[VIDEO GUIDE] Shimmeron Arc Miner - Easy Clear All Content

why you dont take this http://prntscr.com/ihs6ed
this build probably gonna be my league starter for bestiary :D been a long time since my last assassin, now the new ascendancies will make this even more OP
amazing build but i can say this can be a little trickier to lvl up if you don't balance life and mana correctly and getting an essence worm in the beginning of the league is expensive too :/ farming those shimmerons will be a pain too oh well i think i will stick with tremor rod till then

"
why you dont take this http://prntscr.com/ihs6ed

because the other damaging stuff gets more dps even if a little more
also you can take those points after lvl 89 but in PoB the crit nodes in doomcast gives more damage when you are at max charges too bad it needs 2 points more to get the node
but even so the damage is more than enough for endgame i would get the additional mine placement for lvl 90 to get a little more damage with ambush ascendancy in boss fights
great build
been trying out traper variant (because i just hate invul aura mobs/totems) but ultimately went for mines - the 'place additional mine' was the reason tbh

is it hc viable? imho - yes. there are few dangerous moments during leveling (i found sun/moon fight pretty dangerous due to no items to chain from, no adds and my terrrrrible leveling gear)

can you level 'as' this build? YES! arc mines are pretty damn fast
get cwdt + detonate mines ASAP, this helps A TON and supplements your usual totem + detonate mines

essence worm is NOT needed while leveling and if the budget is an issue - it is not required at all. just get Praxis (if possible with 'gain mana from damage' corruption - it is GREAT for MoM and general mana sustain) instead. this build WILL NOT lack in damage so that %more you get from wrath is not that big of a deal. in fact - grace seems just as good of an option for HC setting

get Enduring Cry for endurance charges (imho cwdt+ic is a noob trap that serves no purpose without EC and even with them i find it highly lackluster) and you are set defensively

once you reach content that demands high damage - you will be able to buy yourself an Essence Worm no problem.

note on MoM: MoM in general plays best with these:
but these are not cheap and readily available (for a reason) but if you want to play as the guide advertises make SURE you take all MoM related nodes at once. MoM WILL KILL YOU if you run OOM. IT WILL HAPPEN.

So I stumbled upon this video a few weeks ago and tried it out on an abyss league character. Holy wow this was pretty solid. A little light on life at times while leveling, but that was because running with almost all uniques early caused some issues.

Really looking forward to trying this out in Bestiary league as my starter.

My question would be when do you take Blast Cascade? I will admit while watching your video, because you said to not take it earlier, AND for having never played a miner before, I skipped over that until I got my Shimmeron wands. Then was like, how are you generating Power charges without the shield? I was blown away when I read the whole node.

At what level should blast cascade be taken? Do we take Power Charges while leveling, even if we can't utilize them until we get blast cascade?

Great video. Love the info and the guide. Thanks!
i can't answer for zambash but i believe blast cascade is only necessary when you are ready for uberlab
before this just use your jaws of agony in your swap, it worked very well for my trappers and miners in the past since the damage is already nice without charges
you can also use something that is not a mine/trap to generate pcharges with the unstable infusion before shimmerons like OoS with crit strikes gem
i took Blast Cascade at the same level i was able to use Shimmerons. i farmed in Blood Aqueducts till lev req - took me like 15 or 20 minutes (and found ~15 Tabula cards in the process) and after that switched wands, respecced few points and was ready for a cruise to Kitava and beyond

i believe you do not need Blast Cascade earlier.
few final thoughs as ive finaly managed to have a bit of spare time

1) build is very very good ONCE you understand the no-no's

2) Shaper Helmet is pretty much mandatory.

3) DO NOT enchant your gloves unless you want to be in a world of hurt. most of these enchants attacks and with your crit chance these WILL crit. there are just few safe enchants and one good one: of Reflection. 1/10+ chance. ive farmed lab for a fair bit and hit it exactly never

4) boot enchant: ele pen or flat added lightning. life/mana regen are not strong enough, other are unreliable.

5) MoM is questionable. I still prefer 'damage gained as mana' route (that allows us to reserve half of our mana pool and OOM situation is rather rare if even possible). i have my wise oak balanced so i wont toy with gear but id suggest double praxis setup OR at least rings/amulets with 'damage gained as mana' corruptions
5a) other way to gain mana back is Spirited Response *2 + Rallying Cry. MoM without 'damage gained as mana' is simply a car with fixed gearbox ratio. it can be done but once you start shifting you know the real thing

6) you CAN DISABLE the degen by weapon swap. it still runs in the background so it will resume once you switch back to double wands but in case of danger YOU CAN turn the degen off

7) use the numlock trick (full legal, i got email from support about it) to have a perma 'attack in place'. mines without this are terrrrrrrrrible

8) beyond spawns in tight room CAN and WILL kill you if you roll 'invlunerable alies' rare. once it spawns it is a dead map. leave. ive tried to combat it with conversion trap etc but it is just terrible. it is the weakest point of Arc Mines (and Arc in general)

9) CwDT + detonate mines helps a lot.

build is great and should work just as well with new Assassin however i already miss Saboteur's defensive nodes.

id like to see more guides and builds like these in the future - nice format and fun build based on creativity not 'stack broken sh.. and pretend it is skill'
For those that need more mana regen and damage at the start, and don't really have anything to put in the Jewel Socket before the Clever Construction/High Explosives wheel; Grab the Survival Secrets Jewel in Act 2, it's from a quest called Through Sacret Grounds, which is very close to the ascendancy trial in The Crypt.

Also running dualwield wands with Spell power and Mana regen is nice;

It helped me so much.
Last edited by Fredd32 on Mar 3, 2018, 4:03:33 AM
"
3) DO NOT enchant your gloves unless you want to be in a world of hurt. most of these enchants attacks and with your crit chance these WILL crit. there are just few safe enchants and one good one: of Reflection. 1/10+ chance. ive farmed lab for a fair bit and hit it exactly never

hi , can you tell us what are the good ones beside "of Reflection" plz ?
is the "of Light" safe ? ( consecrated ground )

thank you ^^
Are Void battery all that worse than Shimmeron?
Last edited by JasonSeerose on May 2, 2018, 1:49:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info