need so much Memory Vault, but you probably lose a tone of RF dmg without it.
Question out of curiosity, do I need healthy mind if don't have clarity to max es watcher eye and sub it out for maybe the %es jewel?
"
ipeterx33 wrote:
Question out of curiosity, do I need healthy mind if don't have clarity to max es watcher eye and sub it out for maybe the %es jewel?

how about you test it in pob. takes 1 minute and we can't awnser it for you it depends on your level and other gear .... use whichever gives the most es
Last edited by Agita on Apr 13, 2018, 12:20:54 AM
"
ipeterx33 wrote:

The principe is simple :
1. We reserve most of our mana (and life) ;
2. Radian Faith = "Grants maximum Energy Shield equal to 15% of your Reserved Mana"
3. Healthy Mind, if placed correctly, will increase your max mana.

So in short : The more mana you have and the more mana you reserve, the more mana will be converted in ES because of your ascendency.

The Clarity Watcher Eye do exactly the same.

In this build, Healthy Mind will be usefull even if you don't have Watcher Eye.
My Bestiary Guardian is a fine example of this mecanics, if you are curious.
"
MidgetLove wrote:
still dying, I have gear that rivals the gods. What is the deal, slow DPS and my regen just screws me.

Imo you should go full es build with that scepter&helm. This one here build on str which Doon shines. So full es, craft an elder titanium shield with +2 max fire res w/ multi mod., drop the shaper gloves for es. Adjust your tree to deduct the armour/str nodes. Done. You should be smokin
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Apr 13, 2018, 4:28:47 PM
does anything speak against shapers touch with lvl 12 ele weakness and lvl 4 elighten over +1 shapers touch? I accidentally vaaled them

if yes am I right that i only proc it with shield charge and not with scorching ray?
"
widewhite wrote:
does anything speak against shapers touch with lvl 12 ele weakness and lvl 4 elighten over +1 shapers touch? I accidentally vaaled them

if yes am I right that i only proc it with shield charge and not with scorching ray?

It's "possible" to run EW corruption on gloves and play an Enlighten 4. But honestly it's just unaffordable.
We are playing Witchfire Brew, so we already have a curse : Despaire. EW in this situation will just fuck up with Despaire.

So to use correctly EW shaper's touch would imply having a source for adding an extra curse. And here there is 2 possibility :
- Spend 3 skill points in Whisper of Doom (a bit hard considering the tree we are playing) ;
- Geting the extra curse from an item. And the only playable solution would be a +1 curse amu ... which is, Presence of Chayula ... or, Astra, or a rare 80+str amu ...

So yeah. EW shaper's touch is a "possibility", but this possibility will cost at the very least, something like 20-40ex, and the price of this setup will skyrocket to over 230 ex if you aim for a Presence of Chayula +1 curse.
Hey thanks for the build! I really loved it also killed The Shaper for the first time with this build. Without a death when i learned the fight (i only spent one set for learning it :P ).

Even though i read a lot i still need assistance for my decisions so if you help me i will really appreciate it.

At this point i dont know how i can improve my gear.
My gear
Spoiler

I feel like i can change that Opal ring i crafted armour on. And i know i have to change my jewels as well. I just cant find anyone selling ones for my taste, and i am not sure if i should change my Watcher's Eye.

Right now, i am level 92, i have like 10.2k ES and except Phoenix i can pretty much kill/facetank anything i want in maps. I haven't tried Uber Atziri yet as i feel like i would just die to her mechanics and waste the set.

Edit: I can link my PoB if you want. Also should keep using my current helmet enchant or should i just try to get another one for RF or SR?
Last edited by kehihihi on Apr 13, 2018, 8:50:05 PM
Your Opal ring "Spirit Gear" have flat fire dmg. This affixe fuck up with EE every time you shield charge. You basicaly lower your dps each time you hit a mob with Shield Charge. Use an annulement on it, or sell it. But here, this ring is absolutly unusable in a RF setup.

You miss some str on your other Opal ring "Woe Grasp". Otherwise it's a cool ring.

Next upgrade will come from your jewels :
- Watcher Eye with Clarity Mana to ES buff with, if possible, a regen buff as a complement ;
- Rare jewel mixing : ES / 2 dmg buff (burning, global dmg, fire dmg, dot, aoe dmg) or armor / 2-3 dmg buffs.

Buy an other Memory Vault with nice roll and put your enchant on it. You will sell the Memory Vault you are playing latter on, when you will have a usefull enchant (SR dmg or RF dmg).
"
widewhite wrote:

just drop witchfire and play EW, it will be way more damage. You can proc EW with any skill that HITS ( just like EE ): shield charge/orb of storms .

But tbh if i accidentally corrupt my gloves with EW on hit i will sell it and buy myself a good elder jewel :3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info