[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

what level needed to start play in this build? 80 will be fine or better respec on 90+?
I switch to llrf at 65 since can equip rise of Phoenix. Then at 68 use prism guardian and memory vault. Make sure to use Solaris Lorica so you don’t die to chaos damage with low life
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Mar 22, 2018, 11:41:57 AM
"
"
can someone please tell me why i cant sustain?

I hope you're trolling lol

im not...i havent bought rings and amy yet cause i dont know if they are the problem, my tree has the regen nodes and my gems are still lvl 1, so i dont know what is the specific problem...can anyone help me?
i would really appreciate some help.
Well, I got a new ring for 50c. It also has ligthning damage, so EE should no prog? Here the new pastbin, I also removed a jewel slot to get barbarism. Is this okisch for start with this build?

https://pastebin.com/CN77vTT5
"
Mecielle wrote:
I'm the same, If I take out my Watcher's Eye I have -14 net regen instead of +500 ES regen. No idea why some people here actually say that a clarity mana to ES Watchers Eye is better than a regen Watchers Eye. Sure you have more ES, but have no regen.

So for you, your gear looks alright, suggesting you have some budget, get a regen while affacted by Vitality Watchers Eye. And while you are at it, a level 21 Purity of Fire.

The Clarity Watcher Eye is BiS because it will buff your tankiness and your dps at the same time.
Keep 1-2 things in mind :
- You will win +2-3k ES which is a buff of ~20% on your ES pool ;
- ES = RF DoT. So a +20% ES buff will, at the same time represent a +20% total dps for your RF setup.
And, at the same time, you should not need Watcher Eye to have something like 500+ positive regen. So Watcher Eye with any regen buff are totaly optional. They are extremly cool, but you should in first hand, stat your regen for RF without this Watcher Eye. If you rely on this buff, then there is a problem in your build.

"
Lipezenhow wrote:
I did some changes, and now this is my ho stats without flasks. http://prntscr.com/iumw4m Now i'm ok with rf degen.
I think, now i need to level up my character for pick some necessary nodes.
Am I right?
One more question, is it good a watcher's eye with "Immune to Freeze while affected by Purity of Ice" For elder fight?
I just killed elder t12 without difficulty

I will admit I'm a bit lazy to import your char on PoB without a pastebin. So I won't check out you regen level.

For your Watcher Eye question, yes it's a realy good one as complement for Clarity or Regen mods. Shock or Freeze immunity are realy cool buffs. This should gives yous free suffixes on flask.
But it's totaly secondary. What you should aim in first hand is Clarity or Regen buff. Freeze or Shock immunity should only be considered in second hand.

"
Lost_Legend wrote:
Btw., if you have problems with constantely becomeing frozen, my solution is this : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dream_Fragments

Personnaly, I would not support this. Removing a ring slot for this would only leads to lower your dps and your tankiness. You fuck Freeze/Chill effect with flasks or, eventualy, with the secondary buff on your Watcher Eye, but not with this ring.

"
Bob_ROss wrote:
Build looks nice, I collected all the items I could efford for the moment. Do you think it is playable with this setting:

https://pastebin.com/Qhq6FKtX

Without shity buff you have -247 degen while RF is activated.
And at the same time, you have flat fire attack on one of your ring. This will do a bad interaction with Elemental Equilibrium.
You don't need life on your heavy belt. Get some ES instead.

Your gems setup have some mistake.
You set in your Doon your Shield Charge setup and your Orb of Storm. Clarity is in your boots, exactly like your 4L RF setup. But we will consider it's a mistake and you set them in your Helmet. Be carfull this could do wrong interaction and mess up your stats on PoB.
If you grab Unnatural Calm on your tree, you don't need PoL to be in your Prim Guardian and be lvl 23. Switch with PoI or Discipline. This should balance a bit your stats.

And on your tree you did 2 major mistakes.
- You didn't took Barbarism. It's +1% max fire res. It's absolutly mandatory in order to help for your regen.
- As many reader, you copy/past OP tree without taking in count why he took this path, and why it was revelant for him.

I don't want to trash zzang for his build. I already said many times it's an extremly good build. And OP posted this guide with the clear message : it's not a cheap build. And it's not newbie friendly. The only thing were I'm not realy confortable with OP guide is the lake of progression guidance with his first post.
So if you are starting this build you MUST read it with a critic eye. It's the reader responsability to do a debunk of his build in order to understand how to make it works.
You must uncheck many option in the configuration sheet in his PoB in order to have a view of the raw build. You must change many item slots in order to set it to your level of wealthyness and to your rares items. You must modulate many items slot and gems in order to see how you could make it works with your own level of stuff.
And a big part of the choice of OP are based on his Watcher Eye (a Clarity & a regen buff which is absolutly monstruous for this build). Without it, you should consider to do some changes in his tree or even in his stuffing.

