Joe's Stream.

May 29, 2018. Long post incoming

Off-stream in the morning I worked on my duelist, just plugging away at the Act 7 storyline. This time, I didn't record any vids or anything, just a screenshot here and there (plus, I just wanted to listen to some music from my Amazon Prime, something I hadn't really done since I started streaming). I just loaded up with some stuff I wanted to bring with him to SSF Standard. Basically he's on a suicide mission.

News flash: He is now in Act 8, and has just killed Doedre (although on several occasions he's been at Death's Door). Some good progress.

I also goofed around with Lightning Strike and Frost Blades on my ranger as well, totally forgetting that I had this item in my stash:

But I found them to be too fancy (for lack of a better word) for my taste (plus, using projectile attacks at melee range seems kinda silly as well). But I still went back to my 'Ol Reliable Viper Strike.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like yesterday, I'm streaming in the middle of a storm. Oh well.

And here's a novel idea I wish I'd have thought of a long time ago: A video about my build, and a bit of reasoning behind some of my choices. Then just add the link to every boss video I do, that way I can just skip the formalities - a lot of times my intro is longer than the fight itself :\ - and go right into the fight.

My ranger build

On the evening stream I played - surprise! - my ranger, mostly map and Blood Aquaduct running. Some good maps today, Fields, Dunes, the Channel. Wide open areas with not too difficult bosses. But otherwise nothing out of the ordinary today.

The Blacksmith fight

Gruest v2.0 fight

And here's the records I played today:

Roky Erickson - Gremlins Have Pictures
Ween - God Ween Satan
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Time to call it a night. Take care and thanks for reading/watching. See ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Records and some random ranger running [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
May 30, 2018.

Joe's Whimsy-Filled Morning!

This morning off-stream I funned around on my marauder and made a Molten Strike setup, just on a whim. Works great for AoE, single-target, not so much. It's a scrap.

So after giving my shit to Viper Strike - and even making a video about it - I just rediscovered an ability I completely forgot about when I made my very very first character (HC marauder, eventually SSF HC): Elemental Hit. I saw it just dealt dinky damage of a random element, so I didn't think anything more of it. I was also new to the game, so I never knew about the concept of leveling up gems or manipulating sockets. So, fast forward to now, after playing this game for about 6 months I saw the gem and I'm like "Hmmm..."

The results: Disappointing, but not as much as Wild Strike. I still like Viper Strike a lot more. I kinda wish they'd flip-flop the sound effects though. I think Elemental Hit should sound more like Viper Strike and Viper Strike should sound more like Elemental Hit. It just makes more sense to me (I don't recall vipers in real life making loud CHINK! sounds when they strike). So, the next sessions I'll be working on farming Orbs of Regret to get my Viper Strike build back, as I went all-in on Elemental Hit. Whoops!

My Elemental Hit intro and sample run

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evening stream highlights (too tired to write everything out):

• Earlier than normal stream. Only 2 hours of sleep, tossed and turned for one. Might as well make myself useful and stream.

• On the upside, I met an old friend who I used to play Diablo 3 with. We both started out as newbie streamers. We caught up on things a bit. :]

• I got my Viper Strike back! I managed to get enough Orb of Regrets to switch back to most of my poison nodes. Elemental Hit is actually pretty bad for what you get out of it. Low DPS but high mana cost. Wild Strike, despite dealing almost twice as much DPS, is actually cheaper mana-wise.

Sumter fight

• Worked on my marauder, playing a Molten Strike/poison (I lol'ed when I read about this!) build. Still needs to be worked on though.

And here's the records I played:

Black Sabbath - Vol. 4
Prince - For You
Fugazi - Red Medicine
The Golden Era of Dixieland Jazz, 1887-1937
Tom Lehrer - That Was the Year That Was
Funkadelic - One Nation, Under a Groove

Okay, probably going to be laying down for sure, despite it might screw up my sleep pattern (I work nights, so I have to sleep during the afternoon-early evening)

"Joe's Stream" Vinyls and mostly mat farming [SSF SC]. Earlier than normal stream! :O
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on May 31, 2018, 12:28:31 AM
May 31, 2018.

Yesterday was the last day of my vacation. So from here on out I'll only be able to (possibly) play PoE a second time on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. :[

Off-stream this morning I continued on with my SSF HC duelist, moving along in the questline. I also did all the trials for the Cruel Labyrinth. Like before, I'm loading up with stuff I want to bring with me to SSF Standard for if/when I die:

Well, I got as far as the boss fight in the "Love is Dead" quest, where apparently the boss blows up corpses, which I wasn't aware of until after the fact:

And now the rest of my SC characters are saying "Boy, are we glad to see you!". So now, it looks like the future plans will consist of getting him out of champion and into gladiator, especially now that he's no longer in HC anymore.

Oh, and I switched out my ranger's Charged Dash for Cyclone. Works a lot better, but on the downside I can't cross gaps with it, which means a lot more scenic routes taken. So there's a tradeoff. >.<

And on the evening stream I just did some map/Blood Aqueduct running. My vacation has ended and so it's back to work again ie. 1-2 hour streams.

Nightmare Omen (Malachai) fight

And I've switched back to Charged Dash on my ranger, as Cyclone is too slow. Plus, as stated this morning, you can't cross gaps with it, so you have to run 50 feet in order to get to a spot that's 5 feet in front of you. >.<

I might be changing my mind about my duelist. I might keep him at champion, but switching all his dual-wielding nodes to shield ones, but we'll see. Why?:

Okay, here's the vinyl albums I played this session:

Devo - New Traditionalists
Sonny Rollins & Co. - The Standard Sonny Rollins

Okay, have to start getting ready for work. Take care and see ya next time. Thanks for reading/watching, always appreciated! ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyls and mostly mat farming before work [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
June 1, 2018.

