[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
POE_trunq wrote:
I've never played RF ES
Tell me plz, if I start Scorching Ray Hierophant - whether it is realistic to save up the currency for this bild, or there is another more convenient start bild for respec

I started the league with a Templar and aiming to play RF as a starter.

Here is my strategy :

I started to play Molten Strike from start to now. Currently this is my character : https://pastebin.com/P5jJPDim

I'm still leveling and farming currency in order to buy few missing uniques :
- Shaper's Seed (mandatory) ;
- Belt of the Deceiver (for res, life and intimidate buff) ;
- Aurumvorax (for resistance)

Around lvl 30 I will look for few more uniques :
- Sundance (for fire res and movement speed) ;
- Bloodbound (for regen and %life)

Around lvl 35 I should have the right stuff and stats in order to switch to a life RF/SR template. I aim for this around lvl 35-40 :
https://pastebin.com/wg38Uhsf

After this it will be only upgrading some items when it's possible (gloves, boots, helmet, springleaf -> Oak). Grabing some jewels in order to improve dmg/life. And get some level and ascendency.

The differents tree :
https://pastebin.com/K1ztW6WM
Note : use the scrolling option down in tree window for the different trees to see a step by step tree progression for the build.
For stats check out, level manualy the character and gems. The stuff should not change so much within the leveling.

It's probably not the most efficient or the most safe way to do it (hard time should comes at lvl 60), but it should works.

Rest will be farming rare stuff for chaos recipe in order to buy the low life stuff for this build (I plan on a budget of ~300c for the full Low Life stuff within one week).

So as you can see, I do not go for this build as a starter but will convert it as fast as possible and will use all budget option possible.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Sep 1, 2018, 4:27:33 PM
Hi guys,

I need some help regarding the watcher's eye.

I tried to use path of building but either i'm using it wrong or something is bugged there.

Currenty I'm using a fairly basic watcher's eye with:
Gain 18% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clariy.

I want to upgrade this to a combo that will also give me more ES regen.

The options are watcher's eye with:

1- flat life regen + max mana combo:
137.6 Life Regenerated per Second while affected by Vitality
Gain 18% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity.

*path of building shows that my ES regen is higher by 160~ ES per sec

2- enery shield recovery + Max mana combo:
30% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline
Gain 18% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity

*for some reason with this option I don't see any change in my ES regen in path of building.

3- next option is life recovery + Max mana combo:
29% increased Life Recovery Rate while affected by Vitality
Gain 18% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity.

*here as well path of building shows that i get zero gain to my ES regen per sec.

4-last option is a max ES regen + max mana combo:
2.5% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline
Gain 18% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity

*As before path of building shows zero gain to my ES regen.

it makes no sense.

what watcher's eye combo is the best for this build? they cost so much and i need to be certain that i get one the is actually useful for my max ES and ES regen.
"
Darksiders25 wrote:
Hi guys,

I need some help regarding the watcher's eye.

I tried to use path of building but either i'm using it wrong or something is bugged there.

Currenty I'm using a fairly basic watcher's eye with:
Gain 18% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clariy.

I want to upgrade this to a combo that will also give me more ES regen.

The options are watcher's eye with:

1- flat life regen + max mana combo:
137.6 Life Regenerated per Second while affected by Vitality

*path of building shows that my ES regen is higher by 160~ ES per sec

2- enery shield recovery + Max mana combo:
30% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline

*for some reason with this option I don't see any change in my ES regen in path of building.

3- next option is life recovery + Max mana combo:
29% increased Life Recovery Rate while affected by Vitality

*here as well path of building shows that i get zero gain to my ES regen per sec.

4-last option is a max ES regen + max mana combo:
2.5% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline

*As before path of building shows zero gain to my ES regen.

it makes no sense.

what watcher's eye combo is the best for this build? they cost so much and i need to be certain that i get one the is actually useful for my max ES and ES regen.

Give us a link to the pob with the different watcher's eye you tested.

