about mao kun chests

"
"
Miská wrote:
GCP don't drop from those boxes, only currency that doesn't affect quality. Like an Arcanist.

/thread if true...

Given the OP didn't link their mirror and sort of just mentioned it, I don't think it was a humblebrag or even a complaint about rarity, just a genuine query why they were getting pretty much everything you could ever want rarity-wise *except* a fairly common currency item. That would strike me as odd as well and I'd wonder if it were bugged.

But then there's this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4ewzlw/i_ran_10_mao_kun_unique_maps_heres_the_loot/

This dude's haul has both whetstones and armourer's scraps in it, which affect quality. Have things changed since this was posted?

edit: ah, that person might be including incidental drops from random kills. It's interesting that even then there are no gcps in there.

Not to cast aspersions, Miská, but a citation confirming what you've claimed would be good.

[Removed by Support] ya was just curious wtf is up with gcp's in those boxes i do find chisels and everything else so
Last edited by Allen_GGG on Feb 11, 2018, 6:27:36 AM
"
zeroborne wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
GCP don't drop from those boxes, only currency that doesn't affect quality. Like an Arcanist.

ya but chisels drop from it lmao

Chisels don't drop from Mao Kun booty chests.

"
Spoiler

/thread if true...

Given the OP didn't link their mirror and sort of just mentioned it, I don't think it was a humblebrag or even a complaint about rarity, just a genuine query why they were getting pretty much everything you could ever want rarity-wise *except* a fairly common currency item. That would strike me as odd as well and I'd wonder if it were bugged.

But then there's this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4ewzlw/i_ran_10_mao_kun_unique_maps_heres_the_loot/

This dude's haul has both whetstones and armourer's scraps in it, which affect quality. Have things changed since this was posted?

edit: ah, that person might be including incidental drops from random kills. It's interesting that even then there are no gcps in there.

Not to cast aspersions, Miská, but a citation confirming what you've claimed would be good.

Don't have a citation, I do have hundreds of Mao Kun logged on some older reddit posts.

For example this one. https://imgur.com/a/Ptnrz

That's 144 Mao Kun logged. You can see that all the quality currency are much lower in quantity then the others. That's because they only drop from monsters in the map.

Here's another 100x https://imgur.com/a/NKKPg

Same story.
Last edited by Miská on Feb 11, 2018, 9:24:39 AM
"
zeroborne wrote:
im just wondering if these chests are bugged ive run around 100 mao kun maps thats 800 booty chests ive found 1 mirror a bunch of ex/divines but 0 fking gcp wtf is this bs 0 FKING GCP arent gcp a currency only around 2-3 times rarer then chaos orbs i should find a lot more fking gcp then 0 especially if i found a mirror and a bunch of ex/diovines so im wondering if the chests are bugged

I assume this is troll post? 1 mirror after 100 Mao Kun and u are complaining about not getting gcp?
Lol ive heard alot of bullshit but this took #1 place.
Last edited by FinYuna on Feb 11, 2018, 10:25:42 AM
"
FinYuna wrote:
"
zeroborne wrote:
im just wondering if these chests are bugged ive run around 100 mao kun maps thats 800 booty chests ive found 1 mirror a bunch of ex/divines but 0 fking gcp wtf is this bs 0 FKING GCP arent gcp a currency only around 2-3 times rarer then chaos orbs i should find a lot more fking gcp then 0 especially if i found a mirror and a bunch of ex/diovines so im wondering if the chests are bugged

I assume this is troll post? 1 mirror after 100 Mao Kun and u are complaining about not getting gcp?

It's not complaining, OP is wondering.
And given the rarity of mirrors, it's hard to imagine that when one of those (and pretty much every other currency, it seems) dropped, that no GCP would drop.
Thus the question if it could be bugged.

However, Miská linked some Mao Kun logs and it seems that the Booty Chests can "just" drop currency that does not alter the quality, so the same set of currency that an Arcanist's Strongbox can drop.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
FinYuna wrote:
"
zeroborne wrote:

It's not complaining, OP is wondering.
And given the rarity of mirrors, it's hard to imagine that when one of those (and pretty much every other currency, it seems) dropped, that no GCP would drop.
Thus the question if it could be bugged.

However, Miská linked some Mao Kun logs and it seems that the Booty Chests can "just" drop currency that does not alter the quality, so the same set of currency that an Arcanist's Strongbox can drop.

exactly this and yeah this answered my question but why do scraps/wetstones drop though every booty chest i open i see scraps arent those quality affecting currency im confused
"
D3izhistory wrote:
i still havent found a bloody shavs this league my RNG is TERRIBLE!!!!!

not even HC or SSF, I'm disappointed.

Could u find atleast some gcp? after all who gives a fuck about mirrors, we all want gcp.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 11, 2018, 4:35:38 PM
Thanks for the follow-up Miská. That's a pretty solid data set.

Also, good grief there are some people here who are just deliberately missing the point to stir shit. Stop it. This was a valid query.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 11, 2018, 8:23:13 PM
The Booty Chests are restricted from dropping currency items that add quality, just like Arcanist's Strongboxes are. This is not a bug.
Thanks Mark! You're awesome.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info