Reset my duelist, and it looks like he's going to stay champion. Except he's now a sword-and-board character. Nice weapon drop just before I shut down for the night (for a lvl 55ish weapon), just perfect for him!:

And talk about coincidence! Earlier on I tried out Elemental Hit, an ability I wanted to use when I first started playing this game. Come to find out recently they redid the skill, so I tried it out again. Definitely an improvement, great for AoE. Single-target, not so much. But like always, it suffers from "Resists elemental damage" monsters. So, back to Viper Strike. :p

And for what records I played they were:

Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV

Okay, off to get ready for work now. Take care, and thanks for reading/watching. Have a good day/night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Old records and a new patch. :] [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
June 2, 2018.

Just did a map and a Bloody Aqueduct run on my ranger, after that I switched over to my duelist and managed to kill Yugul (didn't have time to make a video, and I forgot to take a screenshot. -_- ).

One of my more regular viewers also dropped by for a chat, so I spent part of my time doing that, always a good thing!

Well, that's it on that. And here's the records I played (although not sure you could hear any of these very well, as I forgot to kill the in-game music because i was wetodid)

Kraftwerk - Ralf & Florian
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
The Clash - Self-Titled Debut

Okay, have to get ready for work. Thanks for reading/watching, and see ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Vinyl records and maps and stuff [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Jun 10, 2018, 2:15:42 AM
June 3, 2018.

Divided my time between ranger and marauder this time, especially after I found an upgrade for him. Now he's even more faster/viable!

And today was the day for crashes, happening 3 times today, more than any other session I think. Good thing I don't do HC anymore lol.

Got a few visits too, one from our old Diablo 3 running days, always a good thing. :]

And that's it for today. And here's the records I played today:

Heart - Little Queen
Frankie Yankovic (no relation to Weird Al) and His Yanks - Polka Time!
Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker

Okay, have to get ready for work now. Take care and thanks for reading, and see ya next time. ;]

"Joe's Stream" A few LPs and running various odds and ends [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Joe__Schmoe on Jun 10, 2018, 2:15:56 AM
June 4, 2018.

Excellent session today! I ran a couple maps, one of which I had to abandon (Sallazzang in the Gardens) since I didn't wish to deal with the logistical nightmare involved with turning my build into a single-target corpse-explosion build just for the sake of a mere boss. After those I moved my hideout out to the beach now that Haku hit level 7. I can see the sunshine now!

With all that done I decided to switch to my shadow character and work on him. Great progress! Made it from late Act 5 to about halfway in Act 6. And for my next session I might just work on him some more. :]

(Oh, sorry for the background noise in these vids. I've recently used my box fan as a kind of heatsink for my computer, helps keep the temps down somewhat. Chances are, I'll probably make fewer of these videos because of it)

Spoiler

Kitava fight

Tukohama fight

Shavronne/Brutus fight

And this session is in the can. And here's the vinyl LPs I played today:

Saturday Night Fever Movie Soundtrack
The Cure - Disintegration
Grofe - Grand Canyon Suite
Vangelis - Spiral

Okay, time to call it a night. Take care and thanks for reading/watching, I appreciate it. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing record albums while running various oddball stuff [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
June 5, 2018.

Another good session. I focused entirely on my shadow, starting from the middle of Act 6 and making it as far as where you have to get fireflies in Act 7, some decent progress.

The Brine King fight

And for the next session, I'll probably keep plugging away at the storyline. But tomorrow my work week starts up again, so I might just play my ranger instead, focusing on dailies and a map or two, something not too committal. We'll see.

And for the records I played today they were:

The Beatles - White Album
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Steve Miller Band - Fly Like an Eagle

Okay, gonna call it good. Tired and hungry. Thanks for reading/watching. Take care and have a good night/day. ;]

Stream vid deleted since about a third of it was muted due to copyright (combination of music being too loud and too much inactivity ie not enough in-game noise). Fortunately this vid was recorded on my hard drive, so not a complete loss. :P
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
June 6, 2018.

Mostly ran on my ranger today, just doing dailies and a few map runs. I also did an Eternal Laby trial as well, which went surprisingly quick and easy, the easiest one I've done.

And my work week has started, so it'll be 1-2 hour streams again. I'll probably just focus on mat farming for now (trying to get my shadow into the same Viper Strike single-target/Viper Strike AoE setup that my ranger has), maybe work on shadow a bit or something, we'll see.

And here's the vinyls I played today (and yaaay only one track muted, unlike yesterday where about 10 were muted :O ):

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters

Okay, have to get ready for work now. Take care and thanks for reading/watching. Always appreciated! ;]

"Joe's Stream" Running some vinyl and some shadow and/or farm stuff on my ranger [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.
June 7, 2018.

Computer restarts just moments after my stream starts, followed by game crashes at various times. Bad day today. >:[

Aside from that, I just did dailies and a few map runs - when the game wasn't crashing during those - and tried to do a Merciless Laby run on my marauder, but didn't make it past the first Izaro encounter. :[ On a whim I tried to fight Gruthkul on my shadow, but got one-shot (forgot about Despair debuff).

I should've just stayed in bed. -_-

Anyway, here's the records I played today:

Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get
The Washington Post Marching Band - 50 Fabulous March Favorites

Okay, have to get ready for work. Hopefully nothing else bad happens, like my car blowing up or a meteor hits my apartment or something. But otherwise, thanks for reading/watching. Take care and have a good day/night. ;]

"Joe's Stream" Playing records and my ranger, maybe others too [SSF SC].
My Patreon page.
My Youtube Channel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info