Oni-Goroshi

Levels should improve spawning odds though, and killing Hillock takes all of two seconds. I doubt you really lose anything killing him.
Almost at level 8 ....

soon .... soon ...

X
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
I doubt that. It's already tedious as hell so it's gated by boredom. People don't want to spend 8 hours in a level 1 area.

It has been already confirmed by Charan [creator of the sword]

Charan confirmed that it will be lowered before bestiary, because drop chance was lowered at Bestiary. Right now it is insane and lowering further more is just crazy.

"
xyllywyt wrote:
Do we need to Kill Hillock at the end of each run. I've pretty much got all my iLvl gear, so there isn't much to kill him.

X

Killing him is just seconds and he gives 40xp. Its worth to do it if you already at him. On one of my goons ive hit from lvl 7 to 8 just by killing him.

Also tehre are many topics about farmong Goroshi why making new one? Lazy?
"
de99ial wrote:
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
I doubt that. It's already tedious as hell so it's gated by boredom. People don't want to spend 8 hours in a level 1 area.

It has been already confirmed by Charan [creator of the sword]

Charan confirmed that it will be lowered before bestiary, because drop chance was lowered at Bestiary. Right now it is insane and lowering further more is just crazy.

It would only be crazy to have lowered the drop change if the specific goal of the sword was to have people farm it from Hillok.

This was, in fact, not the design goal, and GGG (and, I believe, the creator) were both surprised by how many people actually went ahead and did so. The expectation was that most of them would come from purchasing sets of the divination cards.

Lowering the chance would be the exactly right and sensible thing to do, if your goal was to discourage people farming this at the very start of the league.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:

It would only be crazy to have lowered the drop change if the specific goal of the sword was to have people farm it from Hillok.

This was, in fact, not the design goal, and GGG (and, I believe, the creator) were both surprised by how many people actually went ahead and did so. The expectation was that most of them would come from purchasing sets of the divination cards.

Lowering the chance would be the exactly right and sensible thing to do, if your goal was to discourage people farming this at the very start of the league.

And it was - BEFORE Bestiary.
"
de99ial wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:

And it was - BEFORE Bestiary.

I'm not sure that is really relevant to my comment, but ... yes. Lowering it further if too many people farm it in Bestiary would also make sense. YMMV on it being the *right* goal to have, but I think it is reasonable to say that GGG are acting in ways that support their stated goals.

(that is, my response was to the "it is crazy" part, not anything else.)
Lowering even more would be crazy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info