But normaly :

- % ES recovery rate with discipline > % max ES regen per sec with disci ⩾ flat life regen with Vitality.
- %Life recovery rate with Vitality does not work in this build.

ES recovery rate with discipline should gives you something like twice more regen than % max es regen with disci or flat life regen with vitality.
"

Give us a link to the pob with the different watcher's eye you tested.

But normaly :

- % ES recovery rate with discipline > % max ES regen per sec with disci ⩾ flat life regen with Vitality.
- %Life recovery rate with Vitality does not work in this build.

ES recovery rate with discipline should gives you something like twice more regen than % max es regen with disci or flat life regen with vitality.

1st time I do it so i hope it works. I've added difference watcher eyes with the different stats you can see and change them in items.

also the stats in pob is a bit different than the stats i have in game:
my in-game ES is 14.8K and my armor is 42155 while in pob it shows 12K ES and 34K armor. I have no idea why.

here is the link: https://pastebin.com/heFPre7t

TY
"
Darksiders25 wrote:
1st time I do it so i hope it works. I've added difference watcher eyes with the different stats you can see and change them in items.

also the stats in pob is a bit different than the stats i have in game:
my in-game ES is 14.8K and my armor is 42155 while in pob it shows 12K ES and 34K armor. I have no idea why.

here is the link: https://pastebin.com/heFPre7t

TY

Ok I see what's the problem.

With Vaal skill gems, PoB only activate Vaal version of gems but not the normal version.
You have Vaal Righteous Fire and Vaal Discipline so PoB does not show your regen when you have RF activated, and it does not consider you have Discipline up because by default PoB only turn on vaal version of your gems, and not non vaal version.

So you have to go in "Skill" sheet, and activate normal version of each vaal gems (desactivate vaal version to have a more accurate vision of your regen).

This should gives you proper stats and you should see how much each version of Watcher's eye buff you.
Otherwise you builded correctly each watcher's eye.

Hope this helped you.
"
"
Darksiders25 wrote:

Ok I see what's the problem.

With Vaal skill gems, PoB only activate Vaal version of gems but not the normal version.
You have Vaal Righteous Fire and Vaal Discipline so PoB does not show your regen when you have RF activated, and it does not consider you have Discipline up because by default PoB only turn on vaal version of your gems, and not non vaal version.

So you have to go in "Skill" sheet, and activate normal version of each vaal gems (desactivate vaal version to have a more accurate vision of your regen).

This should gives you proper stats and you should see how much each version of Watcher's eye buff you.
Otherwise you builded correctly each watcher's eye.

Hope this helped you.

tnx man, you're a pro :)
now the stats are accurate and it also shows the defrences.

the tooltip ingame isnt accurate. when I remove my 20% ES regen belt I only lose 200~ regen which makes no sense.

btw, what's more important ES regen per sec or ES recharge per sec?

I couldn't find what's the difference between the two.
any chance there is a 3.4 tree for this somewhere ? i checked poe ninja but nobodys running this build at lvl80+ yet
"
lightdarkness wrote:
any chance there is a 3.4 tree for this somewhere ? i checked poe ninja but nobodys running this build at lvl80+ yet

The tree didn't change a bit.
Still my favorite build!

Can we refund arcane vision when using global illumination? RF should be providing a good enough radius of sight? anyone tried it?

I'm still unsecure if to use full respecc because of some tweaking, so I didn't try out yet.
Last edited by Centhron on Sep 5, 2018, 2:05:02 PM
"
Centhron wrote:
Still my favorite build!

Can we refund arcane vision when using global illumination? RF should be providing a good enough radius of sight? anyone tried it?

I'm still unsecure if to use full respecc because of some tweaking, so I didn't try out yet.

Arcane Vision is only a QoL node. This does absolutly nothing for this build in terme of stats.
If you are ok to make PoE a dark game, then drop it. Personnaly I think it's wasting a skill point. But this is totaly up to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info