So in order to help you, here is 1-2 key points you must take in consideration in order to feel a bit more confortable with this build :
- You must have a minimum of 82 fire resistance, and should aim for 83 fire res ;
- You must take most of the regen life node in the tree and near your path. So don't skip regen nodes near Scion start and linked to Shaper node. You also probably need to take regen nodes from Templar start, and respect them latter when your stuff alow you this ;
- You must take some aura buff nodes in order to get the 82-83 fire res.
- When you reach a good level of stuff that alow you to have an enought regen (like far over 500 positive raw regen), then you should start to switch slowly to OP treen & stuff.

Otherwise, you will have hard time, don't understand what you did wrong and get bored by this build while it's a realy cool and pleasant one.

"
Goodt1mesAA wrote:
what level needed to start play in this build? 80 will be fine or better respec on 90+?

I started playing RF/SR at level 35 ans switched to LL version at level 68 (with Lorica, lol). You can start to play this build realy early in your leveling. There is only one thing to note : at level ~50, there is 2 situations. If you wanted to save currency and respect the less point, then you will have certainly a hard time with your tankiness. Otherwise you should take many life nodes in order to have a good survivability from lvl 50 to the point where you are switching to LL version. But this will cost you some Regrets.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Mar 22, 2018, 11:51:42 AM
"
Lipezenhow wrote:
I did some changes, and now this is my ho stats without flasks. http://prntscr.com/iumw4m Now i'm ok with rf degen.
I think, now i need to level up my character for pick some necessary nodes.
Am I right?
One more question, is it good a watcher's eye with "Immune to Freeze while affected by Purity of Ice" For elder fight?
I just killed elder t12 without difficulty
I will admit I'm a bit lazy to import your char on PoB without a pastebin. So I won't check out you regen level.

Here is my pastebin for pob, sorry!
https://pastebin.com/kz8rBWqG
Last edited by Lipezenhow on Mar 22, 2018, 12:02:34 PM
"
"
Mecielle wrote:
I'm the same, If I take out my Watcher's Eye I have -14 net regen instead of +500 ES regen. No idea why some people here actually say that a clarity mana to ES Watchers Eye is better than a regen Watchers Eye. Sure you have more ES, but have no regen.

So for you, your gear looks alright, suggesting you have some budget, get a regen while affacted by Vitality Watchers Eye. And while you are at it, a level 21 Purity of Fire.

The Clarity Watcher Eye is BiS because it will buff your tankiness and your dps at the same time.
Keep 1-2 things in mind :
- You will win +2-3k ES which is a buff of ~20% on your ES pool ;
- ES = RF DoT. So a +20% ES buff will, at the same time represent a +20% total dps for your RF setup.
And, at the same time, you should not need Watcher Eye to have something like 500+ positive regen. So Watcher Eye with any regen buff are totaly optional. They are extremly cool, but you should in first hand, stat your regen for RF without this Watcher Eye. If you rely on this buff, then there is a problem in your build.

First of all, I assume we are talking about unbuffed regen, obviously. No ruby flask, no hit recently, nothing that is a situational boost to regen.

Now, then tell me what to do to get 500 net regen without my 2 regen mod Watchers Eye:

I have 500 net regen WITH that 30ex+ monster... And have everything that affects regen. Mod on belt, all the passives, 82% max fire res. With ruby flask up and hit recently I get something like 800 net regen without my Watchers Eye.

I must be missing something fundamental if it is so easy to get 500 unbuffed net regen without a Watchers Eye.

My thoughts are simply that 12k or 15k ES makes no difference for survivability. 12k will tank the same amount of one-shot slams as 15k does, which is ALL of them. At the same time, if I get a few smaller hits of 3000 damage each, it takes me half the time to regen to full as it would take without a regen Watchers Eye.

And the RF damage boost? Why? RF kills every pack anyway when I run through them, and for bosses the RF damage is very close to nothing compared to SR so I don't really see why a RF damage boost would matter.

But hey, maybe I will just buy a clarity one and test it. Maybe I'm ok with shitty regen. (shitty when compared to my current insane regen)

PS: You really should get the +30 Strength node. Even more so if you use Alberon's, but even without them. Better than many notable mana nodes you have taken.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 22, 2018, 1:13:51 PM
Must be really nice to have a watchers eye....not necessary for this build but indeed a chase item
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Must be really nice to have a watchers eye....not necessary for this build but indeed a chase item

The vitality mod starts at 3ex, that not that hard to farm up to.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 22, 2018, 12:58:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info