[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
Mecielle wrote:
Well, of course everybody could change 15 passives around to path way out of the norm to get sustain and use 5 Healthy Mind instead of good jewels.

But if you ever revert to OP's pathing, you will have to get a regen Watchers Eye too, simple as that. Or make do with 100-150 unbuffed net regen.

Yet told others that it is totally easy to get 500 net regen. It isn't, you have to either invest a small amount of currency, or do what you are doing, path in a totally different way to get 83% fire res and more regen.

That is why I am very sure it will be a much more relaxed and safe playstyle to go for a regen Watchers Eye instead of a clarity mana to ES one. Except maybe vs Uber Elder, but who cares about that clusterfuck of a fight. Did it once on my MS Inquisitor, never again.

Also, you have been answering a lot of questions and giving advice and maybe overlooked me doing the same for the last few days. This is like my 20th RF build I have done in the last 4 years. I have 6000 hours played, you don't have to explain the very basics. I was just confused about your statement about how easy it was to sustain on this build.

I see what you are trying to point.
So, right here you have a 200+ raw positive regen life. I just removed items slot where OP and I use different items. So it's with no amu and no boots and 4 free jewels socked. Same condition. Same tree, just, all stuff variation from OP's build are set to "None" : https://pastebin.com/UgZTUJQ0
And here you have the same with OP stuff orientations : https://pastebin.com/VvmRPXGn
448 positive raw regen. Same situation in no bullshit buff no watcher eyes, etc.

What this show is simple : the problem here is not the stuff. It's the path followed in the tree. There is ~ 25-30 skill points difference between OP tree, and the one in this pastebin. So the switching between this tree to OP's tree should not cost more than 50 orb of regret (I count the bandit reward respect in count). We can easily say it's totaly negligible for a build that cost so much.

Now, to be clear, and don't face any misunderstanding ... What I'm trying to explain is, for player who does not already have the good watcher eye, and the same level of stuff than zzang, it's not unrelevant to folow a relativly different path and switch latter for OP's tree when they get the stuff, and enought experience in this build.
Because right now, from the review in this build, I see a bit to much of guys struggling with the RF degen with this build, and does not understanding how to solve this issue.
That's why I was saying it's necessary to not copy/past blindly his tree and custom it a bit for each other stuff.
I grabbed now a new belt, played a little with skills, and this my current plan:

https://pastebin.com/KHRpKYY8

Do you guys think this is working now?
"

That's why I was saying it's necessary to not copy/past blindly his tree and custom it a bit for each other stuff.

This is correct. I also state this in Q3 of my FAQ. An awful lot of people dont bother reading it although its printed fat in the first lines of the guide.

On a sidenote about ES jewel VS regen jewel: RF burns for 70% of energy shield and regeneration is based on maximum energy shield which means the gap between burn damage from RF and regeneration increases with increasing energy shield. Note that increasing the gap in absolute numbers will increase your relative regeneration. Its not a huge effect but its there.
"
zzang wrote:
"

This is correct. I also state this in Q3 of my FAQ. An awful lot of people dont bother reading it although its printed fat in the first lines of the guide.

On a sidenote about ES jewel VS regen jewel: RF burns for 70% of energy shield and regeneration is based on maximum energy shield which means the gap between burn damage from RF and regeneration increases with increasing energy shield. Note that increasing the gap in absolute numbers will increase your relative regeneration. Its not a huge effect but its there.

so i'd be better off with the 20% es recovery rate than +18% es for mana for uber elder specifically?
"
Bazztastic wrote:

so i'd be better off with the 20% es recovery rate than +18% es for mana for uber elder specifically?

This wasnt the jist of my text. There is no definitive answer to that in my opinion. Both jewels are excellent options. That being said im doing fine deathless without logouts on uber elder with a clarity ES jewel.

With time the jewels will get cheaper as they become more and more. Maybe in the future its possible to choose recover AND Es without paying 1k exalts.
"
"
Mecielle wrote:
Well, of course everybody could change 15 passives around to path way out of the norm to get sustain and use 5 Healthy Mind instead of good jewels.

But if you ever revert to OP's pathing, you will have to get a regen Watchers Eye too, simple as that. Or make do with 100-150 unbuffed net regen.

Yet told others that it is totally easy to get 500 net regen. It isn't, you have to either invest a small amount of currency, or do what you are doing, path in a totally different way to get 83% fire res and more regen.

That is why I am very sure it will be a much more relaxed and safe playstyle to go for a regen Watchers Eye instead of a clarity mana to ES one. Except maybe vs Uber Elder, but who cares about that clusterfuck of a fight. Did it once on my MS Inquisitor, never again.

Also, you have been answering a lot of questions and giving advice and maybe overlooked me doing the same for the last few days. This is like my 20th RF build I have done in the last 4 years. I have 6000 hours played, you don't have to explain the very basics. I was just confused about your statement about how easy it was to sustain on this build.

I see what you are trying to point.
So, right here you have a 200+ raw positive regen life. I just removed items slot where OP and I use different items. So it's with no amu and no boots and 4 free jewels socked. Same condition. Same tree, just, all stuff variation from OP's build are set to "None" : https://pastebin.com/UgZTUJQ0
And here you have the same with OP stuff orientations : https://pastebin.com/VvmRPXGn
448 positive raw regen. Same situation in no bullshit buff no watcher eyes, etc.

What this show is simple : the problem here is not the stuff. It's the path followed in the tree. There is ~ 25-30 skill points difference between OP tree, and the one in this pastebin. So the switching between this tree to OP's tree should not cost more than 50 orb of regret (I count the bandit reward respect in count). We can easily say it's totaly negligible for a build that cost so much.

Now, to be clear, and don't face any misunderstanding ... What I'm trying to explain is, for player who does not already have the good watcher eye, and the same level of stuff than zzang, it's not unrelevant to folow a relativly different path and switch latter for OP's tree when they get the stuff, and enought experience in this build.
Because right now, from the review in this build, I see a bit to much of guys struggling with the RF degen with this build, and does not understanding how to solve this issue.

Ok, I get you. We were talking about different things, little misunderstanding on my side. If the choice is to struggle or switch to another pathing, go for the pathing of course. I just didn't think that anybody would go for this build with little to no budget.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 22, 2018, 9:18:57 PM

Time to build this :)
"
Smellyyy wrote:

Gz, bought or dropped?
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Smellyyy wrote:

Gz, bought or dropped?

Paid 151ex :|
I am going to respec soon and will try it with this equipment/build:

https://pastebin.com/iXXRvb7a

Regen is unbuffed at around 250, I hope this work for the start. What would you see in character development the next most importnat investment? I have this on my list:

1. Watcher's Eye with "Regen while on Vitality" - comes around 3 exalts - this make it maybe possible to remove some regen nodes and replace them with ES nodes.

2. Presence of Chayula - around 8 exalts - ES boost

3. Shavronne's Wrappings 6 Linked - around 7 exalts - big damage boost

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info